• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]all I am saying is it is pointless getting worked up about something we have no control over

so that's that then!!  
sad.gif
What would you do if you could?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Oct. 01 2005,00:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]all I am saying is it is pointless getting worked up about something we have no control over

so that's that then!!  
sad.gif
What would you do if you could?
well if i win tonights lottery i would by the club. not sure how we would get the new stadium, maybe do as most clubs do let the council stump up the 30mil.
smile.gif

Sadly it seems like the new Stadium dream is just that. I just wish that they'd come forward and admit it's highly unlikely to happen.
sad.gif

Quite happy at the Hall, I never really wanted to leave it, but the club has been so adamant that they need a new ground to progress. Due to this I'm a bit worried about the whole situation...

For the exiles who missed the piece in the echo.

Taken form www.thisisessex.co.uk

Southend: Stadium plan in limbo
Brought to you by the Evening Echo
Southend United's dream of a new stadium at Fossetts Farm could be scuppered because of a dispute between its major shareholders, it was revealed today.

Blues chairman and shareholder Ron Martin has always insisted the new 15,000 seater stadium was essential for the club's future.

However, joint shareholder Colin Wagman, of London-based Delancey Estates, cast doubt over the stadium plan by suggesting it was "not the most likely scenario".

Mr Wagman said: "It's fair comment that it's pretty difficult to relocate the club to Fossetts Farm in the circumstances and it has been for some time. "I think it's very difficult to commercially achieve and I don't think it's the most likely scenario.

"But it doesn't stop them playing football at Roots Hall."

Mr Martin confirmed his hopes of leaving Blues' spiritual Roots Hall home for a new site at Fossetts Farm have stagnated for now.

* Full story in Tuesday's Echo

now dat ron martin has had a b id considered by delancey we can probably get this stadium plan to go ahead wahoo!!!!!!!

Over the course of the years i think we have heard so many rumours about how the new stadium will bring in £XXmillions in the future, but we seem as near now as ever, but still as far away as we were at the beginning of this saga all those years ago. Until there is an opening game at any new stadium i wont believe it till it happens.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Jan. 24 2006,18:16)]Now that ron martin has had a bid considered by delancey we can probably get this stadium plan to go ahead. Wahoo!!!!!!!
He has? I haven't read this yet. Even if that's true, Delancey have to agree, not just consider, to sell their shares if we are to proceed, so lets not start counting chickens yet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Jan. 25 2006,11:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Jan. 24 2006,18:16)]Now that ron martin has had a bid considered by delancey we can probably get this stadium plan to go ahead. Wahoo!!!!!!!
He has? I haven't read this yet. Even if that's true, Delancey have to agree, not just consider, to sell their shares if we are to proceed, so lets not start counting chickens yet.
Clicky

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Jan. 25 2006,23:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (<span style='color:red'>Southend</span> @ Jan. 25 2006,23:39)]Clicky
"Wise stirs up controversy despite his scoring debut for Sky Blues"

Interesting. But what's it got to do with Southend United?

WS
Jávea
It's right at the bottom of the article. Until I see something from Southend themselves I won't believe it...

Back