• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin - A disgrace!

WESTY_SUFC

I spoke to several people who work for the club today who confirm they have not been paid yet. They also confirmed payments are behind not just recently and been told things which have not materialised.

As much as I love SUFC I can't give money towards this disgusting man.

Think we are better off trying to start again and boycott this man totally!

i have a family member working at Southend and they have been paid, know a few of the kids who are stewards (in my sunday team) they got paid too.

maybe a few left over but it isnt good that’s for sure

boycotting wouldn’t help, less money coming in so no one grt# paid and in the end club could go. But I do understand the frustration

1/boycott options please
2/ when you buying the club out then?

I spoke to several people who work for the club today who confirm they have not been paid yet. They also confirmed payments are behind not just recently and been told things which have not materialised.

As much as I love SUFC I can't give money towards this disgusting man.

Think we are better off trying to start again and boycott this man totally!
I guess you must have all the facts, know the ins and outs of the finances at the club then? No, thought not

I just don't get the vitriol against Ron, okay he's struggling and doesn't have unlimited funds but his ducking and diving has kept us going for 20+ years, by rights we should have gone out of business 10 years ago but somehow Ron has kept us going and got us within 10 minutes of the L1 playoffs.

If the new stadium finally happens I won't begrudge Ron a single penny that he makes because my god will he have done it the hard way.

I guess you must have all the facts, know the ins and outs of the finances at the club then? No, thought not

Nope I just expect people who work for the club to be paid on time. If you don't expect that then I guess you don't have a job or bills to pay?

We have seen plenty of dodgy owners over the years - Blackburn, Leeds, Charlton etc. Better the devil you know I say

This is all a tad tedious BUT it is an improvement on the repetition of the same theme on other threads and taking those of topic.

Boring post....if we aint got the money we haven’t got it...if he has to keep funding the club via his other companies....and if this season cash flow has been lower than previous seasons and therefore even more money needs to come in from his other business ventures.

Better the devil you know and boycotting is only going to make the situation worse!!!

All wages were paid and as of 6pm last night nobody had monies outstanding.

However, it is only 2 weeks before some are due to be paid again, but it will be sorted.

Some stewards did not turn up for work today despite being paid. Hey that's their choice, there are others willing to work and not sit on their back sides.

All wages were paid and as of 6pm last night nobody had monies outstanding.

However, it is only 2 weeks before some are due to be paid again, but it will be sorted.

Some stewards did not turn up for work today despite being paid. Hey that's their choice, there are others willing to work and not sit on their back sides.

This is all very confusing. You are saying this, and WESTY is saying some haven't been paid.

This is all very confusing. You are saying this, and WESTY is saying some haven't been paid.

Unless I am being lied to be several stewards (which I doubt). They have not been paid and some more than one month behind on payments. It's disgusting. Anyone who thinks thats acceptable to me is a ****.

Unless I am being lied to be several stewards (which I doubt). They have not been paid and some more than one month behind on payments. It's disgusting. Anyone who thinks thats acceptable to me is a ****.

They were paid mate. Don't ask me how I know, but they were paid. I had same conversation with some of the Stewards today who thought some had not been paid because they had not arrived for work. They have and it's their choice to turn up or not.

Because some stewards did not turn up, so the others thought it was because of not getting wages (I have about 12 stewards on my FB friends list and they all got paid)

Spoke to them today at half time. Don't assume unless you know for a fact. You are wrong! They have not been paid as on right now.

I worked at the ground today, as I do for many home games, not as a steward, and those of you that know me will know what I do. I spoke with various people prior to the game, including Stewards that I chat to regularly, all of which told me that they had been paid, but some decided that they had had enough and stayed away.
Ron ain’t perfect, but if you want to find a reason to berate him, you always can, but let’s stick with truths eh.

I worked at the ground today, as I do for many home games, not as a steward, and those of you that know me will know what I do. I spoke with various people prior to the game, including Stewards that I chat to regularly, all of which told me that they had been paid, but some decided that they had had enough and stayed away.
Ron ain’t perfect, but if you want to find a reason to berate him, you always can, but let’s stick with truths eh.

Thank you ....... End of story

Back