• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin and Delancey

I was listening to a debate on 606 t'toerh day about thsie xact subject.

Would you want a chairman who is a fan and might let his heart rule his head (Ron after the succesive promotions??) or a businessman who will do the best for the club (Ron now??).

A decent businessman who is a fan. If he's any good at being a hardnosed businessman, he will be able to keep emotions out of it. The only down side for him/her is the mental strain it would put him under because of his love for his club.

Martin Edwards did ok at Manure, especially as he took over from his father. I admit he is the exception to the rule.

We will be poorer for not owning our own ground too!

Cheap shot, it has been reported on numerous occasions in the 10 years or so that MD have been involved that RM was not a football man at the outset.
Nor was John Main and he was forced out by Wagman because he had "turned native"
RM has made no pretentions that his initial investments were made purely as a business venture.

As for dissolving companies, when small companies are taken over the business is often merged with the taking over organisation, the redundant shell is then dissolved.

I would be far more wary of the number of companies that were liquidated as opposed to dissolved

Oh yes.. RM's first great act - the taking over the club, after Main was forced out. I'm sure you'd like to see (if you haven't already) the 30 page dossier i have on this issue, and the past going's on - that seem oh so much more relevant now.

J, for what it's worth, South Eastern Leisure UK Limited was originally incorporated as 'Delancey South Eastern UK Limited' I believe but changed it's name after Incorporation.

Oh yes.. RM's first great act - the taking over the club, after Main was forced out. I'm sure you'd like to see (if you haven't already) the 30 page dossier i have on this issue, and the past going's on - that seem oh so much more relevant now.

Why don't you publish your 'dossier' on here so we can all see what you are on about?

Well I hope the dossier is more accurate than that statement.

RM did not take over the club after JM was forced out.
RM was in control of the club and he appointed JM when MD took over the reins from VJ

JM was forced out by Wagman / Delancey as it was felt he was not controlling the budget strictly enough (amongst other things) and Delancey did not want RM/MD to keep going back to them for cash injections. At that stage RM did not delegate the task any more and took it over himself (primarily at the instigation of Delancey again)

Why don't you publish your 'dossier' on here so we can all see what you are on about?

Nah.. The person who published it- wouldn't want it in the public domain. Plus, i don't think it will show anymone in a great light! You not seen it? That suprises me, it's been around a while!

Nah.. The person who published it- wouldn't want it in the public domain. Plus, i don't think it will show anymone in a great light! You not seen it? That suprises me, it's been around a while!

If you want your argument to be credible then you are going to have to reveal what you have

You are Alistair Camnpbell and I claim my five pounds.

Feel free to PM it to me or PM me for an email address so I can see what all the fuss is about.

If you want your argument to be credible then you are going to have to reveal what you have

Not at all, nothing to do with my credibility, which once again, proves to me - you are missing the point.

Well I hope the dossier is more accurate than that statement.

RM did not take over the club after JM was forced out.
RM was in control of the club and he appointed JM when MD took over the reins from VJ

JM was forced out by Wagman / Delancey as it was felt he was not controlling the budget strictly enough (amongst other things) and Delancey did not want RM/MD to keep going back to them for cash injections. At that stage RM did not delegate the task any more and took it over himself (primarily at the instigation of Delancey again)

Correct... all the while, with Ron sitting in his weird role as plain and simple "Director" - seemingly unwilling to take up the reins. We went about a year without a Chairman, and simply had Geoff King as Vice-Chairman - nominally our most senior exec director at the time.

What a fine advertisement that was for our club!!

:thump:

So, by acquiring that 50% - would he at any point been appointed within delancey? In other words, did he acquire the stake, through cash - or did Delancey say - Ron, work for us - and control the 50% stake...

J - from a corporate point of view, my understanding was that Ron was simply a co-shareholder with Delancey in SEL, but that Delancey's shareholding was separate from Ron's.

If you go onto Companies House, you are able to see the current and past directorships to which Ron has been appointed. That will give you a definitive answer as to whether or not Ron was ever on the Delancey board. I don't believe he was; however, I don't know for certain. You would get a definitive answer from Companies House.

Of interest may, however, be the fact that when John Main was ousted in 2000, Paul Fitz and I did not speak to Ron - because he was not the major player in SEL at that time. We spoke with Colin Wagman, deputy CEO of Delancey plc.

My understanding is that SEL was owned 75% by Delancey and 25% by Martin Dawn Ltd. SEL in turn owned 100% of Roots Hall Limited. Of course, Ron will have needed to acquire significant funding in order to buy out Delancey's investment - which he did a few years ago. This was financed by a loan.

How that loan is repaid - particularly given that, in answer to a question of mine, Ron said it was not being serviced - is a matter for concern and conjecture.

As for the "dossier", if you intend to publish any of its contents on here, please run it past a mod (any mod of your choosing) before doing so. SZ.com is firmly neutral when it comes to Ron Martin; however, we are firmly opposed to being sued!

Thanks,

Matt

Back