• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News Ron Martin and SUFC Confidence vote

Can I just ask what are you hoping to achieve from this? We may not have confidence in him but ultimately he owns the club so can do what he wants. I don’t believe the fans have any say so as to what happens with him so it just seems the trust and save our southend are trying to look like they are doing after their exceptionally poor record of trying to hold Ron to account over the past 3-4 years. Seems like you are trying to save face before fans turn on the trust too for not doing what they should rather than moaning about programmes etc.

What is the purpose of this vote?

Is it simply to show Ron that the majority of supporters have no confidence with how he is running the club or is there more to this?

What does this do that chanting during games, protesting, and any potential boycott does not do?

Not saying this is the right or wrong thing to do, but just some questions that I'm sure many of us have.

Ron ive been supporting blues longer than you ...jog on pal..you saved the club from the good times!

Some truly bone-headed comments on here.

We are well aware that a "vote of no confidence" alone does not have the power to materially change anything. We are also well aware that it is really only symbolic. But we have a chairman who a) has benefitted greatly and got an easy ride from a split fanbase which couldn't agree on approach, and who b) is a narcissist who is sensitive to any and all criticism.

If this vote goes the way that many of us believe it will, then it will represent a HUGE show of fanbase unity and put an actual figure/percentage on how many of us actually want him out. These things have to start somewhere, and this is a start. Who knows where it could go, but it provides a potential springboard to much wider publicity and possibly to getting backing from directors and sponsors. This will crank up the pressure, I have no doubt about that.

Last edited:
Some truly bone-headed comments on here.

We are well aware that a "vote of no confidence" alone does not have the power to materially change anything. We are also well aware that it is really only symbolic. But we have a chairman who a) has benefitted greatly and got an easy ride from a split fanbase which couldn't agree on approach, and who b) is a narcissist who is sensitive to any and all criticism.

If this vote goes the way that many of us believe it will, then it will represent a HUGE show of fanbase unity and put an actual figure/percentage on how many of us actually want him out. These things have to start somewhere, and this is a start. Who knows where it could go, but it provides a potential springboard to much wider publicity and possibly to getting backing from directors and sponsors. This will crank up the pressure, I have no doubt about that.
Point a - the players are getting an easy ride ans their performances have been ****.
Point b - if as you say he is a narcissist who is insensitive (I think this is what you meant to say) to any and all criticism then do you really think he is gonna be bothered knowing how many fans don’t like him. I also don’t think he needs a figure after Saturday afternoon as I’m pretty sure he already knows he is hated by most.

In regards to your bone headed comment - people who think getting a figure of the size of the fan base hating him changing anything are the only bone headed people here.

Will the zoom meeting on thursday still happen?
As there will be a no show from Ron! will there be a plan on the next steps before saturdays game having picked up 3 points on tuesday (if theres a God)?

Ron's been 'running the club for 20 years, and of course, in the good times, no one questioned closely his fiscal and operational dealings.
Now, we're headed for Conference South, we want him run out of town on a rail!

What interests me is the history.

At what point did our finances start to become parlous?
The council's refusals?
The Sainsbury's plan's demise?
Will he appear in the Pandora revelations having helped himself to his own investment, lol? Etc, etc

Don't get me wrong.
His choice of managers has been mostly crap, or loaded.
Out of 14, three have enjoyed a measure of success.

CP was handed a poisoned chalice and was totally the wrong man at the time to take over.
Ron's advisors, like 'Arry, have drip fed him more crap.

Yes, he no longer seems to run the club successfully, and yes, I'll vote I want him to stop running the club. And yes, I expect it to be ceremonial.
I only hope he smiles smugly in secret when he sees the result, or else someone is eventually going to put him in hospital.

Point a - the players are getting an easy ride ans their performances have been ****.
Point b - if as you say he is a narcissist who is insensitive (I think this is what you meant to say) to any and all criticism then do you really think he is gonna be bothered knowing how many fans don’t like him. I also don’t think he needs a figure after Saturday afternoon as I’m pretty sure he already knows he is hated by most.

In regards to your bone headed comment - people who think getting a figure of the size of the fan base hating him changing anything are the only bone headed people here.
It’s not about hating him, it’s about having no confidence in his ability to run the football club.

No, I meant exactly what I said. He is sensitive to criticism. Why did he come down into the away end yesterday if he's "insensitive" to it?

On your last point - whatever. Some people are trying to do something. If you don't like it then don't comment on it!

It’s not about hating him, it’s about having no confidence in his ability to run the football club.
Ok but no one can answer what the point of this vote is? What is going to happen with the result? If I was wrong I’d see it, smile to myself and bin it and move on. Until there is a proper plan ie people vocally confirming they want to buy the club etc there is no point in trying to force him out as it’s just a waste of time. People saying they don’t want fossetts - well heads up if we don’t get fossetts we won’t have a stadium soon as let’s be honest roots hall don’t have long left. People saying Ron out - accept it won’t happen until fossetts is done. Why not focus more attention on the pile of sh*t that steps on to the pitch each game too?

Get a realistic plan, advise fans of the plan and move forward with it. Stop with the pointless vote that won’t change anything.

Yo
No, I meant exactly what I said. He is sensitive to criticism. Why did he come down into the away end yesterday if he's "insensitive" to it?

On your last point - whatever. Some people are trying to do something. If you don't like it then don't comment on it!
You actually think he is bothered about it? He has lived with it for years. Just another day for him.

What is the point of it though and what are you hoping to get from it?

Ok but no one can answer what the point of this vote is? What is going to happen with the result? If I was wrong I’d see it, smile to myself and bin it and move on. Until there is a proper plan ie people vocally confirming they want to buy the club etc there is no point in trying to force him out as it’s just a waste of time. People saying they don’t want fossetts - well heads up if we don’t get fossetts we won’t have a stadium soon as let’s be honest roots hall don’t have long left. People saying Ron out - accept it won’t happen until fossetts is done. Why not focus more attention on the pile of sh*t that steps on to the pitch each game too?

Get a realistic plan, advise fans of the plan and move forward with it. Stop with the pointless vote that won’t change anything.
I don't agree. The Trust have have always wanted to help the club, but if the consensus of the majority of fans is to request that he steps aside it could be a huge turning point. Did you notice when SOS upped the anti, he all of a sudden agreed to the Zoom calls ? Did you niiotice, when the supporters were chanting at him on Sat, he decided to confront supporters ? Looks to me like he needs the supporters on his side to get his shiny new stadium...and without our support, he's going to find it difficult to carry out.

Yo

You actually think he is bothered about it? He has lived with it for years. Just another day for him.

What is the point of it though and what are you hoping to get from it?
I've told you what we are hoping to gain. A strong and united voice from the fanbase, and to use it as the foundation of an attempt to convince him to move on ASAP, new stadium or no new stadium. We're up against it, but at least we're trying something other than be faceless keyboard warriors.

by the way, it's a big fat "NO" from me. I have no objection with the CEO mind, just not the present owner.

I think you will find the stadium will get agreed based on the housing not the support of the fans with the stage it is now at.
I don't agree. The Trust have have always wanted to help the club, but if the consensus of the majority of fans is to request that he steps aside it could be a huge turning point. Did you notice when SOS upped the anti, he all of a sudden agreed to the Zoom calls ? Did you niiotice, when the supporters were chanting at him on Sat, he decided to confront supporters ? Looks to me like he needs the supporters on his side to get his shiny new stadium...and without our support, he's going to find it difficult to carry out.

I've told you what we are hoping to gain. A strong and united voice from the fanbase, and to use it as the foundation of an attempt to convince him to move on ASAP, new stadium or no new stadium. We're up against it, but at least we're trying something other than be faceless keyboard warriors.
Doing this online is being keyboard warriors. If you want to make a stand stop going to the games like Blackpool fans did for example. At the moment people are still lining his pockets with season ticket money and having 5000-6000 turning up each week.

Doing this online is being keyboard warriors. If you want to make a stand stop going to the games like Blackpool fans did for example. At the moment people are still lining his pockets with season ticket money and having 5000-6000 turning up each week.
But they've already paid the season ticket money. The pockets are already lined. Why not show up and show him how you feel ?

Back