• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is that Ron Martin will mess people about to such a degree that the offers will be withdrawn one by one until all have gone. Then where does that leave us and the club?

Could such a scenario happen? You bet your last penny it could, with such an unreliable character holding the reins.
My concern too. It would screw him over though as the club would go bust and his ££££ in jeopardy.

Ron is thinking why didn't I have the idea of a documentary, If I start one, I have all the stars, and I could get money up front from the film companies/netflix probably get Harry and Megan on board, pay off the £250k to HMRC and I'm back in business

Quite honestly i expect everyone knows including players and staff that they are not going to get paid. Unless of course the sale goes through .
Is this a fact? I know Ron is putting the bare minimal in, but he's paid the players thus far (late admittedly). They are part of the sale of the club because they play for the club. Surely he has to keep them sweet to broker the deal as they are integral to the deal too. Here's hoping anyway.

* didn’t.
My concern is that Ron Martin will mess people about to such a degree that the offers will be withdrawn one by one until all have gone. Then where does that leave us and the club?

Could such a scenario happen? You bet your last penny it could, with such an unreliable character holding the reins.
he’s already given evidence to the judge that he can pay the £250K out of his own pocket (so to speak). Does he really want to do that again when he has serious bidders? Why pay your own money when someone else can pay? He’d be mad to mess this up

I think this is everyone's concern. Even when there's a simple logical solution to choose in the past I've seen him go against just to feel like he has made the decision rather than being influenced. He's a control freak.

* didn’t.

he’s already given evidence to the judge that he can pay the £250K out of his own pocket (so to speak). Does he really want to do that again when he has serious bidders? Why pay your own money when someone else can pay? He’d be mad to mess this up
I agree. but Ron Martin lives in a world of his own. It appears to me that common sense is way down on his attributes. He thinks he can take the process to the last minute or second but will he come unstruck this time. I certainly hope this is not the case.

Exactly. It keeps us in the news and it also keeps the pressure up on Ron, hence the hastily pushed out few sentences yesterday. As fans we need to keep pressure on, in any way we can. Even if just sharing a news article online. We must not rest until a sale is completed.
This is it. The fans have done great work. Those who have gone on podcasts or radio call-ins, withheld 2023/24 season ticket money, been interviewed by national and local media, those who have marched through the streets of Southend, who have turned up at court hearings, who have protested outside his house, who have chanted "Martin Out" at matches and those who have spoken about it or shared stuff on on social media and spread awareness that way.

Loads of you have done your bit. He might no sell it, but it gets to him more these days and his family don't like it either. The negative publicity, etc. I can assure you it's working.

So keep it up. Keep turning the screw and tightening the vice grip until he's gone.

Last edited:
This is it. The fans have done great work. Those who have gone on podcasts or radio call-ins, withheld 2023/24 season ticket money, been interviewed by national and local media, those who have marched through the streets of Southend, who have turned up at court hearings, who have protested outside his house, who have chanted "Martin Out" at matches and those who have spoken about it or shared stuff on on social media and spread awareness that way.

Loads of you have done your bit. He might no sell it, but it gets to him more these days and his family don't like it either. The negative publicity, etc. I can assure you it's working.

So keep it up. Keep turning the screw and tightening the vice grip until he's gone.
But but but but nobody else would want to buy the club would they lol

I think this is everyone's concern. Even when there's a simple logical solution to choose in the past I've seen him go against just to feel like he has made the decision rather than being influenced. He's a control freak.
We have to hope that he will listen to the advice of others, perhaps his son and the rest of his family.

Through my day job. I have just seen a piece of content, filmed by a supplier to my company featuring RW starting to document the process they’re going through and the involvement of Integral Sports Management. I would suggest it’s worth keeping an eye on ISM social accounts over coming days.
on their official twitter feed latest tweet is a re-tweet of an interview RW did yesterday on women’s football

He wouldnt lose the land at Fossets would he? Thats not an asset of the club from what I have seen. Thats where his cash is i would think.

Like pretty much everyone just want him gone
No. But his planning permission is tied to the stadium. I’m sure the land will get more planning permission in time, but ron is 25 years older now than when he started this. He will end up getting a windfall payout after he’s gone

No. But his planning permission is tied to the stadium. I’m sure the land will get more planning permission in time, but ron is 25 years older now than when he started this. He will end up getting a windfall payout after he’s gone
I agree, but i am doubtful that it would be delayed as the council have a quota of new houses to build so reckon that will be signed off and that it just helped the stadium get signed off.

Through my day job. I have just seen a piece of content, filmed by a supplier to my company featuring RW starting to document the process they’re going through and the involvement of Integral Sports Management. I would suggest it’s worth keeping an eye on ISM social accounts over coming days.

Are you suggesting as in Winstone talking about the process of buying us?

But but but but nobody else would want to buy the club would they lol

This absolutely. How many people had been saying that nobody would be interested in the club etc. Really used to annoy me when people said this.

It was never available before. You can't buy what's not for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back