• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if Dwayne Johnson is only going to involved in the documentary or if his company are one of three interested in the club bit confused

Does anyone know if Dwayne Johnson is only going to involved in the documentary or if his company are one of three interested in the club bit confused

If you strip away the clickbait, as far as actual information goes we know that one of the interested parties (the one associated with Ray Winstone) have approached a production company (the one owned by Dwayne Johnson) to produce a documentary for them.

Assuming he is being low balled. He could of course have received an offer at or even a little over his asking price.
If that were to be the case there’s a few things that could be happening;

1) Ron is hoping the other party miraculously change their tune and a competitive bidding situ ensues
2) Ron doesn’t like the specific terms of the deal put forwards
3) The deal has been accepted or will be this week and is moving forwards at pace

If it were option 2, what might be the terms that are the issue? I wonder if it’s that the consortium are willing to pay Ron his money but want him to have less say so in what they do with the club after, eg they want control of stadium design plans.

All speculation and no inside knowledge on my part.

FWIW to me the statement, reading between the lines, wasn’t inconsistent with what we believe to be the situation- the purpose was I think mainly to dampen expectation on timing. A head of steam was building up to suggest it was imminent and I’m guessing the buyer wants to close quickly but Ron wants more time. Maybe to extract a bit more out of the deal, or just Ron bring Ron. So, none of which would be a surprise…

I
If that were to be the case there’s a few things that could be happening;

1) Ron is hoping the other party miraculously change their tune and a competitive bidding situ ensues
2) Ron doesn’t like the specific terms of the deal put forwards
3) The deal has been accepted or will be this week and is moving forwards at pace

If it were option 2, what might be the terms that are the issue? I wonder if it’s that the consortium are willing to pay Ron his money but want him to have less say so in what they do with the club after, eg they want control of stadium design plans.

All speculation and no inside knowledge on my part.
Let Ron make his money out of the flats and let the consortium have complete control of everything football related. NO LEGO BLOCK ON TOP OF THE MAIN STAND.

I think someone asked relatively recently if we could hold major events in the new stadium other than football matches. Trawling through some of the plans, I found that planning permission allows for a maximum of three such events to take place per year. I think I’m getting a little bit ahead of myself but a huge opening ceremony beckons.5C14DA31-1666-451A-B7E2-5EA02B3A5EBA.jpeg

Must admit that I'm still slightly confused by The Rock's production company's potential involvement in a documentary if he himself is not set to be an investor.

A brief look at the TV and films released by the production company show his direct involvement (and usually star role) in the vast, vast majority of what is released. It's clear that the production company has been set up in part to allow Johnson more control of his own career opportunities and he seems to be very hands on. Also, it's clear that the company only seems to produce absolute blockbusters, earning 100s of millions even if poorly reviewed so would clearly be aiming for a global market.

Although I must admit I enjoyed watching the Welcome to Wrexham documentary, it only works because of Rob & Ryan, I'm not sure how interesting it would have been without their involvement. Although I know I (and probably the majority of Shrimpers) would be interested in a film/show about the Blues, I'm certainly not sure that a documentary based on a asset management firm, even with a potential small background role for Ray Winstone, taking us over would grab the attention of the American/global audience unless The Rock had further involvement. Even if we end up turning into a fairly stable League One club, I don't think it would make for that interesting a documentary necessarily. Although we may be slightly biased, there are better stories out there than that, take Luton for example.

Just to be absolutely clear, not at all trying to discredit CP as I am a huge admirer of the work he does and I'm fully confident that the story is correct. Just trying to figure out if I've missed something that would make The Rock's involvement more lucrative for him or if people think his involvement in the club could grow.

Was also wondering if, although it's been said that The Rock isn't part of the investment group, he could be channelling funds through Kimura rather than as a separate company? They clearly deal with high net worth individuals and it would make sense to invest through a local company that deals in sports management and in particular, has people like Peter Taylor in the football department, if The Rock himself doesn't have enough football knowledge to make decisions himself. I don't work in this field so very happy to be told that that is completely wrong and fantasy.

TLDR; Why is The Rock's production company potentially getting involved with us if he himself isn't investing?

PS. If The Rock is in fact reading this as suggested in previous posts, ignore everything I've said and please make the documentary, it'll be great. (And please invest).

Stockport playing in the League 2 Play Off Final today should give whoever takes over a real indication of what could be done if a successful season can be had in the NL.
That along with Notts & Wrexham being favourites to go up again next season only highlights the bottleneck of relegation in L2, far too many clubs that deserve to get relegated circle the drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back