• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't surprise me if it gets bogged down around the flats built in to the stadium. I'm guessing Ron really wants them there, whereas the new guys preferred the original plan (obviously, don't we all..) with the higher capacity and hotel. Ron makes more dosh from the flats, so could well be saying if there's no flats, you've got to pay me what I'd have earned from them, which would amount to a few £M I'm sure..
All very complicated and I would guess will, or already has, delayed the deal being finalised. As posted by @BluBayou above, Ron doesn't have approval for the additional flats and by all accounts that is because the Council are waiting on documentation from him. This was never going to be straightforward but we have to hope that both sides want it done asap.

Lets be real, this process was always going to be long. The fact that a large portion of you got all excited and thought it would be done last week, is so impressively deluded, you've managed to stress alot of fans out in to thinking it's going to full through.
Even with the glimmer of a hope for better times, this is a very stressful period. After the years of utter misery that has been inflicted on us all, I fully understand people wanting to rejoice and be full of optimism, but lets not lose sight of who we are dealing with here.
We all know what he's like !! There is still plenty of scope for the whole thing to go horribly sour, and with him involved, I would still say that prospect has the biggest chance of being the outcome. All this conjecture does'nt help a bit, with all sorts of wild guestimates going on.
Being generally pessimistic can often provide lots of nice surprises in life....whereas being optimistic can lead to a lot of disappointments. In the case of Mr Martin, I lean toward the former.

I can't feel good about any of this until he is totally gone..100 %..........I hope he proves me wrong, and does a deal that leaves the memory of his legacy with a little bit of credit and something positive for once.

Even with the glimmer of a hope for better times, this is a very stressful period. After the years of utter misery that has been inflicted on us all, I fully understand people wanting to rejoice and be full of optimism, but lets not lose sight of who we are dealing with here.
We all know what he's like !! There is still plenty of scope for the whole thing to go horribly sour, and with him involved, I would still say that prospect has the biggest chance of being the outcome. All this conjecture does'nt help a bit, with all sorts of wild guestimates going on.
Being generally pessimistic can often provide lots of nice surprises in life....whereas being optimistic can lead to a lot of disappointments. In the case of Mr Martin, I lean toward the former.

I can't feel good about any of this until he is totally gone..100 %..........I hope he proves me wrong, and does a deal that leaves the memory of his legacy with a little bit of credit and something positive for once.
I’m with you. Given that folk like CP and Matt Slater are not making any negative noise at the moment though… we need to not panic. The trouble is the euphoria is too high with good news, then a period of quiet results in negative thoughts. The good news is progress… but as you say, Ron is Ron

The rumour going round their another interested party wanting to buy Southend..... wouldn't surprise me if Ron trying to create some sort of bidding war to max out what he can get out of selling the club. Can see this saga continuing to rumble on which isn't great for us fans.

I should imagine the due diligence must be a nightmare and has to be checked, checked and re-checked. The club has been run appallingly and the chance of some nasties tucked away out of sight must be a real concern for Kimura.

If you are local lads, surely you know the club is run like **** by a man who has lied for years.

They would have considered the amount of **** this whole saga would take at length before even deciding to put a few days of effort into preparing a takeover bid...

The rumour going round their another interested party wanting to buy Southend..... wouldn't surprise me if Ron trying to create some sort of bidding war to max out what he can get out of selling the club. Can see this saga continuing to rumble on which isn't great for us fans.
There is another interested party not as far down the road as Kimura, but equally as ambitious. Allegedly.

I have no first hand info, nor do I know the square root of **** all about them. They are there though, but more under the radar than Kimura.

There is, and as @Smiffy says, they also have ambitious plans. Seems they're not interested enough to make a firm offer yet though, from what I understand. This would put them behind Kimura in the horse race.

There is another interested party not as far down the road as Kimura, but equally as ambitious. Allegedly.

I have no first hand info, nor do I know the square root of **** all about them. They are there though, but more under the radar than Kimura.
Please nooooooo! This would be so much easier and quicker if there was only one interested party. Two makes it much easier for Ronald to **** up.

This ain’t getting done this week. Guarantee this will just keep dragging on

There is, and as @Smiffy says, they also have ambitious plans. Seems they're not interested enough to make a firm offer yet though, from what I understand. This would put them behind Kimura in the horse race.
Any idea what this means for the Kimura deal, do they have exclusivity for a period to give them time to close it?

Convenient rumour of interest to put heat on them rushing due diligence?

Interesting stuff...... lets just hope 1 of those parties stay interested enough to buy the club! Ron will try and max out as much as possible out this sale which could potentially destroy any potential takeover...... can see our situation continue to rumble on which will test the patience of fans and players/management team.

Interesting stuff...... lets just hope 1 of those parties stay interested enough to buy the club! Ron will try and max out as much as possible out this sale which could potentially destroy any potential takeover...... can see our situation continue to rumble on which will test the patience of fans and players/management team.
I'm not gonna lie, I don't think he's in a position to destroy a potential takeover. He cannot afford to fund the club any more, at any level. And even if he could, I don't think he or his family would want to. I'm sure he'll try to squeeze as much out of it as possible which might make it drag on a little, but I think that will always stop short of collapsing anything.

We're very close now. The biggest issue is surrounding the club someone will inherit. You HAVE to hope these guys have done their due diligence and/or have the funds to inject for us to survive if Ron has truly gutted the club.

Steve Dale but Bury up for sale within 6 months of taking over from Stewart Day in Dec 2018 as was quoted on the financial situation "turned out to be far in excess of what we could have comprehended" when buying.

I think Ron wants to sell and I think we'll see something soon (it's in the buyers interest to conclude a deal quickly to increase our chances of promotion) but the true nature of the situation that Ron has kept hidden for so many years may still yet reveal itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back