• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea what this means for the Kimura deal, do they have exclusivity for a period to give them time to close it?

Convenient rumour of interest to put heat on them rushing due diligence?
I believe so, but it's probably not indefinite. I did think it was a play by Ron to create some fantasy competition when I first heard it, but I now think it's real.

Period of exclusivity to close a deal can't begin until a price has been agreed. Kimura has had one agreed, hence they have a period to close a deal. The other group haven't even made a firm offer AFAIK, so by that measurement they are behind.

Feels like this takeover is never gonna happen. It appears the National League gave Ron a total reprieve until the 12th July and we all know what he is likely to do with that.

No doubt he is ****ing about trying to push the biggest price he can get for the club he's neglected and ruined.

Feels like this takeover is never gonna happen. It appears the National League gave Ron a total reprieve until the 12th July and we all know what he is likely to do with that.

No doubt he is ****ing about trying to push the biggest price he can get for the club he's neglected and ruined.

Respectfully, when selling anything, you try and get the best price you can.

I think a lot of people thought that you could buy and sell a football club in days.

Just because the first we hear of say Wigan being taken over is the announcement that its happened on Sky Sports news, doesn't mean that there hasn't been weeks or months of negotiations and talks in the background.

There's a football club, A new development including housing and a ground and significant financial complexities to negotiate and agree the plan for moving forward.

All the noises so far have been really positive.

I know it feels like its perpetually Christmas eve, but we just need to be patient.

I think a lot of people thought that you could buy and sell a football club in days.

Just because the first we hear of say Wigan being taken over is the announcement that its happened on Sky Sports news, doesn't mean that there hasn't been weeks or months of negotiations and talks in the background.

There's a football club, A new development including housing and a ground and significant financial complexities to negotiate and agree the plan for moving forward.

I know it feels like its perpetually Christmas eve, but we just need to be patient.
Sadly I like many won't ever trust Ron Martin. He lies and cheats his way .Until the sale is complet I will never set foot into roots Hall again until he has gone .And I doubt I will be the only one .

Totally understand and agree. However I, like many, just hope he doesn't use this newfound wiggle room to move the goalpoasts and take the p*ss with Kimura. He has form

Sadly I like many won't ever trust Ron Martin. He lies and cheats his way .Until the sale is complet I will never set foot into roots Hall again until he has gone .And I doubt I will be the only one .

Well, by the looks of it, he'll be gone before our next home game so you wont be missing much.

Totally understand and agree. However I, like many, just hope he doesn't use this newfound wiggle room to move the goalpoasts and take the p*ss with Kimura. He has form

With you of course, Thing is, he has to sell now. Hes run out of road. I get the scepticism I really do, but he's done, and without doing a deal now, he genuinely risks losing the lot.

I know you haven't said it, but others have and I'll whisper this:

He can ask for as much money as he likes. He is allowed to as majority owner. Just like we all do when selling a house. a car or even something on ebay. There's plenty to knock Ron for. But getting the best deal on the way out? Actually astute of him.

I continue to hear positive noises regarding ongoing discussions. I'm also led to believe that the other group, whilst credible on paper, haven't submitted a proposal anywhere near as firm/detailed as Kimura (though it makes sense for Ron to continue engagement with them in the spirit of competition and as a failsafe).

It's not unusual for information to ebb and flow into the public domain amidst a relatively complex negotiation. I understand the natural scepticism regarding anything Ron-related as I share them too, but keep the faith. Better to do this right, all eyes open, no skeletons in the closet...

I might get a bit emotional when this thread reaches 300 pages. Bit like when we took over 30,000 to Wembley.

I reckon next week is the likely one now. Can't see it happening this week now but both sides want the deal to go through sooner, rather than later. If it goes on longer than next week then it is time to be concerned

I have heard that there is a complete blackout of news being supplied to anyone outside the immediate negotiations and that is from my work colleague who is VERY close to the interested parties. That may be a good sign as the fine details are discussed, but also hearing that Ron is after a 'kings ransom' for his part of the deal.

That does not mean that things are not progressing, indeed 'no news is good news'. I am 100% certain that if there is bad news then I will be told pretty promptly.

Like all on here, keep the faith and keep fingers crossed.

I reckon next week is the likely one now. Can't see it happening this week now but both sides want the deal to go through sooner, rather than later. If it goes on longer than next week then it is time to be concerned
I'm not ruling out this week but wouldn't be at all surprised if it stretched into next week. Classic fence sitting, but everyone involved wants it done ASAP. Doesn't mean it'll be possible though.

I have heard that there is a complete blackout of news being supplied to anyone outside the immediate negotiations and that is from my work colleague who is VERY close to the interested parties. That may be a good sign as the fine details are discussed, but also hearing that Ron is after a 'kings ransom' for his part of the deal.

That does not mean that things are not progressing, indeed 'no news is good news'. I am 100% certain that if there is bad news then I will be told pretty promptly.

Like all on here, keep the faith and keep fingers crossed.
Yep, that is the only line that I have heard in the last few days. That things are progressing and not to worry. Otherwise, it has gone much quieter but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

See the NL fixtures are due to be released next week on the 15th.Wonder what our chances of being allowed to complete them are?

Fixtures released on the 15th are the Premier League. Our chances of being allowed to compete aren't great.

The EFL, despite starting a week earlier than the Premier League, come out a week later.

Not sure the NL has announced a date yet but wouldn't bet against it being 5th July.

I appreciate most on here probably haven’t been involved with buying a company, but I suspect most on here have either bought a house/flat or know someone who has bought a house/flat.

If your mate had an offer accepted on a (chain free) place on Thursday would you really expect them to have exchanged by now?

Because buying a company with physical premises is a bit like buying a house, only more complicated.

We’ve got until July 14th to conclude a deal and even that can probably be extended. Of course everyone wants the deal to be done sooner. The buyers can’t wait to move in and are measuring up for curtains - they want it done yesterday and the sellers can’t wait to be shot of it and also want it done yesterday as the longer they keep it the more bills they have. But it takes time to ensure everything is done properly so that the buyers are buying what they think they are buying and don’t end up with any nasty surprises. Even if the buyers don’t care and just want it done their lenders will want to ensure that the money they are lending isnt going straight down the plug hole. So all the paperwork needs to be checked, surveys need to be carried out and so forth. This is all perfectly normal but it takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back