• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose that the concerns of many are that, given his past form, we are all acutely aware that if things can be ****ed up at the last minute, Ron "Mr Hubris" Martin is the man for the job.
Indeed, im calmly optomisitic, but i wont believe it until rm is out the door.

He's precisely the person youd hire if you wanted to ruin something.

People itk do you reckon more chance of early next week then. Instead of being later this week unless there is a slim chance of later this week for completion.

I can understand people being worried about the news of a new bidder and RM stalling etc but for all we know they might be bigger and better for the club than the current bidders and that's why they are trying to rush the sale through.

I got a feeling he does not want to sell to the kumra something dont feel right, and he wants the second bidder, this needs sorting by 30th june as players contracts are up then, and we will lose our players.

When Ron dont like something or someone he wont do it we all know he will muck this up.

We will need to just consolidate next year and smash it the year after, we are not going to be a wrexham,

It's tiresome that every day this thread is filled with baseless fears from people, despite constant reassurances from those ITK that things are progressing.

I know it's a discussion forum but I wish there was an easy way to cut out the pages of paranoid crap and just find the useful updates.

(And yes, I have just added another non-useful post to this thread)

I got a feeling he does not want to sell to the kumra something dont feel right, and he wants the second bidder, this needs sorting by 30th june as players contracts are up then, and we will lose our players.

Legit question. Based on what? Everything I have seen suggests its them and them alone.

Is it because he's mentioned other bidders?

You realise that's probably posturing?

Like if someone comes round to view my car, I'll tell them there's lots of interest. Even its just been sat on the drive for 3 months.

When Ron dont like something or someone he wont do it we all know he will muck this up.

We will need to just consolidate next year and smash it the year after, we are not going to be a wrexham,
Thankfully, Ron isn't in a position to be picky

Respectfully, when selling anything, you try and get the best price you can.

I think a lot of people thought that you could buy and sell a football club in days.

Just because the first we hear of say Wigan being taken over is the announcement that its happened on Sky Sports news, doesn't mean that there hasn't been weeks or months of negotiations and talks in the background.

There's a football club, A new development including housing and a ground and significant financial complexities to negotiate and agree the plan for moving forward.

All the noises so far have been really positive.

I know it feels like its perpetually Christmas eve, but we just need to be patient.
Of course you go for the best price.

Simply running out of patience personally, I wanted Ron gone after the debacle of the 2018-19 season, let alone now.

I'd rather our club wasn't sat on a knife-edge any longer than it needs to be.

My only hope comes from knowing Ron will do whatever he needs for self-preservation and selling the club is key in achieving that goal.

Reactions: GNH
I have heard that there is a complete blackout of news being supplied to anyone outside the immediate negotiations and that is from my work colleague who is VERY close to the interested parties. That may be a good sign as the fine details are discussed, but also hearing that Ron is after a 'kings ransom' for his part of the deal.

That does not mean that things are not progressing, indeed 'no news is good news'. I am 100% certain that if there is bad news then I will be told pretty promptly.

Like all on here, keep the faith and keep fingers crossed.
I totally get that stance. Makes sense.

Do we think that the players/staff have been given something more concrete to convince them to stick around/wait to be signed. Surely the information we've all speculated and the faint public rumblings from the club aren't enough to make them stick around. Look at the justified feelings on here regarding Ron and this deal and we aren't in the position of the players and staff. Plenty haven't renewed their ST's because people don't trust Ron, so why on earth would a player? Those players are relying on their living to be provided from said person and I wouldn't be trusting what he says. They must have been told something more than we are privy to. I really hope so anyway.

I get the worry, I really do. We are well trained to assume the worst where Ron Martin is involved. Personally I remain confident this will be wrapped up in days, not weeks (teehee). There is certainly the will for that on both sides. This side of the weekend even remains possible. It is a complicated deal though, especially regarding the legals, contracts and structure of a deal over an unbuilt stadium, so the potential for bumps in the road popping up suddenly and delaying things slightly is always there.

Last edited:
Sadly I like many won't ever trust Ron Martin. He lies and cheats his way .Until the sale is complet I will never set foot into roots Hall again until he has gone .And I doubt I will be the only one .
Yep same here, won’t buy a season ticket till Ron’s gone.!! The bloke is a crook.! #martinout

Once the takeover goes through I’m sure this place is going to be empty, as it seems a lot of people solely post negative thoughts for the sake of it.
Oh, I doubt the 'empty' bit very much. Zone members have degrees in everything and another hot topic or two will be taxing those cerebral thoroughbreds who will be posting away like gooduns! Negative thoughts go with the Zone.

I appreciate most on here probably haven’t been involved with buying a company, but I suspect most on here have either bought a house/flat or know someone who has bought a house/flat.

If your mate had an offer accepted on a (chain free) place on Thursday would you really expect them to have exchanged by now?

Because buying a company with physical premises is a bit like buying a house, only more complicated.

We’ve got until July 14th to conclude a deal and even that can probably be extended. Of course everyone wants the deal to be done sooner. The buyers can’t wait to move in and are measuring up for curtains - they want it done yesterday and the sellers can’t wait to be shot of it and also want it done yesterday as the longer they keep it the more bills they have. But it takes time to ensure everything is done properly so that the buyers are buying what they think they are buying and don’t end up with any nasty surprises. Even if the buyers don’t care and just want it done their lenders will want to ensure that the money they are lending isnt going straight down the plug hole. So all the paperwork needs to be checked, surveys need to be carried out and so forth. This is all perfectly normal but it takes time.
Don’t disagree but a key difference is that businesses buy and sell all the time, where as the general public might only complete one or two house sales/purchases in their lifetime. A business transaction might be incredible complex but you typically have competent and experienced business people* arranging it, avoiding the frustrating and minor things that can jeopardise a house purchase.

*even Ron for all his faults knows how to seal a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back