• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember guys, last week, we was fews minutes from getting thrown out of NL, because of Ron. Now Ron Martin is not in strong position to keep delaying and fcuking things up. Apparently his family’s want him to get the deal done quickly and over with it.
I get the anti-Ron sentiment, I really do. And I understand the natural scepticism that greets his every move, but when was the last time you bought or sold a football club with a huge future construction project alongside?

Who is to say that there's a delay and how can anyone be blamed when there's no concrete recent update in the public domain? You can't influence this process unless you have a boatload of cash and fancy submitting a bid for it all yourself, so try and relax.

Legit question. Based on what? Everything I have seen suggests its them and them alone.

Is it because he's mentioned other bidders?

You realise that's probably posturing?

Like if someone comes round to view my car, I'll tell them there's lots of interest. Even its just been sat on the drive for 3 months.
I wish a lot of posts started with

“I know xxxx all about this” then I could have ignored them a lot faster

I get the anti-Ron sentiment, I really do. And I understand the natural scepticism that greets his every move, but when was the last time you bought or sold a football club with a huge future construction project alongside?

Who is to say that there's a delay and how can anyone be blamed when there's no concrete recent update in the public domain? You can't influence this process unless you have a boatload of cash and fancy submitting a bid for it all yourself, so try and relax.
I agree when I sold our house it was sold subject to contracts The legal side went back and forth between our solicitors and the buyers .So although a small fry in the terms of buying a football club but the aggro is still the same .

I sold a SME limited company a while ago, which was quite a straight forward process, but that took approx 4/5 months approx.
So imo, I am. Quite pleased to see this sale going through relatively quickly, epically with the new and old stadiums to sort out and possible new housing.

By the end of the week would be fantastic for us all.

Half of them kid themselves its only Ron they hate but sadly they will quickly find others to target......Tom, Stan, Kev by the end of September and the new owners by Christmas.....With large slices of "We would never be here in the first place if it wasn't for Ron."
As opposed to you who always seems find someone else to blame other than Ron. Perhaps your are the Ying to their Yang.

Still maybe you’ll soon be celebrating over a glass or two when Ron gets his windfall eh!

I wish a lot of posts started with

“I know xxxx all about this” then I could have ignored them a lot faster

Not sure if thats aimed at me or the post I was quoting. If it was me, Apologies. Happy to admit I am no expert in pretty much anything!

If i've got something wrong, I am more than happy to hold my hands up.

So yeah, apologies if anything I said was wrong.

I have booze ready for an announcement the deal has gone through, and popcorn in case it doesn't.
Yep, I do not not live in the Southend area.

But if we are told on friday the club has been sold,

Then I am jumping on the train and making my way down to the SUFC carpark with lots of beer in my hand to celebrate the new owners being at SUFC.

Not sure if thats aimed at me or the post I was quoting. If it was me, Apologies. Happy to admit I am no expert in pretty much anything!

If i've got something wrong, I am more than happy to hold my hands up.

So yeah, apologies if anything I said was wrong.
Hi pale blue, not at all , in fact it was agreeing with the first line of your post. “ based on what”

The below also apply to a lot of posts on this thread

We are all entitled to opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts

Opinions are like arseholes… ( you know the rest)

I'm hoping for an announcement this week as it would clear away all of our anxiety but I think that's extremely optimistic. Not to be Billy Big Bollocks but I've worked in the Corporate Finance team in a Big 4 Accounting Firm doing due diligence work and it is hideously laborious and takes time. That said, I'm not sure the parties involved would have the financial clout to hire a top-flight firm for this and so it may take even longer.

In short, try not to worry - Ron needs to sell and he will, but it will take time.

Let’s keep things on topic please folks, and that means takeover chatter rather than glorifying (even as a joke) hoolies and violence please.
I totally agree with getting back on topic (this thread is long enough as it is), however, if you think 'smashing the granny' out of someone is about hoolies and violence... well... 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back