• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

agreed shame not what Matt slater said at all last week wonder what’s changed
I don’t think anything has changed. It’s a little like selling a house but on a huge and far more difficult scale. Lots of searches, lots of agreements for different parts, lots of waiting for the legal bods to do their bits and pieces (don’t they always take forever at a pretty penny?) and most importantly ensuring whoever’s money (and probably a significant amount at that) is being spent on what was promised.

It’s not something that can be rushed or forced and if it were my money I’d be making sure no stone was left unturned. These things always take longer than anticipated or hoped. That’s just the way it is. Nothing to be unduly concerned about at this stage.

Who knows, maybe it will all be completed by the weekend, but my gut feel is it won’t. It’s coming though. Our day will come…

Would it though?

Jack Bridge has apparently agreed terms subject to the takeover. Others no doubt will be willing to do similar.

A budget will need to be submitted to the NL (and the courts?) so that should be in place to plan around. Plenty of deals around the country have been agreed in principle and not yet announced, including quite possibly a few of our own we don’t just know about yet. As far as we know none of our out of contract players have signed elsewhere, except maybe Hobson which sounds like a deal done months ago.

When are the players due in for pre-season?

Everyone who has been involved in buying/selling a company has said it will take longer.

There is a real wealth of knowledge on the board if you can weed through the dross. People who have been there and done that. They are worth listening to. Take for instance this post
Doesn't mean jack will hang on forever waiting does it

Last season we started well and from September could sign no one, we still managed to have a strong season. This year we may be starting late but the hope is once the takeover is complete we’ll never be under an embargo again so once we get going we should have the ability to strengthen for the rest of the season so although I want it done and dusted as soon as poss I also still believe that providing the right team take over we could have a good season and push for promotion.

I’m checking this thread every 10 mins day and night but I know in reality it’s likely to take longer. I just hope we don’t lose some of our players over it.

I'm new to Shrimperzone but understand you are one account that is "ITK", Please expand and put us out of our misery!
Unfortunately I am not directly ITK on this issue, I was just saying that when we all hopefully hear the good news then all the speculation will be so worth it.

I won’t find out anything until the same time as most on the site.

There are many far closer to source than I am, but I remain as hopeful and excited as all on here.

Couldn't be worse news that...
Seriously? Sounds like we need to play "Worst case scenario ".

Kimura have pulled out

Second bidder won't pay anywhere near what Kimura would have and withdraw

Tom Lawrence resigns

All out of contract players go elsewhere

Management team leave en masse to join Col U

Club thrown out of NL

Club wound up

Still think the original news couldn't be worse?

Gotta make the money somehow mate, have you seen the price of steak nowadays? 😂

In all seriousness will be football coaching, so I would at least get to celebrate with the few Shrimpers there. But I really want to be at RH if I can.
I was born in Albert Road just off York road.

I feel very positive about this takeover and also the fact that if we do lose some players because of the time frame ,Kev and Co JS, SVC will more than adequately replace them with like or better,, Question for those who may know a little about the takeover process, I f a deal is agreed upon by both parties as some have said it will still take awhile for the takeover to be completely finalised, can the buying party while waiting on the paper work to be completed pay off HMRC and all our debts to get us out of the Embargo,so that we are able to pursue some targets.

Would it though?

Jack Bridge has apparently agreed terms subject to the takeover. Others no doubt will be willing to do similar.

A budget will need to be submitted to the NL (and the courts?) so that should be in place to plan around. Plenty of deals around the country have been agreed in principle and not yet announced, including quite possibly a few of our own we don’t just know about yet. As far as we know none of our out of contract players have signed elsewhere, except maybe Hobson which sounds like a deal done months ago.

When are the players due in for pre-season?

Everyone who has been involved in buying/selling a company has said it will take longer.

There is a real wealth of knowledge on the board if you can weed through the dross. People who have been there and done that. They are worth listening to. Take for instance this post
Re Bridge, as CP’s tweet said players have agreed terms but deal needs to be done quickly now as he intimated in that tweet (without directly saying it) they will look for other clubs

I feel very positive about this takeover and also the fact that if we do lose some players because of the time frame ,Kev and Co JS, SVC will more than adequately replace them with like or better,, Question for those who may know a little about the takeover process, I f a deal is agreed upon by both parties as some have said it will still take awhile for the takeover to be completely finalised, can the buying party while waiting on the paper work to be completed pay off HMRC and all our debts to get us out of the Embargo,so that we are able to pursue some targets.

It's possible for anyone to put money in at anytime - as Pg site services and the trust have done. A prospective purchaser may see it as beneficial BUT it comes with high risk - what if the deal falls apart, how does the buyer get that money back?

Re Bridge, as CP’s tweet said players have agreed terms but deal needs to be done quickly now as he intimated in that tweet (without directly saying it) they will look for other clubs

If you read the tweet and take an alternative look at it. Hobson isn’t happy with the take over and will leave if it happens the others will stay. If the take over fails we’ll be left with Hobson and the others will leave 😂

If you read the tweet and take an alternative look at it. Hobson isn’t happy with the take over and will leave if it happens the others will stay. If the take over fails we’ll be left with Hobson and the others will leave 😂
Hobson is going either way as he is moving back ti his family, think he is going to Arrington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back