• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
The due diligence process is likely to be laborious. Knowing Ron, he hasn't been upfront about everything and it will be with lawyers now and I am sure there are plenty of questions that the buyers need answering.

I think both parties are likely keen to complete asap but unfortunately that is likely to be out of their control to a certain extent. Would expect it to rumble on for a few more days at least, if not weeks.

Anyone worried this deal could collapse if Ron changes the goalposts
Because it's Ron involved, that's the thing I worry about most.
If at the very last minute before commitment, he wants more or moves the posts or fails to do something agreed.
Hes got a bit of a sorry history of not doing what's agreed. I
Fingers crossed he behaves!

Seriously? Sounds like we need to play "Worst case scenario ".

Kimura have pulled out

Second bidder won't pay anywhere near what Kimura would have and withdraw

Tom Lawrence resigns

All out of contract players go elsewhere

Management team leave en masse to join Col U

Club thrown out of NL

Club wound up

Still think the original news couldn't be worse?
Now that sounds like the Southend that I know!

I’ll check in again, probably at page 300 or so :Think:
[unsubscribes from thread until Monday]….

also hearing that their is a strong second consortium involved. If so are they waiting in the wings to see what happens or are they a serious contender? If so this may rumble on for much longer. Got a feeling this may continue for a few weeks yet. My hope is that whatever is happening doesnt go beyond the end of June and also any targets are being kept informed of what is going on so that they have a clear idea of whether to hang on and sign for us or take another opportunity. If my info is incorrect im happy to be shot down but might explain why things havnt moved on a bit quicker than first hoped.

The longer it takes the more chance some of our players move on i guess. Is this something RM wold do, delay the deal so we lose some players and weaken ourselves? It wouldn’t harm him selling the club overly as its the close season so maybe the delay is that he hates the club so much now or hates the fans so much.

Trying not to be too pessimistic as I am an optimist but really just want the deal done

Last edited:
also hearing that their is a strong second consortium involved. If so are they waiting in the wings to see what happens or are they a serious contender? If so this may rumble on for much longer. Got a feeling this may continue for a few weeks yet. My hope is that whatever is happening doesnt go beyond the end of June and also any targets are being kept informed of what is going on so that they have a clear idea of whether to hang on and sign for us or take another opportunity. If my info is incorrect im happy to be shot down but might explain why things havnt moved on a bit quicker than first hoped.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but is what you are hearing the same as what was put on here a few days ago? Or totally independent?

We get a few times on SZ where someone claims to have heard something which originated from another post on here or Twitter, presented as new, and credence is wrongly added when it's just a circular rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back