• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but is what you are hearing the same as what was put on here a few days ago? Or totally independent?

We get a few times on SZ where someone claims to have heard something which originated from another post on here or Twitter, presented as new, and credence is wrongly added when it's just a circular rumour.
Welcome to the minefield that is the internet

Please don't take this the wrong way, but is what you are hearing the same as what was put on here a few days ago? Or totally independent?

We get a few times on SZ where someone claims to have heard something which originated from another post on here or Twitter, presented as new, and credence is wrongly added when it's just a circular rumour.
No offence taken. it came via a private message. My point is, if this is the case it might explain why the sale hasnt gone through as quickly as people would hope or expected. All these rumours about today, Monday, next week ever are based on what? The only people that fully know are those involved whether it be RM, TL or the consortiums themselves. Obvs there are the ITK that are being drip fed info and are able to share snippets here and there and thats the basis of my post.

Same with these Wolfy tweets. He isn't saying anything that hasn't been said/alluded to on here prior with nothing provable or substantial. I don't know if he is ITK maybe he is but a lot of people are murdering their F5s on hearsay.

Same with these Wolfy tweets. He isn't saying anything that hasn't been said/alluded to on here prior with nothing provable or substantial. I don't know if he is ITK maybe he is but a lot of people are murdering their F5s on hearsay.
TBF Wolfy gets a lot right so people can choose to believe him or not. Someone asked him it would be this week and he said probably not, it hasn't happened. Someone asked him would it be today and he has said no. lets see, but im confident of the info he shares

also hearing that their is a strong second consortium involved. If so are they waiting in the wings to see what happens or are they a serious contender? If so this may rumble on for much longer. Got a feeling this may continue for a few weeks yet. My hope is that whatever is happening doesnt go beyond the end of June and also any targets are being kept informed of what is going on so that they have a clear idea of whether to hang on and sign for us or take another opportunity. If my info is incorrect im happy to be shot down but might explain why things havnt moved on a bit quicker than first hoped.
You’d think RM would try and clear all debts to ease pressure knowing if he doesn’t f*** up next season he’s in a better position. But no he’ll drag it out, frustrate us all till 12th July. Pay it off by selling land and leave us 6 weeks behind. So him, it’s cringe.

You’d think RM would try and clear all debts to ease pressure knowing if he doesn’t f*** up next season he’s in a better position. But no he’ll drag it out, frustrate us all till 12th July. Pay it off by selling land and leave us 6 weeks behind. So him, it’s cringe.
He gave up caring about the club a long time ago. This is about him and getting the best deal. If for example he prefers the second option regardless of how far down the line Kimura are he may gamble losing them for the second option. That is where the concerns would be. Lets hope we are in for a nice surprise in the next week or so and something gets resolved

He gave up caring about the club a long time ago. This is about him and getting the best deal. If for example he prefers the second option regardless of how far down the line Kimura are he may gamble losing them for the second option. That is where the concerns would be. Lets hope we are in for a nice surprise in the next week or so and something gets resolved
Yeah I appreciate he has no feeling for the club, but it’s the asset that holds it all together. A good businessman would think: I need to secure that then work on the deal.

Ah, I see the problem.

Let's be honest here none of us really know and we just have to sit and wait it out even if it is a bloody nightmare 😆
That's the worst part, as fans we care so much but we can't actually affect what happens.

I can't stop thinking about it, and believe me I've tried to distract myself with work, playing sports and BBQs.

On one hand we could have absolute elation and a new era of SUFC, or it could all fall apart if this deal drags.

We've never been so close to the promised land of new ownership, nor have we been so close to total oblivion (just over a month to go until court). It's a horrible mixture.

Let's be honest here none of us really know and we just have to sit and wait it out even if it is a bloody nightmare 😆
Absolutely this. Theres no set timeline for these sorts of deals. If a breakthrough is made then things could move very fast, alternatively if there are sticking points then well they can drag on.

Best advice is make the most of the weather and enjoy that while it lasts. What will be, will be.

There could be a number of reasons why things may appear to have slowed somewhat. Some of these may or may not apply here.

1. Due diligence. Takes bloody ages even in the simplest of transactions. This is not a simple transaction. It will be a tangled web and dark holes everywhere. A minefield even.

2. Legal bods taking ages to communicate with eachother and/or sort paperwork. If you have ever bought/sold a house or business, you will know how briefs can take the **** when on the clock.

3. The second (under the radar) group maybe quietly positioning themselves to gazump. Again, if you have been involved in buying/selling property or business you may have experienced this.

4. RM or either group moving goalposts, even slightly, can have big impacts on timings.

5. Interest cooled/smell a rat on either side. I've had people interested in my house then have suddenly for no reason, gone quiet. Frustrating, but it happens.

There could be a lot of other reasons as well. The main thing to be positive about is there is at least two parties interested. Both of which appear keen to do a deal. I also believe RM now has no choice but to sell. It will happen and I think we will all be very happy when the day comes, whoever our new owners may be...

But unfortunately none of us (me included) really know wtf is going on, or when it my complete. So we just have to suck it up and wait, patiently, day after day.

Our day will come Shrimpers, fear not. Hold firm and keep the champers on ice. 🍾 🦐

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back