• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
We not in position for RM to fcuk us about, NL showed that last week, when they was that close to chuck Southend Utd out of the national league set up. They will do just that, if any delay.

If RM wanted this done quickly as much as Kimura, then it would be done by now. I simply don't buy the complexity piece around the club (a small £4m turnover company). I accept the FF piece could be very complicated according to the approach being taken by RM, Kimura or both. I doubt Kimura, at least, has any incentive to make it so.

I doubt RM cares about next season, and I suspect CP is not far off where he says if its not done soon then players will be off. I also believe Matt Slater's assessment, but that is, I think, coming from Kimura. So very likely Kimura are wanting it done now- and RM is farting around seeing if more £££/better terms can come from the Kimura or the second bidder.

My take, assuming the second bidder/interested party is real, is unless they are oblivious to the situation on the football side, they are getting off to (or should be) a very bad start with us...why? they should understand the urgency and to be sitting on the sidelines accessing whether to make a bid at this point is far from helpful. If they made a bid tomorrow it would take till early/mid July to "catch up". And dependent on their "commitment" to the club and purchase, if they pull at the last minute its all over. Kimura are "invested" in the Club- a reliable bidder has "value".

I doubt Kimura would hang on waiting to pick up the pieces. Kimura have issued a deadline once. They will be very very close to doing so again (if they haven't already) if RM is slowing things down. Has Ron ever heard the saying a bird in the hand?? My experience over many years of business acquisitions is greed is a very destructive ingredient. Seen many deals fall apart because of it.

That all said is the second bidder real (or at least real enough to be very seriously in play as a potentially preferred option)? I have my doubts. Easy for Ron, and especially the agents, to create apparent competition to drive last minute concessions. Kimura need to call his bluff. Squeaky bum time indeed.

Let's be honest here none of us really know and we just have to sit and wait it out even if it is a bloody nightmare 😆
We might all be barking up the wrong tree here and there is new investment in the club rather than a sale! That was mentioned in the original announcement… sure we can trust RM to spend it wisely!

We not in position for RM to fcuk us about, NL showed that last week, when they was that close to chuck Southend Utd out of the national league set up. They will do just that, if any delay.
They appear to have given RM until the day of the court hearing or thereabouts unfortunately.

I'm disappointed in the NL for being lenient and they should be seeking to protect one of their clubs, they can arguably put more pressure on than anyone else.

We might all be barking up the wrong tree here and there is new investment in the club rather than a sale! That was mentioned in the original announcement… sure we can trust RM to spend it wisely!
You mean, such as, revised planning for FF approved this month, temp training ground facilities approved this month, funds released from development as B&L exited and build can start...? Ron announces satisfactory bid reflecting the value of the "opportunity" was not on table, and as FF has moved forward he has been able to recapitalise the club and clear the embargo. Sale will be revisited when FF completed (in line with original, preferred plan).

It pains me greatly to admit it even as a possibility...for all our sanities I suggest we leave it in a box labelled do not open...

You mean, such as, revised planning for FF approved this month, temp training ground facilities approved this month, funds released from development as B&L exited and build can start...? Ron announces satisfactory bid reflecting the value of the "opportunity" was not on table, and as FF has moved forward he has been able to recapitalise the club and clear the embargo. Sale will be revisited when FF completed (in line with original, preferred plan).

It pains me greatly to admit it even as a possibility...for all our sanities I suggest we leave it in a box labelled do not open...
Don't... 😱

They appear to have given RM until the day of the court hearing or thereabouts unfortunately.

I'm disappointed in the NL for being lenient and they should be seeking to protect one of their clubs, they can arguably put more pressure on than anyone else.
They haven't been lenient. They were always going to extend the deadline but the action they took got the accounts filed. That was there main goal before the AGM I think. Else other clubs would have said why are Southend a special case re the rules. For the rest precedent tells as the final, final deadline is just after the WUP revisit in July, where they will need evidence we can complete our fixtures?

They haven't been lenient. They were always going to extend the deadline but the action they took got the accounts filed. That was there main goal before the AGM I think. Else other clubs would have said why are Southend a special case re the rules. For the rest precedent tells as the final, final deadline is just after the WUP revisit in July, where they will need evidence we can complete our fixtures?
It appears that since the National League got involved, things started to move quite quickly.

I'd like to think the removal of an unfit owner would be something they are concerned about. I doubt they're remotely happy about the tax issues, embargoes and late accounts, more **** for them to deal with.

I get they have to follow precedent though. Just frustrating because their pressure appeared to be focusing the minds of all involved. The rat seems far too comfortable once again, especially if he's sitting on this deal to see how things play out for him.

He gave up caring about the club a long time ago. This is about him and getting the best deal. If for example he prefers the second option regardless of how far down the line Kimura are he may gamble losing them for the second option. That is where the concerns would be. Lets hope we are in for a nice surprise in the next week or so and something gets resolved
Did he give up caring for the club, or, did he run out of money? It is not quite the same thing is it?

As for getting the deal that is what we all usually do when we try and sell something.

If the sale is being rushed (for obvious reasons) there will be great pressure on the legal advisors on both sides to check everything even more thoroughly. This could lead to delays in the short term.

Let us hope all is sorted out and soon.

I see the lack of movement among the players and management as a really positive sign as it suggests they have been spoken to and believe the club might soon be in financially safer hands.

If the sale does not go through before our next court appearance I suspect that might be it for SUFC.

Ron hasn't granted exclusivity to anyone yet, right?

So aren't we still weeks away from a deal being completed? Exclusivity is the start of the next part of the process in the sale?

Did he give up caring for the club, or, did he run out of money? It is not quite the same thing is it?

As for getting the deal that is what we all usually do when we try and sell something.

If the sale is being rushed (for obvious reasons) there will be great pressure on the legal advisors on both sides to check everything even more thoroughly. This could lead to delays in the short term.

Let us hope all is sorted out and soon.

I see the lack of movement among the players and management as a really positive sign as it suggests they have been spoken to and believe the club might soon be in financially safer hands.

If the sale does not go through before our next court appearance I suspect that might be it for SUFC.
He ran out of money and ways to raise anymore as he was hocked up the eyesbrows with debt. All that bollocks wanting to spend time with the family and time to let somebody else have an opportunity. Yes cheers for that RM leaving us with debts literally everywhere and in the lowest league postition of our whole 100 odd year history.

Whoever buys us needs to go through everything with a fine toothcomb and I doubt RM is in any hurry to answer some of the questions being asked.

Personally think everyone needs to calm down a bit. All the doom and gloom is boring. Players are still under contract for at least another 3 weeks, two decent groups want to buy us, preparations will be going on in the background. Chill out a bit. If it takes a few extra weeks so be it. In the grand scheme of things it hasnt taken anywhere near as long as it could have.

Is this the mystery 2nd bidder?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230609_131808.jpg
    Screenshot_20230609_131808.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 103
This is just typicl of Ron full of bull **** if the really wanted this deal to go through .He could have done this by the end of this week .I very much hold that man to count for the mess the club is in .And if he beleves by holding out to continu=e to run the club .HMRC will be waiting around the corner to kill the club off .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back