• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not the way I interpreted it. I saw it has him saying in light of the news the trust may decide to cancel, not him.
the quote was "That may be overidden by what is said today"
I think the supporters groups should say it's not overidden, because there are still many areas he hasn't confirmed

It is really simple. If you buy the club and stadium, and the club has 10m of debt, what you pay for club and stadium is 10m less than you would have paid had the club no debt?
This is how it works. So yes it is effectively written off/accounted for one way or another.
What if we're not worth £10m? Ryan Reynolds bought Wrexham for £2m and they were debt free, I can't see how we're 5 times as valuable as Wrexham. If Ron wants to sell he may need to cancel most of the debts that we owe his other companies otherwise we could end up with zero offers.

It is really simple. If you buy the club and stadium, and the club has 10m of debt, what you pay for club and stadium is 10m less than you would have paid had the club no debt?
This is how it works. So yes it is effectively written off/accounted for one way or another.
Yes, the only problem is there's currently no new stadium. Unless the new owners are convinced the new stadium will be built. With no planning permission that is bit of worry. Surely the whole building project has got to stage where has to go ahead as it benefits all parties ie council and sufc.

What if we're not worth £10m? Ryan Reynolds bought Wrexham for £2m and they were debt free, I can't see how we're 5 times as valuable as Wrexham. If Ron wants to sell he may need to cancel most of the debts that we owe his other companies.
No chance. He wants the money back that he's managed to pump in to keep it running (just !)

I think realistically Ron will have to sell and write off the debt that the club owes him. He might not like it, but the longer the club isn't sold the more it will cost him. He needs to get shot of it quickly. Leaves a new owner with a chance of making a go of it. Think we would be surprised at what price he would let it go at. I think if I had a business that was costing me 200k a month I would drop it like a hot coal!

I genuinely fear this announcement could be the end. What prospective buyer is going to come in and spend millions of dollars on a club deep in debt, with no assets, loses millions a year and with the lure of a stadium which doesn’t exist and has aspects not approved by council.

You’re quite right.

#StopTheSale

We’ll start on the banners straight way…

In all seriousness I suspect in an ideal world he would have been selling later in the development timeline- many on here believed the timing would be when the stadium was built.

But it being now just makes it a little more complicated. I know it’s simplistic but think how often residential builds get bought “off plan”. A new buyer might even prefer a nice hotel to stay in..

Question : If its an American buyer and he just buys the club ,im wondering could he do what happens in America and move the club to a different location, I suppose a bit like what happened to Wimbledon .

just wondering - from a players point of view ....
One Friday it's non payment of your wages that you were told were being paid that day. Fxxks you of mentally for the game the following day.
Following week before the game your best defender walks out through not being paid on time. Fxcks you off mentally for the game in an hour's time.
Following week, again the day before the game, your employer decides to tell the world he's selling up with no prior warming to employees. Fxcks you off mentally for the game tomorrow.
Every week he manages to excel in ensuring the team prep is disrupted just before a game and we wonder why we've lost games lately.
Has no footballing sense in any part of his brain. Seems obsessed with his crock of gold onlly.
Based on what's gone before, who can't be sceptical of his motives when considering the action at companies house and his grand announcement.

I would *hope* that this news might galvanise the squad.

It’s the first step towards what we all hope is a brighter future. Of course we don’t know how this will play out, but on the face of it, Martin has finally admitted his days as custodian are numbered.

That has to be seen as a positive

My line of thinking is that if it is only the club for sale then any leasing of FF maybe only be for match days and may not include all the other facilities FF may have to offer.
Ah I get you.
That wouldn’t work for the new owners and I don’t think Ron is intending to keep other revenue streams.

Of course. But he will get as much as someone will pay. And what someone will pay will take account of the debt. That’s the way it is.
He has nothing to sell apart from a NL club with huge debts. As it stands ATM it is worth nothing or less than that!. He will surely have to write of the debts for any party to be interested as well as enable the stadium to be bought. I am sure exactly how you sell something that does not even exist.

The Trust and supporters groups will still be pushing RM for that meeting as there are many questions we would of asked that were not by the journalists.

The future and current state of the club is far to cloudy to just let it sit as it is and we would like answers.

Last edited:
Bit like buying a car registration number but not the car….
Not really…..
lease the stadium, and you get all the income it can generate (pay rent, pay for upkeep)
own the stadium, and you get all the income it can generate ( lump sum to buy it, pay for upkeep)

Question : If its an American buyer and he just buys the club ,im wondering could he do what happens in America and move the club to a different location, I suppose a bit like what happened to Wimbledon .

Hmm, interesting point. I’m not sure of the rules tbh.

Logistically, we have quite a good placement where we are, so I’m not sure if there are any benefits for an American to relocate us?

Good catchment area for local and passing trade. An up-and-coming City, with good transport links to London, including our own airport. Plus we’ve got the longest pier in the world, Rossi, and blue flag beaches.

The ONE good thing this club has is fan potential.
25k to the millennium shows what COULD be possible.
Moving the club would be nuts.
Non starter.

I think realistically Ron will have to sell and write off the debt that the club owes him. He might not like it, but the longer the club isn't sold the more it will cost him. He needs to get shot of it quickly. Leaves a new owner with a chance of making a go of it. Think we would be surprised at what price he would let it go at. I think if I had a business that was costing me 200k a month I would drop it like a hot coal!
That's it. That's the post.

It is perfectly logical to question potential sale price. Why would Ron not factor his debts into the price? Why would anybody pay an overinflated price to account for those debts when all they're getting is an asset poor football club with little revenue-generating opportunities for the next few years, etc.?

But I think there are a lot of people underplaying the potential fact that he has probably finally seen (or been made to see) that he can no longer afford to run it. He's hit the end of the road. His subtle/not so subtle line that he'd ideally like a sale completed before next season said a lot to me.

He is no longer as confident that the new stadium build will start in June ("later this year" now), which means he's no longer confident that he'll get a wedge of money for recapitalisation of the football club in June, which means there's a real prospect that the bridging money won't be a big enough bridge. He and the club will be back here again, and we all have a sense of how difficult it was for him to acquire this most recent bridging loan. Nobody will lend him money and I think that bridging loan was likely his last.

It has been a bit of a game of chicken. A reace to see whether he could get the project started and money released before he ran out of lives and lines of credit. The race is over and I think he's lost it.

He said in the presser that he will probably never recover the money he's put in. The body language was telling. He's rueful about that - almost bitter, in fact. But I'm starting to believe that the penny has dropped and he's finally been backed into the corner.

There’s a Southend in Palm Beach, Florida… wonder if they fancy having a soccer team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back