• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
24 hours after the news.. has the euphoria died yet?
Realistically it could take a long while for anyrhto happen. We could still be a smudge in history if creditors demand their money now.
The fact is, we could be st this level of even lower, even with new owners.. but st least we will have our 'club back'

I assume Carl Reader will be back on board now then, as the only reason it didn’t come off before was because Ron wouldn’t budge, wasn’t that what he said?

Heard a successful businessman with deep pockets and longstanding ties to the area has invested a significant sum. Expect the announcement relates to that. A stadium & housing development fits with the business interests of the individual in question. Hopefully this makes us more financially stable and we can turn a corner ..
Good news at the press conference yesterday. Given what I heard above, Ron’s ‘due diligence’ is underway and several prospective new owners have expressed interest. He suggested this isn’t the case but he is keeping cards close to his chest. Formalizing the process is in his best interest at this time. Moving in the right direction

I would imagine the club could be bought for a quid, and as long as you can demonstrate you have the funds to take it forward then its yours. Ron won't get his money back and I think he's just realised this. Bit like owning a classic car, spend thousands maintaining it and when you sell it you never get that money back. That's just the price of owning a classic car. I think we might be surprised at how many suitors will want to buy the club.

I've heard a rumour that the Ferdinand brothers consortium are still very interested and they aren't they only interested party

I assume Carl Reader will be back on board now then, as the only reason it didn’t come off before was because Ron wouldn’t budge, wasn’t that what he said?
He was interested in the whole development so he'd have to change what he was looking to purchase as well. Be surprised if he was interested in only club and stadium and also his public withdrawal makes it unlikely imho.

I would imagine the club could be bought for a quid, and as long as you can demonstrate you have the funds to take it forward then its yours. Ron won't get his money back and I think he's just realised this. Bit like owning a classic car, spend thousands maintaining it and when you sell it you never get that money back. That's just the price of owning a classic car. I think we might be surprised at how many suitors will want to buy the club.

At least you’d be receiving the asset when you bought it.

Unfortunately the proposal that Ron is making is that we’d be buying the owning rights of the car but we’d get told when we were allowed to drive it and would have to pay him each time we did.

Initially I was delighted at the news of Ron leaving. But the truth is he’ll be involved with this club until the moment it dies unless someone is willing to pay his inheritance fund.

Ron will be taking anything worth any value with him even if the Football side of the business is sold.

Unfortunately the proposal that Ron is making is that we’d be buying the owning rights of the car but we’d get told when we were allowed to drive it and would have to pay him each time we did.

Initially I was delighted at the news of Ron leaving. But the truth is he’ll be involved with this club until the moment it dies unless someone is willing to pay his inheritance fund.

Ron will be taking anything worth any value with him even if the Football side of the business is sold.
I dont think Ron can be that choosy. The boat is letting in water faster than he can bail out. In order to secure a purchase he is going to have to offer a carrot for any prospective buyer. IIRC the club is losing 200k a month, he needs shot of it quickly.

So you didn't listen to the bit where he said he wanted, ideally, to sell both the club and the new stadium.?

So you didn't listen to the bit where he said he wanted, ideally, to sell both the club and the new stadium.?
I did listen. We have to take anything Ron says with a pinch of salt. And there is no stadium…. and the new owner wouldn’t own Roots Hall unless I’m mistaken? So what would a new owner actually own?

Even when Ron sells we’d only be free of him if someone was willing to cough up the money he demands for the new stadium if it’s ever built. The alternative is paying him rent money.

I dont think Ron can be that choosy. The boat is letting in water faster than he can bail out. In order to secure a purchase he is going to have to offer a carrot for any prospective buyer. IIRC the club is losing 200k a month, he needs shot of it quickly.
Hope you’re right fella!

It's all still a complete mess the fact is the facts we know mean little to **** all about an it's all speculation nly thing we can be sure on is that **** ro bing Ron will want as much money for as little as possible an it'll be convoluted as possible to give the **** wriggle room. We are still a desperate sad club thanks to our super ****e owner an the speculations shall fly unhinged for a while... we all know alot but know nothing

The sooner a sale of the club is done the better. This is all Ron’s collateral damage. The dark clouds and problems will remain until he’s gone. Next season, hopefully under new and proper ownership, we can move forwards. Until then, it’s the status quo unfortunately.

Derby fan base is incomparable to ours.
On that basis no-one would have purchased Scunthorpe.

Whilst fanbases are a contributary factor in buying a club, they are not the determining factor. Bournemouth were a good buy, and how does their fanbase compare to the clubs they compete with?

Last edited:
The sooner a sale of the club is done the better. This is all Ron’s collateral damage. The dark clouds and problems will remain until he’s gone. Next season, hopefully under new and proper ownership, we can move forwards. Until then, it’s the status quo unfortunately.
You could feel it in the ground today, there was no euphoric feeling of release from the days of RM, in fact i think the complete opposite. Most people i spoke to were just in confusion as to how he thinks he can get any money for us as it stands and how do we last until a new owner comes in as it is obvious the pot is empty.

As you said next season (if we have one) maybe we can get out club back on a stable footing, until we know our future it is all guesswork and more limbo land.

I took 3 things from Ron's conference that worried me.
1. It sounded as if his funding ended with the last £2 million. We are still clearly in debt and there is another 5 or 6 months for another winding up order before any sale completes.
2. There has been loads of speculation on here about the value of the club and debt levels. The conference gave no commitment that the outstanding accounts will be filed. How will any potential buyer know what he's buying?
3. Fossetts Farm doesn't exist or have approved planning permission, who will enter into a binding contract to lease or buy something that remains a figment of Ron's imagination? I'm surprised at the lack of reaction to the training pitches, Ron clearly stated the team would be on them by the end of the season. That's presumably another 5-6 month delay over the timescales being talked about a few weeks ago.
Call me a cynic, but I don't share the optimism of some of the Zoners. Hope I'm wrong.

Most people i spoke to were just in confusion as to how he thinks he can get any money for us as it stands and how do we last until a new owner comes in as it is obvious the pot is empty.
Am i right in assuming that if HMRC come calling again while RM is still in control, if he doesn't pay what is owed, then the club would go into receivership?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back