• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours SUFC up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think news stories like this are needed to drum up pressure on the chairman to get a sale done.

Having a production company on side linked to someone like Johnson is amazing, even if he never visited Southend personally.

But I would also prefer if this consortium spent less time pushing the press and focused on getting this deal done.

200 pages in, this thread surely goes down as the GSZTOAT (greatest SZ thread of all time)? The collective delirium has never been so good

I do wonder if Ron is not just motivated by spiting the fans just one final time as he sets off into the sunset. He certainly has that fragile of an ego.
At the end of the day all Ron will care about is the money, he may not be popular but hes not stupid.

I know one of the interested parties - they pulled out but are still I think under an NDA. I wonder if Ron’s included them in the 3.
I think that’s extremely likely. The wording states “Non Disclosure Agreements with three interested parties and Heads of Terms have been issued”, there’s no reason for Ron to say 3 if it could be 4, so reading between the lines there’s at most 2 active parties involved and this is just Ron looking to extract a little more upside for himself by playing on that fact.

[Opening credits: A Gilbert & Rose West drone shot of the stadium with the sea behind it cuts into footage of the High Street from the 80s featuring the scoreboard and then Arthur Daley walking down the pier whilst Morrissey’s Everyday is like Sunday plays]

[Ray Winstone narrating]
Southend United situated in the picturesque Essex riveria seaside town of Southend-on-Sea have known bad times. They hit rock [photo of Dwayne Johnson flashes up on screen] bottom [archive footage of Eggheads (RIP Canveyshrimper, the only one not to bring disgrace upon us) plays] but under club legend Kevin Maher [cuts to Elvis J Eel waving to fans in the stadium] they look to bounce back as they prepare to move into their shiny new home [footage turns to David Beckham Soccer Dome rusting on the floor as Tom Lawrence scratches his head whilst reading the instructions]….

Continues until the Premier League

On the upside, a few of our squad and management must be thinking "Lets not make any rash decisions and see what happens here".
Kasper and Hobbo might have a tinge of regret perhaps (even if just short term)?

I can see it now ...

New owners come in, and everyone is excited.

No Dwayne Johnson and No Ray Winstone.

Fans don't care as we still have a new owner and can start paying wages again.

Fast forward a couple of years and Southend are still in the NL

Fans start questioning where Dwayne Johnson and Ray Winstone are.

Fans start to demand the owners sell.

The moral of the story is, Let's just be happy with what we get, as it means Ron is gone and we have a future.

On the upside, a few of our squad and management must be thinking "Lets not make any rash decisions and see what happens here".
Kasper and Hobbo might have a tinge of regret perhaps (even if just short term)?
Nah, you wouldn't work for free just because you think a celeb might buy the company you work for.

I fully respect any Southend player that has left us during Ron Martin's attempt at running a club.

But I hope you're right and some do stick around to see

Southend + Rock = 5

Journalistic integrity isn’t what it used to be.

af4c51bd06a3a1e5b064202175672337--stick-of-rock-supper-club.jpg

I wonder what the other NL teams fans are thinking 🤔
Torquay are probably leading the bidding at the moment, just so they can say ‘haha not really’ just before the court date and save their skins in the NL. Apparently The Rock is a Torquay fan and follows Gary Johnson on Twitter. #JustSaying

I note that it doesn't say NDAs AND Head of Terms have been issued to three interested parties...it says NDAs with three interested parties and Head of terms have been issued.

Semantics but to me its says 3 interested parties have NDAs but they don't all have Heads of Terms. Maybe only one has Heads of Terms. So can be consistent with where we thought we were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back