• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin & Finance

Hong Kong Blue

The new stadium plans look cracking, but does anyone know how we are to pay for it all?

I'm not talking in the long term, because hopefully Ron will have done his sums right, but in the short to medium term. As far as I'm aware Martin Dawn plc lack the finance. Delancey were originally the money men in the joint venture but Ron bought them out. With what money? How exactly does Ron propose to finance the construction side of matters? How far down the line is he in arranging that finance?

This question has (sort of) been raised before, but its been hidden away in threads and I've yet to see an answer. I'm sure it is all in hand, I'm just interested in finding out the details of it.

Probably a big loan secured on the future developments...

rock.gif

The sale/development of Roots Hall
The Flats
Sponsorship of the Stadium

Those will probably be the big 3 outside of the loan, which will be secured on the fact Fossetts will have a 24/7 source of income so to speak, with the retail park and hotel.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 18 2006,12:12)]The new stadium plans look cracking, but does anyone know how we are to pay for it all?

I'm not talking in the long term, because hopefully Ron will have done his sums right, but in the short to medium term. As far as I'm aware Martin Dawn plc lack the finance. Delancey were originally the money men in the joint venture but Ron bought them out. With what money? How exactly does Ron propose to finance the construction side of matters? How far down the line is he in arranging that finance?

This question has (sort of) been raised before, but its been hidden away in threads and I've yet to see an answer. I'm sure it is all in hand, I'm just interested in finding out the details of it.
I don't know why I think this, but I'm sure I've seen the Bank of Ireland's name mentioned in papers hither and thither. Don't know if that helps...

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 18 2006,13:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 18 2006,12:12)]The new stadium plans look cracking, but does anyone know how we are to pay for it all?

I don't know why I think this, but I'm sure I've seen the Bank of Ireland's name mentioned in papers hither and thither. Don't know if that helps...

Matt
Maher was involved in the Bank of Ireland robbery last year.

Now, sufficient time has rolled on and the money can surface at the same convenient time the stadium plans are announced.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Oct. 18 2006,12:56)]The sale/development of Roots Hall
The Flats

Those will probably be the big 3 outside of the loan, which will be secured on the fact Fossetts will have a 24/7 source of income so to speak, with the retail park and hotel.
Not to mention the sale of all the retail outlets.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 18 2006,13:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Oct. 18 2006,12:56)]The sale/development of Roots Hall
The Flats

Depends entirely on what Ron Martin thinks would be the best option. He may not wish to sell them outright but to lease them, creating a steady flow of cash instead of a one off lump sum.

[b said:
The Flats

The stadium development is estimated at £25m.

Sale/development of Roots Hall - any development will require funding. The sale to developers would raise somewhere between £4-8m, depending on what planning permission you could get for it. I'd also imagine that a fair chunk of this would be the bank's.

The flats - will require funding to be constructed.

Naming rights - Chelsea and Arsenal might get multi-million pound deals for their theme-parks but I think we'd only be looking at a 6 figure amount. I'd be interested in seeing how much clubs like Bolton, Southampton, Hull and Darlington got for their naming rights.

You'd need to put a whole load of money up front.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 18 2006,13:38)]
[b said:
The Flats

Sale/development of Roots Hall - any development will require funding. The sale to developers would raise somewhere between £4-8m, depending on what planning permission you could get for it. I'd also imagine that a fair chunk of this would be the bank's.

Naming rights - Chelsea and Arsenal might get multi-million pound deals for their theme-parks but I think we'd only be looking at a 6 figure amount. I'd be interested in seeing how much clubs like Bolton, Southampton, Hull and Darlington got for their naming rights.

Did St Mary sponsor Southampton's ground then? Or are you on about Del sponsoring their old ground?
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Oct. 18 2006,13:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 18 2006,13:28)]
[b said:
The Flats

Depends entirely on what Ron Martin thinks would be the best option. He may not wish to sell them outright but to lease them, creating a steady flow of cash instead of a one off lump sum.
i imagine leasing out the retail outlets will provide a steady income to offset against the loan for building the stadium.

I also assume the council will chip in somewhat, much to the dismay of some no doubt!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ldnfatso @ Oct. 18 2006,14:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Oct. 18 2006,13:38)]
[b said:
The Flats

Did St Mary sponsor Southampton's ground then? Or are you on about Del sponsoring their old ground?
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
I'm talking about the Friends Provident St Mary's Stadium, which google reveals was worth an estimated £1.2m for (then premier$hite) Southampton......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm going for a local business to stump up the cash for the right to have the stadium named after them...

The RBS Arena anyone??..

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 18 2006,15:26)]I'm going for a local business to stump up the cash for the right to have the stadium named after them...

The RBS Arena anyone??..

rock.gif
not a bad name its got a ring to it, the rbs arena. maybe betterview will fund for all the glazing we use in the stadium as a gesture after the sponsorship deal we had with them.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 18 2006,15:26)]I'm going for a local business to stump up the cash for the right to have the stadium named after them...

The RBS Arena anyone??..

rock.gif
Judging by the amount of money poured into Ladbrokes in Eastwood I'm sure the "poor" employees at the local (and best Chinese in the borough) would be able to redirect some money towards the new Hong Kong House Arena
laugh.gif

The new stadium plans look cracking, but does anyone know how we are to pay for it all?

**Bump**

These questions I posed in October seem even more pertinent today!

Naming rights - Chelsea and ****nal might get multi-million pound deals for their theme-parks but I think we'd only be looking at a 6 figure amount. I'd be interested in seeing how much clubs like Bolton, Southampton, Hull and Darlington got for their naming rights.

Didnt Ron say that Coventry were getting a million pound per season over 10 seasons?

Back