• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin - HMRC Case Dismissal - Club Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
not tef Ron was in the right And the HRMS was in the wrong .So they should pay up .Call ron what you like What the Hrms was wrong and injust .And the club was wronfully placed under an embargo .And if we lost out on players coming into the club .Someone should be made to pay ie THE INLAND REVENUE .
Well said Ron.

It’s bad news for Ron Martin haters 😂 training ground already started, once it’s finished by October, the new stadium 🏟 will start building.
What a strange post, surely anyone in their right mind wouldn't exactly be a fan of Ron's after all that's happened. I think it's the Ron lovers who need their heads testing.

Regardless of what I think on the matter, this is ultimately good news for the club.

Last edited:
What a strange post, surely anyone in their right mind wouldn't exactly be a fan of Ron's after all that's happened. I think it's the Ron lovers who need their heads testing.

Regardless of what I think on the matter, this is ultimately good news for the club.
It seems to me sad that we divide people into "Ron haters" and "Ron lovers". The majority are somewhere in between I suspect, so the labels are just a way of annoying the maximum number of people. It's also sometimes a way of playing the man not the ball often without addressing the content in the post.

So I have never accused anyone of being either.

It seems to me sad that we divide people into "Ron haters" and "Ron lovers". The majority are somewhere in between I suspect, so the labels are just a way of annoying the maximum number of people. It's also sometimes a way of playing the man not the ball often without addressing the content in the post.

So I have never accused anyone of being either.
Love and hate are both very strong words and don't really apply in this case.

It is a strange recent trend that it is no longer acceptable to be indifferent.

Agreed, but it is a strange conundrum. On one hand our financial problems have facilitated our drop out of the EFL, but on the other hand the owner has propped up the club on a monthly basis to stave off a worse fate.

Its sad that fanns should either post theses things or even think with mallace .Just rember it is Southend united and we still have a club to follow .Just be greatfull for that UTB .
Roots Hall was built by and Paid for by SUFC Fans in Southend and Wholly owned by the Club.
Assett stripping by various ‘So Called Owners’ have left us in the Position of Owning ‘F*** All’

Roots Hall was built by and Paid for by SUFC Fans in Southend and Wholly owned by the Club.
Assett stripping by various ‘So Called Owners’ have left us in the Position of Owning ‘F*** All’
so Southend united is not a football club .Maybe its a figment of my imagination .You still go to rootshall you still follow the club .There are many fans from Darlo Bury and maybe other clubs that would bit your hand off to a club to follow .Yes and before you say it they still do but at what cost .

Some on here are saying not guilty with hint of Ron got off lightly.

There was no case to answer so never even went to trial. I will be amazed if he doesn’t get full costs.

The amount of money involved meant it was a huge deal and logically it seemed how would anyone get away with it if true. It’s hardly a curry with your mate that you claim was a client.

Those that would rather see the club fail just to spite Ron have just lost their Ace in the pack.

There is and Matt Slater of the Athletic has said so. He has said he won’t write it until Southend are relevant nationally or internationally. What’s funny is, we’re all busy, right? Write the sodding thing for you if you want to write it, he wouldn’t get sacked. People would be interested. Wrote a story about Birmingham, another basketcase of a club, but drastically different? Not PL and a terrible championship side. Bernie says CP should ask more questions but he has the skills and will to investigate too. It bemuses me. Either there’s a story to tell or there ain’t.

Why’s it not being told blow for blow is the question.
5000 word forensic analyses of a club's financial situation and matters behind the scenes take months. The Athletic's USP is its detail. His editor is unlikely to be too thrilled if he's doing that while he could be writing an article on a bigger club that would get far more hits. At the end of the day, they need articles that lots of people will read. It would be incredibly interesting for us, but I suspect not for the wider football public.

HMRC own the club lots of money in compensation, because it’s was them who put us in embargo and cost us our football league status.
How many times does this need to be explained. This case was a personal one against Ron not the club. An embargo was not enforced upon us for this particular case.

How many times does this need to be explained. This case was a personal one against Ron not the club. An embargo was not enforced upon us for this particular case.

Yes, but Rons personnel legal costs would of run into Millions , yes Millions over the years and yes it is his own money and Ron Martin could have spent / used elsewhere . i.e. buying a new Bentley but it has taken a massive strain on the club finances and he could been able to have put some more cash into the club to help keeping SUFC afloat, if it was not for this legal case now just been chucked out..... what a waste of Public Money

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back