• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin is a legend !!

WickfordShrimper

President
OK Im a ****ed :-)

Bloody Hell over 8000 at the Hall today ...

Anyone one else like me over 5 years ago when Ron Martin took over He said we can get over 6500 home fans in the next 5 years I no we have Massive potential Southend United do have the support and catchment up to Wickford n Basildon area.. **** the Hamsters...we are ESSEX !! them the SadOs and the Farmhands even me the no 1 fan thought we would be lucky to get 5000 home support they are soooooo jeolous of us big time .... from Dave Smith to David webb and Ginger Lee (southends no 1) in my life time been a Shrimper......

Ron Martin, Steve Tilson and Paul Brush have done soooo much for OUR club

If we Get our 22500 all seater ground I will be the happiest man in sunny WICKFORD !!

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX

Last edited:
Agreed. At the end of the game yesterday, I heard a few chants after Ron had made his speech and these are the type of fans that can't spot a great player/manager/chairman even if it hit them in the face! He has done a great job here and none of these so called 'fans' could have done better or even close to as good a job as he has done here. I bet they don't even know what goes into the running of a football club. (This is possibly the minority of supporters and I know that the majority will be dissapointed with them). UTB

Glad it wasn't only me! Was it while Cheltenham were over by their fans? Anyone give a summary of what he said?

There's a lot of good things going on at the club at the moment, but most of all it's us, the fans. Thanks for the support this season, hope to see you again next season. Brief and to the point.

I do appreciate alot of what Ron has done but i wish we would have a chairman who likes to stay out of the limelight a bit. There was no need for him to go on the pitch but i guess he likes the spotlight

Glad it wasn't only me! Was it while Cheltenham were over by their fans? Anyone give a summary of what he said?

It was very brief. Basically he just said that we've got a good thing going at Southend United currently and that it's mostly down to the fans. I doubt he spoke for more than ten seconds.

Back