• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin on Radio 5Live this morning!!

shaneyshrimper

First XI
Did anyone hear Ron this morning on Radio 5. He is well up for this game. Had a laugh with the presenters on Radio 5. Said that Chelsea wouldnt like coming to Roots Hall because of the atmosphere.

He stated that we may not have gold taps and marble floors at the Hall but we can play and the atmosphere will intimidate them. Just shows how nervous Chelsea are at the moment as they are not playing Drogba.

Dead nervous myself and watching the clock today. Going to be a mental atmosphere tonight. These are the days you live for....

Bring it on. Up the Blues

about 8.30am. Good to listen to someone not going on about the "minnows". He also made some intelligent comments when asked what he thought about the proposed Kaka move to Man City. Good radio, especially when i was stuck on the A127 at the time.

Also got a mention on Absolute (previously Virgin) this morning from Christian O'Connell, who will be a Southend fan for the evening. Although his assistant obviously didn't do his research - apparently Freddy's goal against Man U was "last minute" *sigh*

Also got a mention on Absolute (previously Virgin) this morning from Christian O'Connell, who will be a Southend fan for the evening. Although his assistant obviously didn't do his research - apparently Freddy's goal against Man U was "last minute" *sigh*

no -one does any research on us ever its beyond a joke but o well we dont get mentioned in the papers as much as other clubs so i guess its a bit less pressure

Did anyone listen to Tilly on Essex FM this morning?! Funiest comment from Martin Day "Have the Chelsea players asked for any particular demands - like perhaps some blue M & M's?" - Bless ole Tilly, his interview skills as good as ever. Only one "like I say"!

apparently someone southend was on essex fm this morning and they interuppted james blunt to interview him. not sure who it was though as my gf text me and i was alseep

any ideas?

Why should Ron care about Kaka? Are we making a Kaka bid then?
I hear it's an exchange for Richie Foran, with obviously player plus cash coming our way.

Ron is reportedly delighted, as swapping Foran for Kaka will in fact reduce our wage bill. :p

if i had left it as manager you would have ripped into me for saying 'manager' and not tilson or brush :P:P

Very true .. so you were onto a hiding to nothing anyway ;)

Its only a bit of banter lad, i shouldn't let it bother you too much

i dont dont worry about it :)
i have a feeling i will be spending more and more time on here as in the summer im off to uni so therefore will not be able to afford to go to games:( im dreading it, so i will spend all my time on here

Back