• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ron Martin on SSN--all good news!

BluesMike61

Youth Team
Ron said:-

Sainsbury's have underwritten all debts for next 12 months.
All debts have been paid.
He has written to FL at lunchtime--embargo should be lifted this pm.
Contracts to be signed tomorrow.
Sturruck has beeen brilliant--very professional
Very pleased with look of new players
Not building Fossetts to remain in L2--Championship is where we belong.
Understands that fans have been very concerned--his message to us is RELAX!

[video=youtube;bsuXbkrA_AQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsuXbkrA_AQ[/video]

I dont think many football clubs have detailed 5 years spending/revenue plans, too much can change in football.. 12 months is a lot better than the 12 minutes we recently had

Telling us to Relax is a shocking statement after what he has put the fans through let alone the players and Tilson these past 2 years.......That bit I hate...it is the words of an egotist.

Ron said:-

Sainsbury's have underwritten all debts for next 12 months.
All debts have been paid.
He has written to FL at lunchtime--embargo should be lifted this pm.
Contracts to be signed tomorrow.
Sturruck has beeen brilliant--very professional
Very pleased with look of new players
Not building Fossetts to remain in L2--Championship is where we belong.
Understands that fans have been very concerned--his message to us is RELAX!

"All debts have been paid"

So has the Trust been paid back ? Also, we haven't had our £80 back from buying the season ticket at dearer price, so not all been paid back ????? x

I've recorded the interview on my mobile, for those that missed it. Will put it up here shortly. Quality aint that good though. Still better than BluesWorld mind!!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...291833,00.html

Shrimpers avoid admin threat
Southend will not be deducted points this term

Southend have avoided going into administration after settling their tax debts with the Inland Revenue.
The League Two side were given an additional two weeks by HMRC last month to finally pay off their outstanding debts.

Had an agreement not been reached on Monday then Southend could have been placed into administration, meaning a points deduction.

Chairman Ron Martin has now confirmed that everything has been settled with the Tax office and that their debts are now up to date.

The Shrimpers have agreed a partnership with Sainsburys that will see work begin on a new ground and a new flagship store in the town.

The club have been busy signing new players on pre-contracts and Martin now expects those deals to go through after settling their debts.

Paid off
"We've paid off the entire debt," he told Sky Sports News. "It's a relief all around.
"It was more than a quarter of a million pounds, it was £340,000, so that's now discharged. All the club's debts are now up to date.

"I know the fans have been very concerned and it's probably difficult for them to understand the complexity of the transaction.

"We've now moved on with Sainsbury, who are partnering us with this arrangement. The fans can relax and we can now move on positively.

"I now can confirm that the club's finances have now been underwritten by this partnership for the forthcoming 12 months.

"The embargo should be immediately lifted. We'll then move the pre-contract players to Southend players. They'll all be registered."

Its still not over - what happens in 12 months time?

I guess it depends on Sainsbury's definition of "underwriting all debts". If that means that they are basically going to be paying our bills for us as and when they are due then in twelve months we should be ok as we'll be able to use next year's season ticket money in the way that it should be used (ie to cover our cash position during the off season). If they're essentially just giving us short-term lending to meet bills which we can't afford ourselves then we'd be back at square one as soon as we need to start repaying those loans.

The clearest sign of whether our cashflow problems have eased will be when season tickets go on sale. If we try to flog them early like last year then that'll be a very bad sign.

Back