• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin should be heckled...

Two years before this was on the cards the economy was booming. Two years after and the economy is seeing a recession that worse than the great depression. Not even RM can wriggle around the banking system totally collapsing. I think that actually, he has done wonders to keep us where we are - when the club is a loss making business - in a recession - and when debt is unavaible. It is a quite an achievment. Let's face it, the majority of club's in our situation over the past six months would have gone into administratoin. If it wasn't for RM, we would have followed the same path, and I think that is commendable.

TefRon was spending stupid money that he could not justify, especially when you look at the accounts of SUFC, SEL or RHL. It was all relying on other issues e.g. planning permission being granted & all the problems that held it up.

Ron would have had to had guarantees in place to secure loans or monies spent. If we went into Administration, he would have to part with his own cash!

Regardless of who is right or wrong, we have to get behind him & support the club. I hated having to type that last sentence, but its what is best for the club that will hopefully still be here long after we're all worm food!

UTB!

It's the £2m+ spent on "Stadium Consultancy" that Ron referred to in one of his early blogs that I feel now should be justified...if only 25% of that had gone to the football budget for 09/10 we might not now be in the league below Rochdale!!!

It's the £2m+ spent on "Stadium Consultancy" that Ron referred to in one of his early blogs that I feel now should be justified...if only 25% of that had gone to the football budget for 09/10 we might not now be in the league below Rochdale!!!

Where exactly Rich? It doesn't seem to appear in SUFC accounts according to Firestorm.

Where exactly Rich? It doesn't seem to appear in SUFC accounts according to Firestorm.

No, well that's why I think we need some kind of clarification.
He definitely did mention it somewhere - if/when I get a chance I'll try and find it on the blogs (made sure I saved them all).
If not shown in the SUFC accounts, no doubt it's gone through one of the other 28 Mega-lo-Ron group of companies.

Ok lets think that through.

2 million not spent on stadium = no stadium.

No stadium = no potential profit in future from new stadium.

No profit in stadium = no point in Ron Martin ploughing money in to support the club every year.

No point in ploughing money in = no 25% into the football budget.

You are expecting Ron Martin to continue to subsidise in the club for fun and without expectations of any return, thats not going to happen.

PS The money spent on stadium was not SUFC money...

Ok lets think that through.

2 million not spent on stadium = no stadium.

No stadium = no potential profit in future from new stadium.

No profit in stadium = no point in Ron Martin ploughing money in to support the club every year.

No point in ploughing money in = no 25% into the football budget.

You are expecting Ron Martin to continue to subsidise in the club for fun and without expectations of any return, thats not going to happen.

PS The money spent on stadium was not SUFC money...

Neither was the money that paid the £2.1M & the £400K that stopped us from being wound up!

Spending the £2M as mention, I believe was OTT, as is building a Darlington-esque 22,000 seater stadium. A stadium of say 15,000 would cost approx £12-15 million less. IF we ever need a bigger ground, we can build onto it. If that happens it means that we are doing so well that the extra cost can be afforded!

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner. The 101st person to make an SUFC comparison to Darlington is The Big Shrimp!

Tell him what he's won, Bev...

Ding Ding Ding!

We have a winner. The 101st person to make an SUFC comparison to Darlington is The Big Shrimp!

Tell him what he's won, Bev...

I made that comparison months ago, but obviously you had your head so far up TefRons bum you didn't notice!

So you don't believe that it can't happen? We've been there before & with most of our first team leaving this summer & TefRon only looking to get players on low wages, we could be struggling again next season.

Also when you consider that numerous other creditors haven't been paid this season, we are still deep in the brown stuff!

Make sure Bev keeps rolling those funny cigarettes for you!

I made that comparison months ago, but obviously you had your head so far up TefRons bum you didn't notice!

So you don't believe that it can't happen? We've been there before & with most of our first team leaving this summer & TefRon only looking to get players on low wages, we could be struggling again next season.

Also when you consider that numerous other creditors haven't been paid this season, we are still deep in the brown stuff!

I was under the impression that all our creditors had now been paid? Which ones haven't then?

Who are these "numerous other creditors"? We didn't pay the HMRC on time, and there were allegations we owed Spurs money for Dervite, but I don't recall anybody else banging on our door for money... And this at a time when we were brought in front of the courts quite publicly, so you'd think any other creditors would crawl out the wood work post haste.

Who are these "numerous other creditors"? We didn't pay the HMRC on time, and there were allegations we owed Spurs money for Dervite, but I don't recall anybody else banging on our door for money... And this at a time when we were brought in front of the courts quite publicly, so you'd think any other creditors would crawl out the wood work post haste.

As I understand it, people like the coach company, printers, the Cliffs Pavilion for last years EOSB, to name three, there are others too, which I won't name, but I'm sure that compared to HMRC, its a small amount. It only has to be over £750 for a winding up petition to be filed.

As I understand it, people like the coach company, printers, the Cliffs Pavilion for last years EOSB, to name three, there are others too, which I won't name, but I'm sure that compared to HMRC, its a small amount. It only has to be over £750 for a winding up petition to be filed.

If this is true, and they are aggrieved with the situation, then why didn't they act when the club was in court? Surely they'd act in order to stake their claim for any money owed?

It wouldn't surprise me if we'd missed payments, the club have a severe cashflow problem like 71 other Football League clubs during this period, but it doesn't make business sense from their perspective to keep quiet about this and hope that the money reaches them.

Sounds to me as if they were nominal sums that were paid late, and never not paid.

One was a company that was owed money from last August that were finally paid about 6 months later after repeated requests for payment and several failed attempts to pay by credit card and another was the local CAMRA people who were sponsored by the club for the Rochford beer festival in November last year and had to wait until yesterday to bank a cheque that hopefully will not bounce.

Thats just 2 that I know of, so there must be more.

no no no there cant be a century united (still remember how to get to essex)? and Eaststand blue ( i was in the blue seats today) have advised you to name and shame as you are clearly wrong

oooh and bye the way tilly still hasnt been paid for over 3 months now, if he was a player that would have automatically terminated his contract but im sure youll tell me im wrong ACU

One was a company that was owed money from last August that were finally paid about 6 months later after repeated requests for payment and several failed attempts to pay by credit card and another was the local CAMRA people who were sponsored by the club for the Rochford beer festival in November last year and had to wait until yesterday to bank a cheque that hopefully will not bounce.

Thats just 2 that I know of, so there must be more.

That was one I didn't know about Ken, so the list is building up!

Maybe this a positive sign that the club has been given, probably by Sainsbury, more than the £400K they needed at the last hearing to clear creditors. I know that if I was chasing SUFC for more than £750 & knowing that they were fighting a winding up order, that I would do the same.

That was one I didn't know about Ken, so the list is building up!

Maybe this a positive sign that the club has been given, probably by Sainsbury, more than the £400K they needed at the last hearing to clear creditors. I know that if I was chasing SUFC for more than £750 & knowing that they were fighting a winding up order, that I would do the same.

One factor is both the people I have mentioned are supporters and , as such, would prefer to get paid without having to resort to the courts as they didn't want to cause even more problems for the club.

no no no there cant be a century united (still remember how to get to essex)? and Eaststand blue ( i was in the blue seats today) have advised you to name and shame as you are clearly wrong

oooh and bye the way tilly still hasnt been paid for over 3 months now, if he was a player that would have automatically terminated his contract but im sure youll tell me im wrong ACU

I asked a question for information, I didn't make a statement. And you can take your pathetic digs about me being an exile and stuff 'em. Just because I have a different perspective to you doesn't make me fair game for abuse. I respect your right to your opinion about RM, I have a right to mine.

I asked a question for information, I didn't make a statement. And you can take your pathetic digs about me being an exile and stuff 'em. Just because I have a different perspective to you doesn't make me fair game for abuse. I respect your right to your opinion about RM, I have a right to mine.

Oh, come on.. you are fair game for abuse.. it's great.

One factor is both the people I have mentioned are supporters and , as such, would prefer to get paid without having to resort to the courts as they didn't want to cause even more problems for the club.

True, which is why TefRon's actions are made to look worse than they already are. He has taken the pee out of the good nature of fans whose businesses depend on cashflow, just like SUFC.

like they've given us a lot of great memories. even though they've had a bad season to i have not been happy with a lot players amount of effort put in week in week out. i'm not even bothered who leaves

the only players i want here next season is, mildy, francis, spencer, moose, scannell, crawford, grant, baldwin, barrett and thats about it.

That's almost the entire squad!

Back