• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin should be heckled...

J

The Chameleon
for the whole 90 minutes tomorrow.

Why's that?

Firstly, the man's a pratt.

Secondly, he is solely responsible for this season, and he should know how the players / fans feel.

I advocate and condone any person who wishes to give Martin a piece of their mind, and i urge everyone to do so, in the manner they wish too.. as i know, the majority of people want too.

if you heckle him tommorrow i think you need to ask yourself why were'nt you heckling him when we were doing well? and if we get a new stadium and go on to success will you still be heckling him?

Not at all, RM now needs to be hounded. Constantly.

Some of us have been slagged off for most of the last two years for saying this was going to happen! I've had one apology, in person, for saying I was right. I took no pleasure in it, but the person concern showed class. It was somebody I wasn't expecting it from.

TefRon needs to be aware we are not happy, despite his reduced priced Season Tickets & his £5 Oldham Travel.

Perhaps TefRon should take exampole from his "how to ruin a football club (or two!) mentor," Peter Ridsdale & resign & leave the club to survive!

Im sure Ron isnt overly impressed with the situation...i guess its the old 14 times scenario here. Mounting debts all paid off for now, the sooner the stadium starts to materialise it might shut a few anti Ron brigade up albeit a minority as the gates show. As for now, we have always been a yo yo basement club at least we have avoided the shame of administration. as Ron points out we pay our debts not just screw them up ..... Personally I think we should be applauding him for saving the club. roll on August. UTB

OK, my viewpoint is from the other side of the world and I have no inside knowledge of what the future may or may not hold.

However - coming within a whisker of going out of business more than once this season, regularly not paying wages, having a transfer embargo in place, sacking our most successful assistant manager ever, team depleted wth over reliance on loan signings and youth players. I can only call it as I see it, and any organisation which has a disaster like that has to look at the man at the top to shoulder the responsibility.

Yet still people speak of an anti-Ron brigade like they're a minority of brain dead boo-boys! Well, I'm sorry...I'm unapologetic about being anti-Ron. I don't think I'm a moron who knows nothing, I'm not an expert in running football teams by any means but I have enough experience in my chosen profession to know a poorly run business when I see one.

IF he turns things around, IF we are in our new stadium and achieving success under his stewardship then I'll eat humble pie. However I think that's as unlikely as me winning the jackpot on this weeks lottery.

So, heckle him for 90 minutes? I personally wouldn't quite go that far. I do wish however we had a bit more of a consensus among the fans and some sort of oranised protest against the man arranged as in the anti-Jobson days.

Some of us have been slagged off for most of the last two years for saying this was going to happen! I've had one apology, in person, for saying I was right. I took no pleasure in it, but the person concern showed class. It was somebody I wasn't expecting it from.

I've defended him in the past (not for the last year though).

So, I don't know if I have but if I've ever doubted you in the past on here then make that two apologies - you were right!

Plenty of us had the wool pulled over our eyes in the past, IMO some people still have.

Im more concered about what Martin intends to do about the finances next season. Although im not over the moon about how he has run the club this year,i do think its a combanation of factors, some of which were out of his control. If though we have more of the same in div 2, with a revolving door of lonees coming and going, or worse more embargos because even though he will most likely get rid of the high wage earners, still is unable to balance the books, then a concerted must be made to rid ourselfs of a Chairman who will have proved by then he is either incompetant, or worse.

I just think it's irrelevant today, it's our final home match of the season and the final home match for several of our players I suspect so let's just have a fun day today and give them the support they deserve and just for once this end of the season forget what's gone on and enjoy ourselves.

I just think it's irrelevant today, it's our final home match of the season and the final home match for several of our players I suspect so let's just have a fun day today and give them the support they deserve and just for once this end of the season forget what's gone on and enjoy ourselves.

Looking back its that kind of attitude that has really let us fans sleep walk into this mess

Looking back its that kind of attitude that has really let us fans sleep walk into this mess

I'd just prefer players that are leaving do so with good memories of us supporters, the situation for them has been quite untenable and I for one begrudge them nothing and wish them well. It's been a horrible experience for everyone connected with the club and for this game I just think we'd do better to get out there and have fun.

Sometimes you need to take a couple of steps back to move forward. It happened to many big businessmen, who are all now very rich and prominent. I'll stick with Ron and in 2 or 3 years time when we have the glorious stadium and a team doing well, I will be happy.

I'd just prefer players that are leaving do so with good memories of us supporters, .

like they've given us a lot of great memories. even though they've had a bad season to i have not been happy with a lot players amount of effort put in week in week out. i'm not even bothered who leaves

the only players i want here next season is, mildy, francis, spencer, moose, scannell, crawford, grant, baldwin, barrett and thats about it.

Last edited:
like they've given us a lot of great memories. even though they've had a bad season to i have not been happy with a lot players amount of effort put in week in week out. i'm not even bothered who lives.

the only players i want here next season is, mildy, francis, spencer, moose, scannell, crawford, grant, baldwin, barrett and thats about it.

I know some have been bad this season but isn't that slightly over the top..;)

Back