• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin speaks to Chris Phillips

Didn't realise Ron managed on the pitch too.....
Did RM really say "I'm not just managing on the pitch but off the pitch as well" - Surely he employed Campbell to do the on the pitch bit. he's either deluded or a megalomaniac. The parallels with the article about Doncaster 1978 in the last 'All At Sea' are worrying.

The statement is unbelievably ignorant and arrogant! I honestly think he wants the fans to quit and then he can kill off the club with minimal fuss so he can develop Roots Hall.

I'd imagine the next day or so.

Will it be worthwhile??? Hope so. It was interesting. Will answer a few questions.

We hope to do it again.
Re your and The Trusts meeting mentioned earlier in this thread.

I am not for one minute putting any blame on you or The Trust here. We have heard the "it's too senstive to be out there" quotes 100's of times before from RM. So the meetings you now have are on Rons terms, secretive,sensored and unavailable to the fans until whoever deems it is safe to let us read some bits of all that was said in due course.. nearly a week later not a dicky bird.

Seems like a totally pointless exercise to me.

Re your and The Trusts meeting mentioned earlier in this thread.

I am not for one minute putting any blame on you or The Trust here. We have heard the "it's too senstive to be out there" quotes 100's of times before from RM. So the meetings you now have are on Rons terms, secretive,sensored and unavailable to the fans until whoever deems it is safe to let us read some bits of all that was said in due course.. nearly a week later not a dicky bird.

Seems like a totally pointless exercise to me.

Thats what I like about the Fulham Suporters Trust, They have monthly arranged meetings with the club where the clubs CEO, Marketing Manager, PR Manager and a few others are there with 3 trust board members. Minutes are sent to the trusts members wishing a 7 or 10 day period and then available for anyone within 14-17 days.

Thats what I like about the Fulham Suporters Trust, They have monthly arranged meetings with the club where the clubs CEO, Marketing Manager, PR Manager and a few others are there with 3 trust board members. Minutes are sent to the trusts members wishing a 7 or 10 day period and then available for anyone within 14-17 days.

Therein lies a huge difference. There is only RM to answer all. Firstly he dilutes things by going to the Echo to speak to one person ie CP to get whatever he decrees the plebs should know out to the masses. Secondly he meets just one Trust member who have probably seen The Echo so RM can just mostly repeat himself there. Then he meets the liason guys with the back up of the Trust being there to repeat again. They say if you tell something enough times to enough people something will stick.

RM is a master manipulator, he will take you off track whenever he can or the questions get to hot. I remember back to the meetings @Smiffy and I had with him many years ago and nothing has changed in his tactics since those days.

Last edited:
Therein lies a huge difference. There is only RM to answer all. Firstly he dilutes things by going to Echo to speak to one person ie CP to get whatever he decrees the plebs should know out to the masses. Secondly he meets just one Trust member who have probably seen The Echo so RM can just mostly repeat himself there. Then he meets the liason guys with the back up of the Trust being there to repeat again. They say if you tell something enough times to enough people something will stick.

RM is a master manipulator, he will take you off track whenever he can or the questions get to hot. I remember back to the meetings @Smiffy and I had with him many years ago and nothing has changed in his tactics since those days.

I agree there is a difference, but FFC is owned by one man and they also wish to be self sufficient (time will tell if that’s achievable), but they take time to engage talk to and listen to the fans, its quite refreshing. However, as you say a there are differences mainly in how the club is run

Last edited by a moderator:
Back