• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin speaks to Chris Phillips

£600k. WTF is actually going on?

Just how is that even possible.

Financial mismanagement of the highest order.

Question:

Would the club going the way Bury have pave way for the Roots Hall site and FF sites to be used for housing or a development?

If I remember the covenant on roots hall states it can’t be built on whilst there is a football team with no ground to play at. I’m guessing no team then the covenant doesn’t apply

Looking at the club's wikipeida page...

2009-2010 financial difficulties

2019-2020 financial difficulties

Just skip 2029-2030.

Will he insult Morecambe again?

How can anyone from Southend United insult Morecambe when they beat us seven times in the eight league fixtures we have played against them? The other game was drawn.

Come to think of it, how can Ron insult anyone....?

If I remember the covenant on roots hall states it can’t be built on whilst there is a football team with no ground to play at. I’m guessing no team then the covenant doesn’t apply

I raised that point when I was on the Trust committee years ago - got ignored

A very worrying scenario.

I am obviously having a “blonde” moment or a “senior” moment here but I still don’t understand.
Yes I understand we are in difficulty but to whom, why etc, etc, etc

Ron doesn't normally divulge numbers unless he's bragging about how much he's bankrolling the club.

My reading of the tea leaves is that means he has a intra-company loan lined up.

I'm more intrigued at how that number has come together. Is that just HMRC or is it all debts that need to be cleared for the embargo to be lifted?

I raised that point when I was on the Trust committee years ago - got ignored

The issue with the covenant is more who will enforce it.

He is currently writing up the interview as we speak.

Only snippet so far is that we have the 8th highest budget in league one and it’s more than £3m.
That's because he keeps on hiring these so called experience big name Charlie's and their support staff to run the team ie
Brown Powell bond and now Campbell, I'm sure we can survive on a lower budget than that

Why is everyone getting so bent out of shape about the £600k?

Ron puts £200k of his own money into the club every month, remember? He’s good for the extra few.

Snapping necks & cashing cheques. That’s what Ron Martin does.

Ian Hutchinson would have demanded less money to manage us, and he's doing well at Grimsby now.

There is no way he goes public with the amount owing to HMRC without having something (legit or rinky) in the background to settle it. Ronald loves accentuating the fact that he ploughs money into the club to keep it afloat, so paying the tax-bill and enabling us to sign a League Two benchwarmer will be his Dunkirk.

Last edited:
Why is everyone getting so bent out of shape about the £600k?

Ron puts £200k of his own money into the club every month, remember? He’s good for the extra few.

Snapping necks & cashing cheques. That’s what Ron Martin does.
it’s cashing large cheques #pedant

There is now way he goes public with the amount owing to HMRC without having something (legit or rinky) in the background to settle it. Ronald loves accentuating the fact that he ploughs money into the club to keep it afloat, so paying the tax-bill and enabling us to sign a League Two benchwarmer will be his Dunkirk.
Exactly this.

If we clear this, it’ll be “I paid the debt” as opposed to “the club paid the debt”.

Our hero

Oh but who else would buy the club blah blah blah, lets stick with Ron, he is the messiah.

Please just **** off Ron

Back