• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin speaks to Chris Phillips

Talk about greasing the palms.......The money would have been better spent supporting the Labour government of the day. Maybe then the original FF application would not have been called in and Ron could have beaten the global financial crash......

Just an observation, no more no less, but when someone describes something as ‘fine’, it very rarely is...

How’s your dinner? It’s fine.

How was your holiday? It was fine.

How’s your relationship with Sol, Ron? It’s fine.

Did RM really say "I'm not just managing on the pitch but off the pitch as well" - Surely he employed Campbell to do the on the pitch bit. he's either deluded or a megalomaniac. The parallels with the article about Doncaster 1978 in the last 'All At Sea' are worrying.

Just an observation, no more no less, but when someone describes something as ‘fine’, it very rarely is...

When my missus says she's fine, when asked, I know I'm pretty close to a kick in the nuts if I keep on!

Yes. Code for acceptable. Or adequate.

Did RM really say "I'm not just managing on the pitch but off the pitch as well" - Surely he employed Campbell to do the on the pitch bit. he's either deluded or a megalomaniac. The parallels with the article about Doncaster 1978 in the last 'All At Sea' are worrying.

Probably both, :Cry:Don't think there's any question that since SC came in he's set us up as difficult to beat.Though that may well change on Saturday. The Chairman certainly hasn't helped Sol by refusing to back him in the transfer window after he said publically that he would.We all know that the kids can't do it on their own.If the two ex-Maccs. players can't get clearance to play in March then the wheels might yet come off for Sol.Who knows?

Last edited:
When my missus says she's fine, when asked, I know I'm pretty close to a kick in the nuts if I keep on!

Yeah, you blokes should also be aware that when a lady asks if her outfit looks ok, never say 'you look fine' as you will always have to wait while she goes and changes.

Yeah, you blokes should also be aware that when a lady asks if her outfit looks ok, never say 'you look fine' as you will always have to wait while she goes and changes.

I once did worse than that. An ex girlfriend asked, ''How does it look''? About her new dress. And I said.......''What, honestly''?.....Oops.

I once did worse than that. An ex girlfriend asked, ''How does it look''? About her new dress. And I said.......''What, honestly''?.....Oops.

I was once getting on a bus in Israel and a Palenstinian woman asked me if her bomb looked big in her dress.

Ah yes, another perfect example.

Nothing says “I’m fine”, better than those words spat with pure venom & rage

I digress, but on a similar token is is never wise to say to a woman when she asks.... does this dress look to big/small fit me etc etc... ...I will let you know when you are all in it. Whatever she says the best answer is a very delicate issue.

Talk about greasing the palms.......The money would have been better spent supporting the Labour government of the day. Maybe then the original FF application would not have been called in and Ron could have beaten the global financial crash......
Think you'll find it was John Prescott who called it in originally......probably did it to spite a Tory voting area!

Back