• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin speaks to Chris Phillips

Where did the £600k figure come from? Nothing on the Echo website?

Ronald loves accentuating the fact that he ploughs money into the club to keep it afloat, so paying the tax-bill and enabling us to sign a League Two benchwarmer will be his Dunkirk.
That's the thing when you keep singing the same songs, everyone eventually knows the words.

Only snippet so far is that we have the 8th highest budget in league one and it’s more than £3m.
Perhaps it should have been £2.4m and we'd be in far better shape! The problem hasn't really been the overspend Ron, it's been what you've allowed it to be spent on.

I am hearing Private Frasier saying something familiar, unfortunately. Hope not. COYBB

Hmm, that explains the 8 out & none in transfer window and u turn in what Ron said in his January radio interviews. So until we see the interview in full can only deduce that this came as a surprise. Perhaps HMRC were fed up with the regular court charade and decided to go for future payments upfront??

When do we get the next tranche of tv money or is EFL holding that back?

Why Ron couldn't have said this 3 weeks ago during the transfer window, rather than have speculation city going on because Sol couldn't say anything (and possibly undermining his own credibility in the process). Ron has his sticky paws in no end of dodgy pies from what I can see, and allowing the club to fail, despite his bleating is a win win for him.

Question:

Would the club going the way Bury have pave way for the Roots Hall site and FF sites to be used for housing or a development?

I think yes - that's why my earlybird season card money is staying in my pocket

Oh My, what a surprise. Like we didn't see this coming, despite many fans continuing to be either blinkered or just too stubborn to accept just how deep in trouble we are as a club, the news (and the many lies) just keeps coming and it's not even in anyway good news.

Here is part of the Club statement from January 10th this year following the news of non-payment of wages:

100120Statement.jpg

See. It says "We're back on track now" !!!!!

Despite getting shot down by many, I stand firm in believing in 18 months to 2 years time, we could as a club be either out of the league and/or just simply gone and not exist.
Years and years of negligence, poor management and ego-led dreams have led to this. Nothing else and nobody else but Ron Martin is to blame.
As others have touched on, he would rather to club go bust if it means his development goes ahead. END OF ...... No if's and no buts.

A lot would argue who else would come in and buy the club with it's debts. Many would say RM wouldn't sell anyway. Some will say they've seen it all before and it will come good. REALLY ?? You really think it will sort itself out !!

Look, if we as fans don't pull together and do something, we could end up with nothing. So we either sit back and doing nothing, or make a stand before this gets even worse.

Personally, if it means going bust to get RM out, and rebuild from the ground up, then yes I would take that rather than carry on as we are. It really isn't enjoyable anymore.

Back