• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin speaks to Chris Phillips

Exactly this.

If we clear this, it’ll be “I paid the debt” as opposed to “the club paid the debt”.

Our hero
If the Club could ay the debt they would have. If they pay it going forward they would have either borrowed it or been given it. Now assuming we are not going to be gifted the best part of a mil, who is going to lend us the money. We have no security.
So someone lends to to a Ron company , who lends it to Sufc , who pays the bills....who paid the debt ?

53 years I've been going to Roots Hall and for the first time our current situation scares me

I haven’t been a fan that long but I agree this is a scary situation.

Makes you wonder the the goal of shrimpers trust
Or indeed the point of it.

Can we not turn this into a Trust bashing please!

If you have suggestions or ideas for the Trust I’m sure they will be willing to listen to your ideas. Or go one better and volunteer like they all do.

There is a Shrimpers Trust forum on here have a read through and you’ll see exactly what they do.

I knew it wouldn’t be Ron’s fault.

I won’t lie, I actually got ****ed off reading that.

I stand by my other post #60

After 22 years you would like to think he wouldn't get us in this mess. Having worked for 2 very large PLC's over the last 25 years, I could not imagine the chairmen, directors etc getting away with a 10th of what RM has.

Well there’s a few bits in there that are interesting, and let’s face it it can’t be easy. Is he right to wait for the CEO? I’m not sure. I get his point on that but I don’t agree really. I’m not going to call him a liar either on that, like some might do. He’s held his hands up a bit there for mistakes, hallelujah you should’ve done that sooner Ron. Claiming credit for last seasons escape act was never going to play well with the fans in the mood they are in, so I’d definitely have advised against saying that whether or not it’s true. Still, if the £600k gets paid and the players sign then we can all draw a line under this and get on with supporting the lads for what remains of this car crash of a season. UTB.

So it’s mainly Powell’s fault and Bond’s fault and Brown’s fault then. Okie doke. One admission of an error in appointing Bond and leaving it too long to replace him. Kiernan a “poor boy”? I’d say anything but ..

Taking the credit for staying up .. well you can’t have it both ways Ron.

Until the next winding up order, or whatever bad news comes out.

Sorry, I just don't trust him anymore.

Well there’s a few bits in there that are interesting, and let’s face it it can’t be easy. Is he right to wait for the CEO? I’m not sure. I get his point on that but I don’t agree really. I’m not going to call him a liar either on that, like some might do. He’s held his hands up a bit there for mistakes, hallelujah you should’ve done that sooner Ron. Claiming credit for last seasons escape act was never going to play well with the fans in the mood they are in, so I’d definitely have advised against saying that whether or not it’s true. Still, if the £600k gets paid and the players sign then we can all draw a line under this and get on with supporting the lads for what remains of this car crash of a season. UTB.

So it’s mainly Powell’s fault and Bond’s fault and Brown’s fault then. Okie doke. One admission of an error in appointing Bond and leaving it too long to replace him. Kiernan a “poor boy”? I’d say anything but ..

And a rather public dig at Ndukwu which I thought was well out of line

As expected, just another PR opportunity to justify himself. He hardly had to answer any searching questions such as was Adam Barrett under consideration for the job or have the EFL concluded their investigation etc but I suppose that was part of the deal that Chris Phillips would not press him on any contentious issues. How long will that £600,000 keep the wolves from the door?

Just to point out he said MINIMUM £600,000 ?

So whats the money owing then ?

As expected, just another PR opportunity to justify himself. He hardly had to answer any searching questions such as was Adam Barrett under consideration for the job or have the EFL concluded their investigation etc but I suppose that was part of the deal that Chris Phillips would not press him on any contentious issues. How long will that £600,000 keep the wolves from the door?

Back