• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin speaks to Chris Phillips

Digging out young players is not something I’m a fan of, especially as we know the tough time Ndukwu had while here.

Digging out Ben Clarkson? Could it not just be the training pitch and fitness regime?

Criticism of managers mostly correct, though doing it publicly is just to appease fans

Trying to take some credit for survival last year? No chance

There are some things in there that people won’t like, but there are some bits which are refreshing to hear his opinions on.

Let’s be honest, he really, really didn’t need to do this, so we’ve got to be slightly grateful for it even if you don’t like him.

Everything he says about Powell ditching the characters and bringing in substandard signings is exactly what all of us spout about on here.

Now I've read the full interview my first thoughts were 'why didn't you say this lot ages ago?'. I actually found myself nodding in agreement with some of the stuff he said. The £600k is scary but he doesn't appear too fazed by it. So next week Ron, put your money where your mouth is and then I'll see where we go from there on the opinions front. Bottom line, we have Ron or we have nothing so for now Up The Blues.

Now I've read the full interview my first thoughts were 'why didn't you say this lot ages ago?'. I actually found myself nodding in agreement with some of the stuff he said. The £600k is scary but he doesn't appear too fazed by it. So next week Ron, put your money where your mouth is and then I'll see where we go from there on the opinions front. Bottom line, we have Ron or we have nothing so for now Up The Blues.

He has said most of it before. No explanation for where the debt has appeared from seeing as we settled a winding up order a month ago.

Anyone know who the keeper is?

I assumed it would just be Ted. I had hoped it would be him and he would shine and it would kick start his career.

Which one is going to be number 1?

ECHOSPORT'S Chris Phillips sits down with Southend United chairman Ron Martin to talk about the Shrimpers' struggles.

More...

The usual pile of sh**

Calling out Ndukwu and Hamilton was out of order.

It was all Powell’s fault apparently. I could of said that 18 months ago. The recruitment has been beyond awful

Ron’s changing the residential amount on the stadium (shock). Nothing is going to happen with that and the council for at least a few more months.

Just to point out he said MINIMUM £600,000 ?

So whats the money owing then ?

He’s just shelled out wages to ship out a load of players and also go to pay tax on the sales, plus January’s tax bill and god knows what else. HMRC have probably lost the plot with him after their serial beatings in court and gone straight for the jugular. Who knows? Anyway it’s probably owed if they say so, so if he pays up we move on.

It was a lot better worded than his last statement - think he may have taken a bit more advice on what and what not to say this time.

I see your point but my concern is still what we are not being told to what's just been quoted.
he said we need to pay HMRC a minimum, so what's the balance after that. Nothing to do with wages or other bills. This is the dark lord of TAX he is playing cat and mouse with.

He’s just shelled out wages to ship out a load of players and also go to pay tax on the sales, plus January’s tax bill and god knows what else. HMRC have probably lost the plot with him after their serial beatings in court and gone straight for the jugular. Who knows? Anyway it’s probably owed if they say so, so if he pays up we move on.

Most of the answers and indeed the reason for the interview were needed as he doesn't really have much choice.
Trying to hide the embargo and being silent on other matters have to be answered in some shape or form as otherwise with impending season ticket renewals people will vote with their feet.
The deflection on the appointment of the right manager is HIS responsibility, and not that the manager chooses the job.

Back