• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin speaks to Chris Phillips

Interesting that he mentions his son attending matches - as has been posted on here, I think he will hand over some responsibility to him, probably once the new CEO has established himself.

Never understand why it is that if a player makes it know he wants to leave that the club need to pay up his contract , after all they are going straight into another job and presumably getting paid from that job (Kiernan). I would say that as soon as they or their agents ask for a move they are in breach of contract and it's then up to the club as to how they wish to proceed

As has been said many many times the clubs future and RM’s continued tenure are totally entwined- if he succeeds we do and vice versa.

Utterly astonishingly some seem to imagine that administration would be a good thing. I am at an utter loss to understand what imaginings make this so. Most of the debt is interco- we get to write off £600k and all the same problems continue after as before and we get hit with further embargos and point deductions. Utter madness.

I even saw on social media the suggestion that Ron should resign!!! Really- that would help.

He has given a fairly detailed interview. You can believe it or not. Some will believe none of it but yet at the same time manage to believe almost any conspiracy theory along as it plays to a theme.

FWIW the money will get paid next week- the 3 signings will get registered, results will pick up, we will go down and I believe next year will be positive one.

Amongst the interview there were some new snippets of information (BTW I thought he went out of his way not to dig out Ben Clarkson despite the injury related nightmares). Interesting on FF he indicated a recent change to the application replacing some of the retail elements with more housing? This chimes with a lot of comments on here regarding the retail developments/wonder if that includes the cinema piece. Anyhow RH and FF will go an awful long way to delivering the councils commitment on new housing.

Agree with a lot of your post but not that administration would necessarily be a disaster. About 40 clubs in the past 25 years have gone into administration then been bought out, for example, Southampton, Bournemouth, Charlton. Not exactly a disaster for them!

Yep
FWIW the money will get paid next week- the 3 signings will get registered, results will pick up, we will go down and I believe next year will be positive one.

Fair play to you, but I honestly dont know how anyone can feel positive about next season at the moment but hey this is Southend right?

Keirnon - "lifestyle change and a sunny clime"...

really did not like playing football for a living

Agree with a lot of your post but not that administration would necessarily be a disaster. About 40 clubs in the past 25 years have gone into administration then been bought out, for example, Southampton, Bournemouth, Charlton. Not exactly a disaster for them!
Don’t think Charlton fans would agree after their long battle with their Belgium owners

Although everyone will slate him i'm sure , I have to be honest its one of the most indepth insights hes provided at the club for YEARRRSSS. Gives you at least some idea of the ****show we've had to watch our club fall into.

So where do we go from here?. Where will the money come from to press on for the foreseeable future?.
Revenue will diminish next season, less STH & away fans for starters?. And if results not good home attendances will fall?.
RM seems to be trying to stop water gushing downhill with a fork?.

Ron has once again managed to convince enough people, that he is wearing a flesh coloured body-stocking, and that the emperor is not in fact, naked.

He’s very craftily taken aim at Brown, Powell, Bond, Harry Redknapp, some players, The Academy, Ben Clarkson, Sol & HMRC.

However, not a single one of those persons/entities sets or manages the budgets within this business. Ron does.

So don’t go worrying about those big, unpaid debts racking up against our club, just focus on blaming our problems on one of those things from the list above.

- £600k minimum payment required? Nevermind that, don’t you know that Chris Powell signed a big, bollockless Frenchman, which is the reason for our downfall.

- Unpaid wages? Yes, but let’s not forget that Phil Brown lost the dressing room a few years ago.

- The club is minus £200k every month on the balance sheets? Forget that, we should have never gotten rid of those unmanageable players.

And to top it off, this has been going on for the the better part of a decade. Same man, same problems. How? Just how is that possible?

How do you sit down in the summer to do your budget forecasts, and see that you’ve got X amount to spend, but actually ignore that figure & simply spend whatever you like. What a load of Bollocks.

Anyone here manage to overbudget themselves on a monthly basis? Every month? For 10 years?

—————————————————————

Now let’s get to the odds parts of that.

- Sol & Larsson were the top two candidates for the job. Lols. Why did Millwall block AB’s move then? If we were never interested in him & Tilly taking the reigns, Millwall wouldn’t have had to block it. Load of cobblers.

- Chris Powell only wanted players he could manage. Wait, that’s a bad thing? The fact that we’re currenty the laughing stock of English Football isn’t because of that man’s recruitment, it’s because we’ve been plagued by those **** unmanageable attitudes since the days of Phil Brown.

- Perhaps Bondy could have departed a game or two before he finally did? Sure, although that would have meant Ron cutting his month-long holiday short. Honestly, just think about that. Your business - as Ron likes to refer to it - is in clear and obvious decline, but you couldn’t possibly drag your pasty backside away from your deckchair long enough, to address the problem. Get ****ed.

- “We paid off HMRC in January, but they got us embargoed again”. Once again, it’s HMRC’s fault. How many times over the last decade is that now? Don’t get me wrong, I despise the taxman as much as the next person, but us being under an embargo has got **** all to do with them. They’re not biased. They’re not out to get us. We’re just ran terribly.

- Five weeks the Larsson saga dragged on. Five. Anyone still believe it all fell apart because of some coach not wanting the job? The sooner this stadium fiasco is sorted, the better. Only then will we see any kind of change at this club.

Yep

Fair play to you, but I honestly dont know how anyone can feel positive about next season at the moment but hey this is Southend right?

It’s either that or buy a flat cap, be eternally miserable and practice saying “I don't belieeeeve it”..

Ron has once again managed to convince enough people, that he is wearing a flesh coloured body-stocking, and that the emperor is not in fact, naked.

He’s very craftily taken aim at Brown, Powell, Bond, Harry Redknapp, some players, The Academy, Ben Clarkson, Sol & HMRC.

However, not a single one of those persons/entities sets or manages the budgets within this business. Ron does.

So don’t go worrying about those big, unpaid debts racking up against our club, just focus on blaming our problems on one of those things from the list above.

- £600k minimum payment required? Nevermind that, don’t you know that Chris Powell signed a big, bollockless Frenchman, which is the reason for our downfall.

- Unpaid wages? Yes, but let’s not forget that Phil Brown lost the dressing room a few years ago.

- The club is minus £200k every month on the balance sheets? Forget that, we should have never gotten rid of those unmanageable players.

And to top it off, this has been going on for the the better part of a decade. Same man, same problems. How? Just how is that possible?

How do you sit down in the summer to do your budget forecasts, and see that you’ve got X amount to spend, but actually ignore that figure & simply spend whatever you like. What a load of Bollocks.

Anyone here manage to overbudget themselves on a monthly basis? Every month? For 10 years?

—————————————————————

Now let’s get to the odds parts of that.

- Sol & Larsson were the top two candidates for the job. Lols. Why did Millwall block AB’s move then? If we were never interested in him & Tilly taking the reigns, Millwall wouldn’t have had to block it. Load of cobblers.

- Chris Powell only wanted players he could manage. Wait, that’s a bad thing? The fact that we’re currenty the laughing stock of English Football isn’t because of that man’s recruitment, it’s because we’ve been plagued by those **** unmanageable attitudes since the days of Phil Brown.

- Perhaps Bondy could have departed a game or two before he finally did? Sure, although that would have meant Ron cutting his month-long holiday short. Honestly, just think about that. Your business - as Ron likes to refer to it - is in clear and obvious decline, but you couldn’t possibly drag your pasty backside away from your deckchair long enough, to address the problem. Get ****ed.

- “We paid off HMRC in January, but they got us embargoed again”. Once again, it’s HMRC’s fault. How many times over the last decade is that now? Don’t get me wrong, I despise the taxman as much as the next person, but us being under an embargo has got **** all to do with them. They’re not biased. They’re not out to get us. We’re just ran terribly.

- Five weeks the Larsson saga dragged on. Five. Anyone still believe it all fell apart because of some coach not wanting the job? The sooner this stadium fiasco is sorted, the better. Only then will we see any kind of change at this club.

Bang on ??

Back