• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin

Why is the club in such a mess every year the team gets worse .The bills are stuggling to get paid .The new ground doesnt get built even when theres cheap money .What will happen if we get a ground another Darlington maybe .Its just really poor every year .This is probably the lowest the club has ever been in their history

The only way we get through to the other side of this ****storm with a club in existence with no revenue coming in is for the club owner to bail out the club from his own funds. And a lot of funds at that. If he does that there should be a statue of the bloke outside the ground.

It doesn't matter how close we might be to getting planning permission, he needs to do everything in his power to ensure that this bill is paid and the embargo lifted this week. That petition being anything other than dismissed on the spot this week will near enough ensure relegation. It's that simple.

I agree. And if all members of the Board need to pitch in, now is the moment. Otherwise, a bright young manager like MM is being hung out to dry.

I'd rather have Ron in charge than the circus that is in place at Charlton.
But this isn't a choice we face. I can't remember the last time I heard the Trust, in an official capacity at least, say what it's doing to ensure that our club is being run properly when it engages with those in positions of power at the club. Is there a tacit agreement that the Trust won't be vocal in its criticisms of the club in return for something? I can't see what the Trust has to earn from visibly sitting on its hands and possibly placating fomentation towards the powers that be when all we see is one act of mismanagement after another.

But this isn't a choice we face. I can't remember the last time I heard the Trust, in an official capacity at least, say what it's doing to ensure that our club is being run properly when it engages with those in positions of power at the club. Is there a tacit agreement that the Trust won't be vocal in its criticisms of the club in return for something? I can't see what the Trust has to earn from visibly sitting on its hands and possibly placating fomentation towards the powers that be when all we see is one act of mismanagement after another.

Absolutely not. We have only been able to meet ourselves once, at the start of August, so it's loads of emails flying around the committee members. Didn't the Trust announce about the away ticketing after strong representation? I will pass this comment over.

However, what I will say, from a personal perspective, is that while we have no CEO - and no Geoffrey King involvement for that matter - there is only one man who runs this Club, and he will choose who he discusses things with.

Absolutely not. We have only been able to meet ourselves once, at the start of August, so it's loads of emails flying around the committee members. Didn't the Trust announce about the away ticketing after strong representation? I will pass this comment over.

However, what I will say, from a personal perspective, is that while we have no CEO - and no Geoffrey King involvement for that matter - there is only one man who runs this Club, and he will choose who he discusses things with.

That final paragraph is absolutely spot on
There is only one person at this time who is running this club.
I feel the lack of CEO and appropriate admin staff is telling

I agree. And if all members of the Board need to pitch in, now is the moment. Otherwise, a bright young manager like MM is being hung out to dry.

Some of the board have made loans to the club, and quite sizeable ones too. Unfortunately, they are a drop in the ocean compared to what is needed.

The club have an abysmal reputation when it comes to paying back other companies, as well as a former director. I understand that person served a winding up order to recover his money.

Where money from other directors is concerned, it’s like gambling. You should only bet what you are prepared to lose.

It’s a pointless discussion as Ron has too much to lose if FF isn’t built. The only way we will get a new owner is via administration.

it comes down to Weds, I can't see this being adjourned again so it's either the debt is settled and we can bring players in on the club gets wound up.

Mind you even if this debt is settled it's only downhill from here, despite selling Hump and 1,500 season tickets we haven't got the funds to add any quality to the squad as we have no spare money and won't have any until fans are allowed back in at a near normal level.

we seem to be at a crossroads where we either play the kids and keep alive as a club (Just) or we spend money to improve the squad and risk going out of business if things don't improve, it's a decision that each club has had to make, time will tell who got it right. personally I'll be surprised if the season finishes and if if does I doubt all the clubs will survive it

I think you’ll find that many clubs are in a similar precarious financial situation to us and on the brink

So not absolute rubbish really...

The situation for lower league clubs is bleak, you are quite correct. A few years ago we may have been an attractive prospect for a buyer but not now when the bottom two divisions have been effectively cut off from any chance of the big time by the way TV money is distributed.

However, while I accept that there probably isn't a big queue of people waiting to buy the club, how many other clubs do you see starting the season with a youth team because they have been so catastrophically run?

Ron can't do it all. He needs to sort the future of the club and appoint a good CEO who can run it properly. We are in a genuine state of neglect right now.

The clubs on field results actually don't effect Ron Martins future nest egg from housing. In fact the lower the club slides the less money can be spent on the new ground.

This is a dangerous situation to be in as fans...

I think you’ll find that many clubs are in a similar precarious financial situation to us and on the brink

So not absolute rubbish really...
The difference is that most clubs struggling financially are suffering through Covid related issues. Southend's financial problems are because of decisions and actions of Ron that have been made even worse by Covid

Back