• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin

Monkey

He is apparently in the middle of a months holiday. A friend i work with was speaking to Tilly whilst at the Gym.

This could explain the lack of contract talk of its true, does anyone know anything?

Considering he made a comment at the press conference after the game on Saturday, I would say he's back.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 26 2004,13:49)]...though I did notice he hasn't been for the last previous games, perhaps this is why we've played so well, he comes back and we play kak....

MARTIN OUT !
laugh.gif

ghostface.gif

Matt

P.S. The accusation was made on Saturday (by Leeboy, IIRC) that it's all my fault... my last three games:-

Blackpool 2 - 0 Southend
Huddersfield 1 - 0 Southend
Southend 0 - 2 Yeovil

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 26 2004,13:50)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ April 26 2004,13:49)]...though I did notice he hasn't been for the last previous games, perhaps this is why we've played so well, he comes back and we play kak....

MARTIN OUT !
laugh.gif

ghostface.gif

Matt

P.S. The accusation was made on Saturday (by Leeboy, IIRC) that it's all my fault... my last three games:-

Blackpool 2 - 0 Southend
Southend 0 - 2 Yeovil

sad.gif
Matt,

Are you sure you haven't been coming to City's games this season.......
tounge.gif

Adrian

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Considering he made a comment at the press conference after the game on Saturday, I would say he's back.

What did he say at the press conference?

I didn't know if it was true about him going away or not.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Monkey @ April 26 2004,13:41)]He is apparently in the middle of a months holiday.
Disgusting, he shouldn't be allowed a holiday, who does he think he is?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 26 2004,13:50)]P.S. The accusation was made on Saturday (by Leeboy, IIRC) that it's all my fault... my last three games:-

Blackpool 2 - 0 Southend
Southend 0 - 2 Yeovil

sad.gif
I went over a year without seeing a league win until the Scunny game!
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 26 2004,14:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 26 2004,13:50)]P.S. The accusation was made on Saturday (by Leeboy, IIRC) that it's all my fault... my last three games:-

Blackpool 2 - 0 Southend
Southend 0 - 2 Yeovil

sad.gif
I went over a year without seeing a league win until the Scunny game!  
sad.gif
Impressive, mine was merely from first day of the season until Darlo!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Monkey @ April 26 2004,14:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Considering he made a comment at the press conference after the game on Saturday, I would say he's back.

Basically, we're pleased with the team's progress since Tilly/Brush have been in charge. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ April 26 2004,14:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Monkey @ April 26 2004,14:05)]
[b said:

Basically, we're pleased with the team's progress since Tilly/Brush have been in charge. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

cool.gif
He actually said the nudge, nudge, wink, wink bit too...

rock.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 26 2004,14:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Adrian C @ April 26 2004,14:00)]Are you sure you haven't been coming to City's games this season.......
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

ghostface.gif

How have you guys been getting on recently?  Will you avoid the drop?

Matt
A league run of 1 defeat (to Champions Crawley) in 11 (5 wins 5 draws), hauled us off the bottom, but an unlucky 2-1 defeat at Stafford dumpped us back on the bottom again
sad.gif

In answer to your actual question, err, nope, probably not. We might make the convoluted play-off for Conference 2 if we win both our last games, both against Merthyr, but we realistically can't afford to play in Conf2 next season anyway.

The bright spot surely must be goalie Paul Nicholls. Top scorer in the league this year (5 pens) and 2nd overall (our top scorer was a loanee too). I hope he stays but he'd give Flavs a run for his money
biggrin.gif

AC

Ron Martin was definately at the game saturday , he was sitting in his normal spot in the director's box.

[b said:

Blackpool 2 - 0 Southend
Southend 0 - 2 Yeovil

sad.gif
Relax Matt. It's actually my fault. I brought a mate of mine from Uni to his fourth Southend game over the past two seasons. Those games being:

Last Season:
Orient 2 - 1 Southend
Southend 0 - 2 Lincoln

This Season:
Blackpool 2 - 0 Southend
Southend 0 - 2 Yeovil

I've now placed him under a lifetime ban.

And of course theres still the possessed pack of Honey Tunes which have been the cause of all of our hardships since 1996 and which I still haven't found a suitable way to dispose of. But thats a story for anothertime...

ghostface.gif

Thanks Beefy... I feel better now!

biggrin.gif

Adrian... your top scorer in the league is your goalie?! Madness!! Try to beat Merthyr, though - because then at least you've got the choice of whether to go into Conf 2 or not (and, surely, wouldn't there be more fans in Conf 2?).

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 26 2004,15:01)]Adrian... your top scorer in the league is your goalie?!  Madness!!  Try to beat Merthyr, though - because then at least you've got the choice of whether to go into Conf 2 or not (and, surely, wouldn't there be more fans in Conf 2?).

Matt
We'll only get more fans if we're back in Chelmsford, which is pretty much done and dusted, but we really need to channel all our efforts into getting Melbourne Park up to scratch. Playing at a lower level will at least mean lower wage bill and give us some time to consolidate. This is better for the future, even if it means the pain of relegation now.

I think Conf2 is daft anyway, it's merely replacing 3 Prem divs with 2 divs, shunting 24 teams down the pyramid and effectively creating another level....IMHO of course
cool.gif

AC

Back