• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin

And Chairman Ron has addressed his subjects within the Shrimper Nation in today's Echo. Or, rather, he's got the hump with one reader and has replied to him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ April 26 2004,15:39)]And Chairman Ron has addressed his subjects within the Shrimper Nation in today's Echo.  Or, rather, he's got the hump with one reader and has replied to him.
For those of us who haven't got our hands on that august organ (*), pray what does the piece (*) say?

Matt

(* The Echo, not Ron's)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Adrian C @ April 26 2004,15:35)]I think Conf2 is daft anyway, it's merely replacing 3 Prem divs with 2 divs, shunting 24 teams down the pyramid and effectively creating another level....IMHO of course
cool.gif
I'm intrigued. Being down in Pompey, I've been to the odd Havant and Waterlooville game. To be honest, it doesn't seemt hey really have the support to be playing in a national league. A good run for a team now may mean massive losses next year. I hope they've looked in to it.

Is it viable for most of the teams placed there from your perspective?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 26 2004,16:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Adrian C @ April 26 2004,15:35)]I think Conf2 is daft anyway, it's merely replacing 3 Prem divs with 2 divs, shunting 24 teams down the pyramid and effectively creating another level....IMHO of course
cool.gif
I'm intrigued.  Being down in Pompey, I've been to the odd Havant and Waterlooville game.  To be honest, it doesn't seemt hey really have the support to be playing in a national league.  A good run for a team now may mean massive losses next year.  I hope they've looked in to it.

Is it viable for most of the teams placed there from your perspective?
Well not to me. Havant (and us) have a better support than some but in our case it's where it is now because of being exiled and having a poor season. You have to have a budget well over £100K just to keep you up (generally) and preferably someone to 'bankroll' you (which most clubs haven't got).

There will be a lot of teams, particularly from the Ryman, who are going to be in for a shock, travelling wise. Teams in the Doc Martens and Unibond won't see a great deal of change on the whole.

I think really the 3 current prem divisions could just do with a bit of re-organisation, rather than this all out Conf2 thing. Taking into account we are almost certainly 'down', no one knows what league we'll actually be playing in next year....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ April 26 2004,15:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (W4 Shrimper @ April 26 2004,14:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 26 2004,13:50)]P.S. The accusation was made on Saturday (by Leeboy, IIRC) that it's all my fault... my last three games:-

Blackpool 2 - 0 Southend
Huddersfield 1 - 0 Southend
Southend 0 - 2 Yeovil

sad.gif
I went over a year without seeing a league win until the Scunny game!
sad.gif
Impressive, mine was merely from first day of the season until Darlo!
After I made my first move from Blighty back in '95, I seldom got to Roots Hall, but for the odd game in the even odder blue moon... and I went from '95 to '01 (I think) before actually being at The Hall to witness a win.

sad.gif

Back