• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Martin

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
I don't recall a member of the board ever coming out and thanking the fans for their support. A nice touch and I think that we can now look forward to a much more enjoyable period as we would seem to be in the ascendancy.

Things are looking much brighter now than 6 months ago.

Where are the conspiracy theorists now? Perhaps this will shut them up for good.

Yep thought it was very good of him to come and say thanks. Fair play to him.

Now let's see him and the rest of the board get out the chequebooks and improve the squad.

Well with the reality of a new stadium on the way and thus a future. There is no reason as to why they should'nt.

well a good reason would be that the club are already in debt. Of course everyone wants to see new players in the squad. But its all about whether the club can afford it.

It was a nice touch. Especially is he thanked the fans and said none of it would be possible without us.

Compare this to Spurs who on Saturday, thanked their shirt sponsor, the executive members, the box holders and everyone EXCEPT the fans.

One thing that made me laugh though was when he started talking about offering good contracts to players they wanted to keep, but got tongue tied and stopped short of saying that he wouldn't be offering the others anything!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 10 2004,11:09)]Compare this to Spurs who on Saturday, thanked their shirt sponsor, the executive members, the box holders and everyone EXCEPT the fans.
And prey tell!

How do you know this?

Do we have another "Two club" person in our midst?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 10 2004,11:13)]How do you know this?

biggrin.gif
Perhaps he's missing the dull Wignall performances and thought that only a fix of Spurs vs Blackburn could remind him how far we've come!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 09 2004,17:43)]Well with the reality of a new stadium on the way and thus a future. There is no reason as to why they should'nt.
Have I missed something? Where was the announcement about a "new stadium"?! I heard about the B&Q development proposal being accepted at last but I was under the impression that the planning application for a new stadium has yet to be formalised. Let's not get too carried away, FM young lad ...

WS

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 10 2004,12:43)]Let's not get too carried away, FM young lad ...

WS
Mike.  I don't think he was getting carried away, just posting on the wrong forum again.  The new ground in question is Arseburton Grove.  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ May 10 2004,12:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ May 09 2004,17:43)]Well with the reality of a new stadium on the way and thus a future. There is no reason as to why they should'nt.
Have I missed something? Where was the announcement about a "new stadium"?! I heard about the B&Q development proposal being accepted at last but I was under the impression that the planning application for a new stadium has yet to be formalised. Let's not get too carried away, FM young lad ...

WS

wow.gif
Its the fact it is more of a reality than ever. And currently the club look to have a future.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 10 2004,11:38)]I'm sorry but I'm still Mr. Cynical when it comes to Ron.
yer to right, we are still a million miles away from a supposed new stadium

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS Cockles @ May 10 2004,16:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 10 2004,11:38)]I'm sorry but I'm still Mr. Cynical when it comes to Ron.
yer too right
Unlucky Napster, you're too right. Just when you think you've hit the nail on the head, you've crashed it through the table!

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ May 10 2004,11:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ May 10 2004,11:09)]Compare this to Spurs who on Saturday, thanked their shirt sponsor, the executive members, the box holders and everyone EXCEPT the fans.
And prey tell!

How do you know this?

biggrin.gif
How could I have been in two places at once?

A Spurs friend of mine told me about it Sat Night.

Me? Spurs? Not a chance.
biggrin.gif

Back