• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
In today's Echo read how businesses run by Ron Martin could be prosecuted for not filing accounts on time. @Essex_Echo
12:03pm - 24 Oct 13

Ron? prosecuted? Surely not. Would hardly be the first time.. allegedly

Most of them have the same year end as SUFC Ltd (31st July) and accounts are due 9 months after that (30th April). Last year they were all signed off around 31st August (only 4 months late), so shows how bad it is this year.

I believe Martin Dawn PLC had a strike off petition on them earlier in the year, but someone stopped that.

Not sure what will happen to his companies, must have racked up a fair amount in fines though!

So his companies will be fined, then fined again for not paying the fines.... :hilarious:

He has 8 companies he is director of that have overdue accounts.

Still didn't stop him forming 2 new companies in July.

Unless I have misunderstood, I thought that Ron's companies were the money sources for keeping the club running, presumably along with anything that Sainsburys put in. If that is correct, does it put more pressure on club finances?

Unless I have misunderstood, I thought that Ron's companies were the money sources for keeping the club running, presumably along with anything that Sainsburys put in. If that is correct, does it put more pressure on club finances?

Ron's companies do very little trading. Although it is impossible to get the whole picture of what is going on due to a few of Ron's companies being registered overseas.

I thought that Ron's companies were the money sources for keeping the club running, presumably along with anything that Sainsburys put in.

You are right. Ron's companies and Sainsbury's are the money source. Sainsbury's put in 100% and Ron's companies the rest !!

Poor Ron. The whole world seems to be against him but im sure none of it is his fault

As martin Dawn is a PLC the fines are a lot higher than with a limited company. 3 to 6 months late is £3000.00 but this can be doubled if the previous years accounts were filed late.

I am comforted by the thought that Ron Martin will not always be in charge of SUFC. One day he will be gone and then the club can move forwards. I hope it will be in my lifetime.

As martin Dawn is a PLC the fines are a lot higher than with a limited company. 3 to 6 months late is £3000.00 but this can be doubled if the previous years accounts were filed late.

I am comforted by the thought that Ron Martin will not always be in charge of SUFC. One day he will be gone and then the club can move forwards. I hope it will be in my lifetime.

£3000 when are are racking up millions in debts harldly seems worth worrying about.

Yes Ron will be gone at somepoint, whether its in your lifetime depends on how old you are :smile: Cant see him being here in 10 years.

dont wish to appear foolish , but isnt SUFC one of his companies!

Yes, via a few other companies which lead to the ultimate controlling company of Martin Dawn PLC. We are also one of those that have late accounts.

Back