• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Comedy thread or not its good to see some people agree with me in that you cannot blame RM for all our debts, and as for Foran being a championship striker , maybe in Scotland where they play park football but certainly not in England , what was his strike record when he was with SUFC.:smile:

OH! I would like to add RM makes the funds available to the manager for new players ,but im sure he dosent name the players , im pretty sure the manager has the last say on what players he needs and who that player is he wants to sign.:smile:

When Ron arrived SUFC owned Roots Hall and the training ground and also had debts of circa £4m.

John Main signed over both grounds on behalf of the club when he was on the payroll of Martin Dawn.

In those days administration and a debt restructure was the obvious answer that would have benefited SUFC.

Ron was answerable to Delancey who were bankrolling the whole thing back then. It was Ritblat and his sidekick (whose name escapes me for the moment) who refused to put any more money in until Main had been sacked a couple of years later. Administration may have been the answer but VJ would not have got any money out of administration so the transfer to someone who would clear the debt one way or another was the only thing that was going to happen

Colin Wagman...thats the bloke

Phil Brown was a very good appointment, even though I thought the manner of Sturrock's dismissal was morally repugnant. Sturrock himself was an astute hire too. As far as I recall, Tilson landed the job by virtue of taking us to the Millennium Stadium and being the only member staff left in the building. Which was pretty fortunate, all things considered.

Phil Brown was a very good appointment, even though I thought the manner of Sturrock's dismissal was morally repugnant. Sturrock himself was an astute hire too. As far as I recall, Tilson landed the job by virtue of taking us to the Millennium Stadium and being the only member staff left in the building. Which was pretty fortunate, all things considered.
Tilly did get us playing some good football and as a team .

Tilson was amazing. Good football, good results, good times. And the silly sod turned down approaches from at least a dozen big clubs that would have secured his financial future because he refused to stitch Southend up.

Actually he was refused permission by the Chairman to speak to Norwich.

That never stopped Phil Parkinson from screwing over Colchester. Tilson would have had every right to take that Norwich job, it would have set his family up for life, but he said he wouldn't do that to his own club.

I'd have ****ing taken it.

That never stopped Phil Parkinson from screwing over Colchester. Tilson would have had every right to take that Norwich job, it would have set his family up for life, but he said he wouldn't do that to his own club.

I'd have ****ing taken it.

Had he taken the job, they wouldn't be in the premiership now though. Saying that, he should have taken it and had a go

I hate to say it, but it is Ron that keeps the club "afloat" each year by making up the shortfall & paying those last minute bills from his other companies.

:Scared2:

He keeps us afloat by borrowing money from Sainsbury. Not sure that warrants any credit. His companies seem to have lost the financial ability to support us long ago.

On the manager front he does seem to be able to bring in decent managers, shame he cant support them a bit more when they are here.

Back