• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ron martins statement about barnard. thought?

what are peoples thoughts about what ron said about barney last night. saying lee would put his tools down if he didnt move to southampton in january.

very bold statement for such a liked player. wouldn't have this true myself as got more respect for barny than that but why would ron lie?

As I have read in the other thread wasn't it his agent that actually insisted Barney would stop playing for the club... As we all know agents are words we are not allowed to put on Shrimperzone and so probably just said it to help his player get the move.

what are peoples thoughts about what ron said about barney last night. saying lee would put his tools down if he didnt move to southampton in january.

very bold statement for such a liked player. wouldn't have this true myself as got more respect for barny than that but why would ron lie?

He makes lots of bold statements along with King. Bet he's itching to pick the team as well with his silly snidey comments about certain people!

He makes lots of bold statements along with King. Bet he's itching to pick the team as well with his silly snidey comments about certain people!

So, just the total disregard that it wasn't RM who said it, then...

What about the Vernon quote!

What, that Vernon wasn't scoring goals and RM doesn't know why? I think that's pretty much the truth as Vernon has squandered chances that my Grandmother would have trouble missing.

Or the fact that he found what a supporter said amusing?

What, that Vernon wasn't scoring goals and RM doesn't know why? I think that's pretty much the truth as Vernon has squandered chances that my Grandmother would have trouble missing.

Or the fact that he found what a supporter said amusing?

....and Patterson hasn't then. If he gets us in the position where we have to loan Col U rejects then what does he expect, Wayne Rooney for what he's paying/not paying!

....and Patterson hasn't then. If he gets us in the position where we have to loan Col U rejects then what does he expect, Wayne Rooney for what he's paying/not paying!

Digressing from your initial point there Wigster...

Its no surprise Barnard wanted to leave for Southampton or Leeds.

Its a huge step up from us and he is getting paid more for it. In fact he is just getting paid :)

Im disappointed he forced the issue whilst we were struggling and it could send us down, but you cant blame him for wanting to better himself.

The other Col U reject is doing fantastic for us,but agreed, he can hardly put us in this position and complain with who we do manage to get.

Vernon is better than nothing.

Last edited:
The way I see it is that it is easy to blame a player when they are no longer here. So I will take that statement with a pinch of salt.

However if it was true that Barnie would down tools if he was not sold during January, do you really blame him. After all the players had not been paid at that point and had been hit with late payments in the previous 12months, so maybe he just got fed up with it all and wanted out so he could ensure being paid on time regularly.

An unnecessary cheap shot IMO. I'll choose not to listen to allegations from the Chairman and instead base opinions on facts. Fact: Barney was a good player for us who we made money on and spoke highly of us when he left.
As for Ron digging out Vernon & Malone, disgraceful. Not interested in his opinions on players as it's not his place to do so - especially when the club finds itself in such a perilous situation!!

An unnecessary cheap shot IMO. I'll choose not to listen to allegations from the Chairman

It was Bill Jennings who said it.

And the allegation IS NOT that Barnard threatened to down tools, but that HIS AGENT said he would. We have no evidence that Lee even knew of this threat, let alone sanctioned it.

An unnecessary cheap shot IMO. I'll choose not to listen to allegations from the Chairman and instead base opinions on facts. Fact: Barney was a good player for us who we made money on and spoke highly of us when he left.
As for Ron digging out Vernon & Malone, disgraceful. Not interested in his opinions on players as it's not his place to do so - especially when the club finds itself in such a perilous situation!!

I dont think its disgraceful

First people want a chairman who cares about what goes on on the pitch, someone who does give a chit about the footballing side of things, a fan like you and i...

however, the moment Ron has an opinion about a player, like any fan would, he should shut up....

you cant have it both ways!

my mistake i knew the agent said something but i swear i remember rm saying something about it aswell but maybe im wrong.

he also said about bailey but i can deffinately believe that. (scum)

just seemed strange to bring up barney and say things like that.

Whoever said it, it looks increasingly likely that it will result in the early termination of the loans of Vernon and Baldwin with the matter to be discussed either before or after Col U's home match against Brentford tonight.

The decision will also be influenced by the fact that we now have another defender out injured for 2 weeks and 1 of our strikers also picked up a knock at the weekend.

Added to the fact that I understand money is still owed from the loans earlier in the season I would say the outcome is pretty obvious

Whoever said it, it looks increasingly likely that it will result in the early termination of the loans of Vernon and Baldwin with the matter to be discussed either before or after Col U's home match against Brentford tonight.

The decision will also be influenced by the fact that we now have another defender out injured for 2 weeks and 1 of our strikers also picked up a knock at the weekend.

Added to the fact that I understand money is still owed from the loans earlier in the season I would say the outcome is pretty obvious

Have you heard that to be true? I would be extremely disappointed if that is the case as we can hardly afford to be haemorrhaging more players at this stage of the season, whatever people may think of them.

I particularly rate Baldwin and think he has a key role to play at the heart of our defence if we are to stand any chance of staying up, particularly with the transfer embargo showing not signs of being lifted any time soon. :'(

Last edited:
Back