• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron on Talksport now

The usual stuff from Ron really.
No mention of Stan. Mentioned Tom Lawrence and what a good job he is doing.
Pleaded for unity. Talking to managerial candidates and hopeful of appointing someone by the end of next week. He described the team who will selecting the manager as a "committee".
He admitted he'd got previous managerial appointments wrong and that PB perhaps wasn't as motivated as he thought and didn't need the job due to the stage of life he's now at.
Oh....and he admitted that he may have taken his eye off the ball, particularly during lockdown, having previously always liked to micro manage the club.
I thought he told Chris Phillips recently that he hadn't taken his eye off the ball?!

Pleaded for unity. Talking to managerial candidates and hopeful of appointing someone by the end of next week. He described the team who will selecting the manager as a "committee".
He admitted he'd got previous managerial appointments wrong and that PB perhaps wasn't as motivated as he thought and didn't need the job due to the stage of life he's now at.
Oh....and he admitted that he may have taken his eye off the ball, particularly during lockdown, having previously always liked to micro manage the club.
I thought he told Chris Phillips recently that he hadn't taken his eye off the ball?!

Another one under the SUFC bus!!

Fact is, he is supposed to be handling just the stadium matters now, and letting Tom just get on with his job with no interference. I don't don't believe a word he says now. He's contracting himself too much.

Fact is, he is supposed to be handling just the stadium matters now, and letting Tom just get on with his job with no interference. I don't don't believe a word he says now. He's contracting himself too much.

When you spin a tangled web of mistruths/deflection you are never going to be able to keep up with everything you have promised.

So many deadlines and headlines have come and gone without us having moved an inch forwards. At least now we have an opportunity to makes some telling changes in the management/coaching part of the club. We just need things to change higher up as well, that includes RM and the other board members

What we need to do is openly club together and fund a private detective, who is an expert in finance, to scrutinise Ron Martin’s financial affairs. Be totally open about it and go public with it from the start. So many on here think he’s a bit dodgy, so let’s try and prove it.

Decent interview (though admittedly short) shame Jim White kept cutting in on Simon jordan, as he was getting somewhere with his questions..... Nice for the club to get the recognition on these tough times its having on UK top sport radio station.

Jordan not everyone cup of tea, but the 1 thing I have respect for jordan is he walked away from palace for the better of the football club having put **** load of money into it and getting nothing back..... must of been tough for him to do at that particular time.

Just re-listened to it on You Tube as nobody else seems to have picked up on 'I will sell, once the club is settled in the new stadium' statement towards the end of the interview. Surely this effectively puts the club up for sale, if planning permission gets passed on the 25th.

G
Just re-listened to it on You Tube as nobody else seems to have picked up on 'I will sell, once the club is settled in the new stadium' statement towards the end of the interview. Surely this effectively puts the club up for sale, if planning permission gets passed on the 25th.
Got a link?

Hope they play a recording of his saviour Sol Campbell appointment.....makes a mockery of everything he says

He has always said that he wouldn't sell to someone who isn't a fan of the club. Could it be pure coincidence that a fan of the club is also on the recruitment panel re the new manager or is that 2+2 = 5?

Interesting comments from ex Crystal Palace Chairman who said he could admire Rons resilience but could not admire where Ron has taken the club too and so significantly alienated the fans
Which based on where we sit is hard to argue with..

He has always said that he wouldn't sell to someone who isn't a fan of the club. Could it be pure coincidence that a fan of the club is also on the recruitment panel re the new manager or is that 2+2 = 5?
I think Stan has said in the past he doesn't want to own Southend. But I do believe his contact book could be useful and/or leading a fan lead buyout

When has he ever really stuck to his word?.

The mans going crazier by the minute and is dangerously deluded.

If that is the case, who is going to be in charge of the next 2 games then?

"Once the club is settled in the new stadium" means Ron isn't going anywhere for quite a while. Look how long it took Southampton to "settle" into St Mary's after leaving their fortress cauldron of the Dell.

Or that they are somebody else on the Board?

Back