• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Planning approval yesterday was crucial, Sainsburys needed detailed approval and flats needed approval - both got it.

Finance has been in place (subject to planning) for a long time. In current financial climate however all things needed to be lined up as people are taking less risk.

Not quite everything in place, tenders are back, are within budget, however contractor has not been selected yet.

Still have to buy Prospects College, Neil Bates is now "talking to them sensibly".

Phase 1 of Fossetts Farm will take 16 months to build, 18 months before we will be playing there.

He wants to build the superstructure for West Stand by the time we move there.

Been a struggle to complete development mainly due to the need to buy 30 different properties.

Ben Fryer asked about Tara - Ron has said Tara has been "on and off for 2 months", Tara started a job in London on 3rd January. He has left, Ron can't say why as he doesn't know why. He is disappointed. It was Tara's decision to leave. Tara had no shares, he was an employee. Maybe it wasn't for him in the end. "He's gone, we'll move on".

"Will you replace him?" Already had discussions with someone before Tara started who couldn't start then but can now.

Tara invested £150,000 in October 2010, he will now require that back. We will discharge Tara's investment in the coming weeks.

What's quite meant by 'approval'? I thought we had CPOs but were trying to strike up deals with the flats, a well as prospects

"Wants to do superstructure for West Stand by the time we move"

Sounds cool in my head. What does it mean though. Probably not the space shuttle launch pad and roller disco my imagination just made up ?

What's quite meant by 'approval'? I thought we had CPOs but were trying to strike up deals with the flats, a well as prospects

Yesterdays council meeting was to grant detailed planning permission for FF - we already had outline planning but needed the full planning to proceed.

Sounds cool in my head. What does it mean though. Probably not the space shuttle launch pad and roller disco my imagination just made up ?

I'm guessing it means the basic steel structure would be erected(fnarr,fnarr) but not necessarily fitted out to completion.

According to the Echo today, the flats being knocked down at RH and replaced is the first stage.

All this sounds promising, but I think most of us will believe it when we see it.

Sounds like the usual spin from Ron then and not much in the way of firm dates when we can expect things to happen. Same as in 2011 / 2010 / 2009 / 2008 etc etc. Bored with it Ron. In any other line of business this guy would be labelled 'time-waster' or 'walter mitty'

Sounds like the usual spin from Ron then and not much in the way of firm dates when we can expect things to happen. Same as in 2011 / 2010 / 2009 / 2008 etc etc. Bored with it Ron. In any other line of business this guy would be labelled 'time-waster' or 'walter mitty'

If you were Ron would you be making a statement that included "firm dates" when you know how many dependencies there are to this project and the history of it?

If you were Ron would you be making a statement that included "firm dates" when you know how many dependencies there are to this project and the history of it?

He already stated that the new stadium would be ready for 2008-2009 season!!!

does anyone know - do we own the ground that the new ground will be built on?

Nope. We will own diddly squat.

Our entire existence will be based around TV income, sponsorship, advertising, gate receipts, transfer fees and peripheral income (programmes, shirt sales, etc.)

It mean Ron is talking out of his arse again.

Back