• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ooh-andy-ansah

Director
Seriously think Ron ought to ban PB from speaking to the press for the next few weeks. Maybe use Horton to issue some basic non controversial board sanctioned statements before and after matches.

PB needs to keep his head down and his mouth firmly shut and concentrate on coaching.

The era of the old style manager is over. They should be Head Coach and leave press and media to others who are more qualified to deliver balance and avoid comments that make the club a laughing stock.

The vast majority of criticism that Brown gets on here is for spouting bollocks, time to calm things down Ron.

Or you guys need to stop ******** the bed over everything. Seriously, do you have nothing else to worry about?

"Laughing stock"? Do you really, honestly, for a second, think that any fan from any of the other 91 Clubs knows or cares about our transfer window or what our manager has said?

This place...

Or you guys need to stop ******** the bed over everything. Seriously, do you have nothing else to worry about?

"Laughing stock"? Do you really, honestly, for a second, think that any fan from any of the other 91 Clubs knows or cares about our transfer window or what our manager has said?

This place...
Plenty of other fans from various clubs listen to Brown, I've had one abroad today say " your manager is a tosser, talks bollocks and loves himself"

You're another exile who feels qualified to remark on what you haven't actually witnessed or paid cash to see, correct me if I'm wrong and you attend 30+ games a season. Until you do I view your opinion as pointless.

I would like to see Ron wear his team GB lake placid 1980 winter Olympics tracksuit more often.

Yeah I'm sure after we've had a game we want to hear the opinions of the designated press officer rather than the manager... Brown puts his foot in it a lot but talking to press is part of his job, banning him from interviews won't help.

Plenty of other fans from various clubs listen to Brown, I've had one abroad today say " your manager is a tosser, talks bollocks and loves himself"

You're another exile who feels qualified to remark on what you haven't actually witnessed or paid cash to see, correct me if I'm wrong and you attend 30+ games a season. Until you do I view your opinion as pointless.

I see more than my share of matches thank you.

I've also been here long enough to remember people criticising Tilly for not talking enough. Maybe we just have a lot of moaning children as supporters.

Did. Not. Happen

To be fair to Brown he is fairly open and friendly to fans if you have a chat with him. With the media he is usually up front about his thoughts but this is an area where he needs to think first. His downside is the veiled hints about players implying that they are not good enough. He should be far more sensible when dealing with his playing staff. The ridiculous on the pitch talk at Hull was a typical example. He shot himself in the foot the other day implying that his own selected squad are in for a season of struggle. I am sure some of the players are not too keen on him as a boss but hopefully everyone, players and fans can bury differences and pull together as one.

I can't say I'm 100% happy with how things are going at SUFC right now, but I 100% don't give a **** what the fans of other clubs think.

I'm a lot more worried about on-field proceedings at the moment than what's said in an interview afterwards. I think that a lot of our fans take much more notice of them than our players do.

This place...

Slight overreaction? :stunned: This is a forum: a place where views are aired or thoughts shared for comment. That isn't '********' the bed. Question, yes, but let's not harangue people for sharing an opinion even if we disagree markedly.

Compared to a lot of online football fans' forums this one is refreshingly polite and courteous. Let's keep it that way please.

It appears that all life long SUFC supporters, who, for what ever reason cannot attend 30+ plus games and cannot waste as much "hard earned cash" as this supporter, must now have their support and opinions "validated" or thrown out as point less and irrelevant. He, and only he has his finger on the pulse of what's going on at the club, the mental fabric of the players and behind the scenes events. Surely, the message board should reflect all opinions, of all "Shrimpers" agree to disagree, yes, but respect anyone who takes the time to genuinely supports this club. The "my dads bigger than your dad"
mentality has no place on here.

It appears that all life long SUFC supporters, who, for what ever reason cannot attend 30+ plus games and cannot waste as much "hard earned cash" as this supporter, must now have their support and opinions "validated" or thrown out as point less and irrelevant. He, and only he has his finger on the pulse of what's going on at the club, the mental fabric of the players and behind the scenes events. Surely, the message board should reflect all opinions, of all "Shrimpers" agree to disagree, yes, but respect anyone who takes the time to genuinely supports this club. The "my dads bigger than your dad"
mentality has no place on here.
Could be argued if you haven't witnessed first hand the garbage served up for 6 months+ your opinion has no place on here, I prefer fact to fiction.

Could be argued if you haven't witnessed first hand the garbage served up for 6 months+ your opinion has no place on here, I prefer fact to fiction.

I would agree, but we are talking about how Brown addresses the media, which doesn't require you to go to the matches to see.

I would agree, but we are talking about how Brown addresses the media, which doesn't require you to go to the matches to see.
Of course it does, goes hand in hand. His comments often bear no relation to what supporters have witnessed during 90 mins.

Of course it does, goes hand in hand. His comments often bear no relation to what supporters have witnessed during 90 mins.

So exiled blues supporters aren't allowed an opinion here then, or does it depend on whether their view coincides with yours?

Back