• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron out/Ron in???????? protests

Ron In Ron Out

• Total voters

leeblue

Members⭐
so given todays outcome in court where do we stand in terms of the protests against ron, the anger post tilly sacking, some long term supporters on here stating they will not go to RH while ron is in charge. I am not taking either side by the way just intersted to hear from the most anti-ron posters on this latest development. Im not sure this is the end of the whole sorry affair and the treatment of SUFC legends over recent months has been shocking.....but if we believe what has come out of teflons gob (hard I know) then maybe just maybe he has pulled it all off

Remember he got us in that mess in the first place, although we have had some good years with him in charge as well.

Certain issues/ lies could have been dealt with better, the fans, players and staff could have been treated with a bit more respect in a business like manner.

However I will give the man another chance, although I would still feel more comfortable with someone else in charge.

I think without doubt he has pulled it off - we are still here and he said we would be.

Thing is, its the method that he has done it that will stick in peoples throats, but he has got us through it somehow.

I see it as a case of 'its going to get worse before it gets(got) any better'.

we were spoilt with 7 yrs of consistent mangership , and some considerable success.. the recent upheaval is much more like it for a lower league club... as usual though its not boring

its not getting any better, we have a load of part time players, being paid next to nothing, what incentive does Ron have keeping southend up? If we fall out of the league, he can cut the wage bill even further.

I think without doubt he has pulled it off - we are still here and he said we would be.

Thing is, its the method that he has done it that will stick in peoples throats, but he has got us through it somehow.

I see it as a case of 'its going to get worse before it gets(got) any better'.

maybe last season was the inevitible low point, we seem to have now cut our cloth accordingly on the wages front and the tilly sacking was the final push of the reset button from ron hairdo, many angered but maybe needed

its not getting any better, we have a load of part time players, being paid next to nothing, what incentive does Ron have keeping southend up? If we fall out of the league, he can cut the wage bill even further.

Biggest load of tosh I've read in weeks - and thats saying something considering some of the stuff even I post.

Also an insult to the players that have joined.

Sorry but not changing my mind, the heart has been ripped out of the club, no mention of whether the trust has been paid back, no mention of Tilson and Brush having their contracts being paid, still far too many questions unanswered and as far as Sainsburys go I would like to see a statement from them confirming what the spin master has said.

I won't be visiting Roots Hall this season to watch a bunch of cloggers and has beens.

maybe last season was the inevitible low point, we seem to have now cut our cloth accordingly on the wages front and the tilly sacking was the final push of the reset button from ron hairdo, many angered but maybe needed

Thats exactly how I see it.

For better or worse, Ron calls the shots and at that level you HAVE to make decisions people will not like - sometimes decisions people will REALLY not like.

He's kept us going, he's been sneaky, deceitful, devious and down right mistrustful - but, he has kept us going.

If the last 12 months was a 'master plan' to reboot the club, then lets look to the future and hope lessons have been learned. Most of us support a football club for (hopefully) 60 odd years, 1 (really) bad year here or there isnt a problem as long as the club survives and we keep moving forward.

The fans will always be here.

I dont understand it when fans say "THATS IT! I'M NEVER GOING AGAIN UNTIL X HAS GONE"... you're just cutting off your nose. The fans will be here longer than any player, chairman etc. Just support the club!

Sorry but not changing my mind, the heart has been ripped out of the club, no mention of whether the trust has been paid back, no mention of Tilson and Brush having their contracts being paid, still far too many questions unanswered and as far as Sainsburys go I would like to see a statement from them confirming what the spin master has said.

I won't be visiting Roots Hall this season to watch a bunch of cloggers and has beens.

Was there a heart to the club?

They seemed to be here just for the money, because as soon as it started drying up, they stopped trying and they left as quickly as they could. I don't blame them for leaving, but I'm not going to allow them to be lionised.

If there's a heart to this club, it's Anthony Grant.

Was there a heart to the club?

They seemed to be here just for the money, because as soon as it started drying up, they stopped trying and they left as quickly as they could. I don't blame them for leaving, but I'm not going to allow them to be lionised.

If there's a heart to this club, it's Anthony Grant.

Amen to that!

Ron in, yes there have been the problems. This whole thing could have been a big blessing in disguise.

Every cloud.

All Chairman are the same as far as I'm concerned, so makes no difference to me.

At the time of both Tilson and Brush the club stated they would honour the contracts. Shrimpers Trust state on BBC web site they are expecting money repaid next week. Can't see Sainsbury's allowing their name to be used in the High Court like that unless it was true.
Would it have been better if we had folded today?

At the time of both Tilson and Brush the club stated they would honour the contracts. Shrimpers Trust state on BBC web site they are expecting money repaid next week. Can't see Sainsbury's allowing their name to be used in the High Court like that unless it was true.
Would it have been better if we had folded today?

Yes, yes it would.

Wait a minute.... No, no it wouldnt.

Nothing has changed for me, His Ego has run away with him once, whats to stop him again?. As i said over the weekend, its now time to get Fan representation on the board, to challenge the decisions he makes. I still don't get how people are happy to turn the other cheek to the way he has treated us. But don't worry we can all relax!! It doesn't get much more patronising than that. I wont relax until he starts treating people with respect and he stops trampling over anyone in his way (anyone who thinks thats how you need to conduct business is rudely mistaken). I don't see what he has achieved as a master stroke, he has slithered out of trouble by the skin of his teeth (Thank you J Sainsburys). As far as i know both the Trust and Tilly still haven't been paid, but more ******** PR says all debts are clear, nice one. I want the team to succeed and i want a new stadium, i also want our chairman to tell the truth. Like many, my love for Southend United will never die, However like all loves this one has taken a kicking,

Nothing has changed for me, His Ego has run away with him once, whats to stop him again?. As i said over the weekend, its now time to get Fan representation on the board, to challenge the decisions he makes. I still don't get how people are happy to turn the other cheek to the way he has treated us. But don't worry we can all relax!! It doesn't get much more patronising than that. I wont relax until he starts treating people with respect and he stops trampling over anyone in his way (anyone who thinks thats how you need to conduct business is rudely mistaken). I don't see what he has achieved as a master stroke, he has slithered out of trouble by the skin of his teeth (Thank you J Sainsburys). As far as i know both the Trust and Tilly still haven't been paid, but more ******** PR says all debts are clear, nice one. I want the team to succeed and i want a new stadium, i also want our chairman to tell the truth. Like many, my love for Southend United will never die, However like all loves this one has taken a kicking,

Whilst I want fan representation on the board, I think we'd be fooling ourselves if we think that the fans would have been the ones to say: "stop spending all this money on Clarke, Francis, Hammell, Paynter, Foran, Revell etc". At the time we needed to off-load players, our fans were demanding more, not less signings.

I've plumped for "shake it all about". To be quite frank, the constant drivel, spin and shampoo protruding from his facial orifice has annoyed me no end. I would like nothing better than for ron martin to do something different for a change!

Back