• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Well done Ron for appointing Phil !

Yesterday's game was at times beautiful to watch,we played nice slick football,Great stuff Phil and you should have gave baldy a tuppeney one.

Deeg was impressive with his range of passing,I would prefer him playing attacking midfield as I still believe he is a Defo red card playing deep.

Good day and that is my kind of football.

Well done Ron for appointing Phil !

Yesterday's game was at times beautiful to watch,we played nice slick football,Great stuff Phil and you should have gave baldy a tuppeney one.

Deeg was impressive with his range of passing,I would prefer him playing attacking midfield as I still believe he is a Defo red card playing deep.

Good day and that is my kind of football.

Although I agree with much of what you say, however, Deegan was lucky to stay on the pitch, his tackle was dreadful, reckless and unnecessary, could easily have seen red if Phil hadn't taken him off.

4 times Deegan has been booked in the league. 4 times we've won.

Although I agree with much of what you say, however, Deegan was lucky to stay on the pitch, his tackle was dreadful, reckless and unnecessary, could easily have seen red if Phil hadn't taken him off.

Completely agree. We should only have players that duck out of tackles, and if they aren't sure, let the opposition go past them. I'd much sooner lose every week than have players booked.

4 times Deegan has been booked in the league. 4 times we've won.

His assault on the Vale lad was x rated and we thought straight red !,I thought Deeg was one dimensional but proved me wrong as he has an array of passes in his locker.

Keep the shorts down Deeg and hope the ref doesn't target you.

Completely agree. We should only have players that duck out of tackles, and if they aren't sure, let the opposition go past them. I'd much sooner lose every week than have players booked.

What a stupid thing to say. My point is that his tackle was reckless, there was nothing hard about it, nothing mis timed about it, the guy beat him him he couldn't catch him so he cleaned him out. If that's what you want to see then fine. Take whites yellow card which I thought was harsh as I thought he won the ball, he went for the ball, was hard in the tackle but was unlucky, Deegan was none of those. I like Deegan, recently he has done a good job for the side, but needs to learn to stop picking up yellows for reckless tackles that's all I'm saying.

What a stupid thing to say. My point is that his tackle was reckless, there was nothing hard about it, nothing mis timed about it, the guy beat him him he couldn't catch him so he cleaned him out. If that's what you want to see then fine. Take whites yellow card which I thought was harsh as I thought he won the ball, he went for the ball, was hard in the tackle but was unlucky, Deegan was none of those. I like Deegan, recently he has done a good job for the side, but needs to learn to stop picking up yellows for reckless tackles that's all I'm saying.

My game was never about speed but if a nippy little git was danger you wiped him out and made him think twice. Well done yesterday.

Deegans tackle was a professional type foul. Their player was on our back four and it could have meant trouble so Deegan took him out. Phil would have been pleased with what he did. I was. Other teams do it to us.

My game was never about speed but if a nippy little git was danger you wiped him out and made him think twice. Well done yesterday.

Agree and in the old days you could get away with it. Carry on as he does and how will eventually cost us a game. As I've said I like Deegan but I still think he is reckless at times that's all. I used to play CB and u used to be able to give the CF a whack inside the first 5 minutes, now you do it and u run the risk etc

Agree and in the old days you could get away with it. Carry on as he does and how will eventually cost us a game. As I've said I like Deegan but I still think he is reckless at times that's all. I used to play CB and u used to be able to give the CF a whack inside the first 5 minutes, now you do it and u run the risk etc

Agreed but there is a fine line and Deegan just about stays on the right side. I love a combative midfielder and was a huge Timlin fan when others were not sure about him.

Yet again people are praising Deegan for a reckless challenge, that I find unbelievable!!

What if he was already on a yellow and made these 'necessary' fouls, would we still be praising the fact even when he got sent off. If an opposition did that to one of our players and injured him, would be happily accept it had to be done.

I'm actually pleased Deegan has proved me wrong, as he's been playing well, but please, let's stop praising the guy for these reckless challenges

Yet again people are praising Deegan for a reckless challenge, that I find unbelievable!!

What if he was already on a yellow and made these 'necessary' fouls, would we still be praising the fact even when he got sent off. If an opposition did that to one of our players and injured him, would be happily accept it had to be done.

I'm actually pleased Deegan has proved me wrong, as he's been playing well, but please, let's stop praising the guy for these reckless challenges

What a ridiculous 'what if'. Deegan doesn't do it once he's booked, he's not daft. Yesterday was taking one for the team - that he uses a guaranteed booking anyway to also hit the opposition hard is a good thing. Grant got a similar booking for just holding back Weston who had mugged him and was running at their back 4. I'd rather Deegan's version all day.

100% agree, well said, I'm sure we all had a similar reaction after the Millwall game, where again was reckless for no reason. Yes he plays on the edge that's his game, but that tackle yesterday was very poor.

That last comment is tongue in cheek surely!

What a ridiculous 'what if'. Deegan doesn't do it once he's booked, he's not daft. Yesterday was taking one for the team - that he uses a guaranteed booking anyway to also hit the opposition hard is a good thing. Grant got a similar booking for just holding back Weston who had mugged him and was running at their back 4. I'd rather Deegan's version all day.

The ref was lenient IMO ,Deegs variation of cleaning out the oppo was more suited to rugby or wrestling,the modern game requires all 11 remaining on the pitch,Phil gave him the hook to save Deeg and the team.

You don't take one for the team in the middle of the pitch when the entire defence is ready and waiting, plus the guy was half way inside the half, not on the edge of the box, as for Weston mugging grant, really, it was right in front of us, Weston and grant had a tussle and Weston was stronger that's all, grant was silly to pick up the booking, but, he could have got away with it, Deegan was simply reckless. Would people honestly be saying that if he had snapped the guys leg in half? There is a huge difference between the Deegan tackle and let's say the white booking.

You don't take one for the team in the middle of the pitch when the entire defence is ready and waiting, plus they guy was half way inside the half, not on the edge of the box, as for Weston mugging grant, really, it was right in front of us, Weston and grant had a tussle and Weston was stronger that's all, grant was silly to pick up the booking, but, he could have got away with it, Deegan was simply reckless. Would people honestly be saying that if he had snapped the guys leg in half? There is a huge difference between the Deegan tackle and let's say the white booking.

Agreed !

Deeg could have been booked in the first few minutes tugging their left winger several times.

That tackle has no place in the game,violent and career threatening.

So it was a ridiculous decision for Brown to have taken him off then, as he was obviously concerned with him getting sent off, as it wasn't performance reasons he was subbed

So it was a ridiculous decision for Brown to have taken him off then, as he was obviously concerned with him getting sent off, as it wasn't performance reasons he was subbed

We were shocked when Deeg came out for the second half,we were convinced Phil would hook him during the interval.

He's been sent off once since 2009 in 120 games. As I said before, he isn't daft.

Back