• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron provides another managerial update

A reasonable update to be fair- doesn't mention Sol Campbell having mentioned him before? Does that mean nice that but not for us?

If I had to guess I still suspect HL is in the pounds seats with AB/ST as plan B

Of course not knowing who the other three are makes this pure guess work but RM has invested a lot of time on the HL proposition that does look stronger with Mjallby

Urgh, reading that, you just know it won’t be Tilly & Barrett.

**** the others Ron, go all out to bring these two back & give them the rest of this season & next, regardless if we go down or not.

Allow them to build their own team, and let’s see where we are in 18-months.

At the very least, these two will galvanise the fans.

Looks like my CV was shredded, then. I'll try again next time...in about 3 months.

Should he go with HL I am assuming that he would want to bring ALL his own back room staff and that includes physio etc so, where would that leave the existing staff?

A reasonable update to be fair- doesn't mention Sol Campbell having mentioned him before? Does that mean nice that but not for us?

If I had to guess I still suspect HL is in the pounds seats with AB/ST as plan B

Of course not knowing who the other three are makes this pure guess work but RM has invested a lot of time on the HL proposition that does look stronger with Mjallby
So it will be down to finances for those two ,more than likely they refuse the contract offered
regarding Barrett and tilson i would of thought that the latter now in temporary charge of millwall has thrown a spanner in the works .
seeing someone tomorrow morning that’s a interesting one ,ahh the mind boggles

Looks like my CV was shredded, then. I'll try again next time...in about 3 months.

Oh sorry to hear that .... that leaves just me Henrik, and Sol.

I did a rather good avatar thing - top left corner - probably swings it for me .. plus my thoughts on why the chairmans input on team selection is always key ..

Oh sorry to hear that .... that leaves just me Henrik, and Sol.

I did a rather good avatar thing - top left corner - probably swings it for me .. plus my thoughts on why the chairmans input on team selection is always key ..

Perhaps, he thought my promotions on FIFA and Football Manager, don't count as Footballing Achievements in his book ? Tut !

Would Adam Barrett choose to be number one at Millwall over us?

Genuine question.

I can’t see it personally. Forget the nonsense about them being a division above, because that’s irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

They certainly don’t have the financial clout to compete with the big guns of the Championship, instead It’s more likely they’ll be that relegation/lower mid-table team for the foreseeable future, (or until John Berylson wins the EuroMillions).

No, Barrett’s a Southend fan, who has been chomping at the bit, to take charge here. He knows this is a place where he will be given time & the fans will - largely - have patience in his tenure.

Compare that to his time at Millwall, where he’s seen a so-called club legend get insulted, belittled & abused by his own fans to the point he’s had to walk away.

I cannot see a genuine reason why he’d choose to be their number one, over us.

I’d be absolutely staggered if Millwall are considering Barrett to take over. Therefore you’d think that actually Harris leaving is a good thing for us, as it means that we could get Barrett for free, albeit we’re going to have to wait longer than Ron would probably want to.

Quite a steamy account from Ron. So, what did we learn? Well, smelling of expensive cologne, Ron "met Johan" on his gaytrip, sorry "daytrip" to sexually-liberated Sweden. Johan is being eyed by Henrik as "backroom staff" (is that a euphemism?). Ron sounds rather taken with the young, athletic Johan and he loves a backroom deal, but we also know that Ron is a bounder and a cad--not one to be tied down by a Scandinavian fling--so he spends the next day sipping Manhattans and reminiscing about good times from the mid-2000s scene with Stevie and Adam. That session lasts a good two and half hours. Ron prefers not to get it on with old flames but then, "there are always exceptions". Ron spends the rest of the week as dandy and flaneur, sashaying from club to club seeking to "recognise the talent". He's clearly got lucky once again and we hear that he's managed to arrange a rendezvous--via Grindr?--with a mysterious "fifth candidate". Sol? Or some 'rough trade' from the docks? But then "that will be it, no more". Plus de liasions. We will see Ron, we will see.

Last edited:
Although Gary Waddock wasn't my favourite for the job, he's on a no win situation tomorrow?.
Still temporarily in charge, responsible for trying to motivate & getting a result tomorrow, yet knows if he doe's then next week in all probability he'll be ushered into the background somewhat!.

Although Gary Waddock wasn't my favourite for the job, he's on a no win situation tomorrow?.
Still temporarily in charge, responsible for trying to motivate & getting a result tomorrow, yet knows if he doe's then next week in all probability he'll be ushered into the background somewhat!.
He needed to beat accrington to be considered and the loss to Brightons kids made things even worse! No chance

He needed to beat accrington to be considered and the loss to Brightons kids made things even worse! No chance
Absolutely this. Waddock has had plenty of time to prove he's the man for the job, and has even had the public backing of several players. Sadly he's fallen short.

You do kind of get the impression ron is enjoying this a bit. Lording over the situation and shredding cvs with an evil laugh.

Ron needs to act ,If Adam to be the manager I have been informed that Millwall would consider him along with other candidates for the role they look at him as managerial prospect.

Back