• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron provides another managerial update

Yeah i do. Naive perhaps but just how many adam barretts do we have left? Didnt work for powell but then he had already moved on as a player and became a legend with other clubs. Barrett is a southend legend. And i imagine when he looks back on his playing career those few glorious seasons we had will mean the most.

If this club hadnt been run so poorly with non payment of wages and managers who get upset at someones comments i dare say barrett would have stayed here till the end.

Obviously if he succeeded and man city came calling but lets be realistic. Thats never gonna happen. I dont think its that unrealistic to think that Barrett might stick around to help build something here

For me the main stumbling block of him returning is that he knows rons business practices and lack of financial clout. And im sure like many of us we love roots hall with a passion but in reality its falling apart and a relic in terms of progression. So he wont be sold on rons usual BS

He wouldn’t apply to be SUFC manager if that in case, I think RM plan was blown out of the water soon as Millwall put him in charge against Leeds.

We have catchment of 750k within 20 miles radius, so the potential is bigger than the like of Bournemouth, Wigan, Swindon etc

We have over 32k at Wembley for Play Off Vs Wycombe (they bought 13k fans out of 48k fans)

Bournemouth, Wigan and Swindon don't have massive queues of Arsenal, Spurs and West Ham fans at local stations on match days though.

That said It wouldn't surprise me if we pick up a few thousand Spurs fans this season.

I'm sorry, he wouldn't - if anyone had a chance to better themselves, and earn more money, they would take it. Look at the Cowleys; they said they wouldn't leave Lincoln as they love it there, but even they got tempted in the end!!

Anthony Grant stayed, so why didn't Barrett?

I think you'll find that wasn't by choice. Adam had done as much as he could, he was even subbing wages for junior staff that were'n't getting paid. This club has to start looking forward, or we have no future at all. Obviously RM and AB have a lot of previous, lets just hope they can work together to turn this ship around if they are the best option for our survival! Of course this is all conjecture.

Today's update is............there is no update.

Oceania is still at war with Eurasia.

Which comes first new manager or new ground..... PLACE YOUR BETS.

Out of curiosity and for those stato's out there, what is the longest time a club has been without a proper Manager? Obviously caretaker in place but only overseeing until a proper Manager is appointed.

P
Out of curiosity and for those stato's out there, what is the longest time a club has been without a proper Manager? Obviously caretaker in place but only overseeing until a proper Manager is appointed.
Probably us when Tilson was caretaker lol

How long did Alvin Martin last?

Interesting comment 'Ricky Otto'. I've heard the same name being mentioned several times re 'player power'.
However if that is the case, then lets hope our new manager ( who-ever it is ) nips it in the bud quickly.

Out of interest would one of the names rhyme with Siphon Fox?

Ron. Now please make a decision.
Your indecision over the last few days has caused stress which
resulted in me having a heart attack and ended up being carted off to Royal Papworth hospital late last night .After great treatment here feeling better, but Ron could make my day by announcing Adam's return to Roots Hall

Blimey. That's taking it a bit far Woodbridge, it's only a game. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery mate.

If you Google it, we're not even close yet; few examples of 4 months and one at 6 months!!

Woodbridge is my dear brother. Come on Ron, give him a real tonic and help his recovery by appointing AB today. Get well soon brov.

Ron. Now please make a decision.
Your indecision over the last few days has caused stress which
resulted in me having a heart attack and ended up being carted off to Royal Papworth hospital late last night .After great treatment here feeling better, but Ron could make my day by announcing Adam's return to Roots Hall

Yeah get well soon mate, and remember there are far more important things to worry about in life than this football club.

Back