• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron speaks- appointment expected this week.

The thing that worries me is the Chairman's capacity to judge what would be a good managerial appointment. He does not seem to be listening to many at the club who rate Craig Fagan very highly. He also seems completely unaware of the damage already done by the time taken to make a decision.

Times like this would be very handy to have a CEO

Last edited:
This. The comment is pathetic and maybe he did spend more time around Sol than we thought and his weird Instagram stuff is rubbing off on Ron. How old is he? and he's posting cryptic messages like a teenage girl after a break-up.

I took the comment as Tilson, Fagan and Currie (the rumoured 3 front runners are way off the mark)

Rightly or wrongly, the Chairman has been speaking in a cryptic manner long before Sol's arrival. I appreciate he has kept the club going through very tough times and I am sure he wants the very best for the club, but I think it is time for him to be more forthcoming on the current embargo and the recruitment of the next manager. If he cannot do this because of the sensitive nature of the information, he should say in straight-forward terms rather than play word games.

From all I have read, Moseley, is the only one that excites me. A genuine, on the way up, successful, respected manager. If it is him then good on Ron.

Risk for Molesley though. On one hand, if he's "known" within the game, then a chance will come his way sooner or later - but if he jumps at the first league club (us) and given our state, it ends in a sacking or heaven forbid a relegation etc, then his managerial career could be over before its begun.

Will be a lot to weigh up...

By all means, have a little hint if the time between managers is a week or so, but right now people are worried and annoyed and Ron seems to have misjudged his little joke. Yes this seems a little bit snowflake-ish and it’s not a big deal, but the man should have a bit of respect for how concerned some people are for the future of the club.

By all means, have a little hint if the time between managers is a week or so, but right now people are worried and annoyed and Ron seems to have misjudged his little joke. Yes this seems a little bit snowflake-ish and it’s not a big deal, but the man should have a bit of respect for how concerned some people are for the future of the club.
And for the candidates who have applied for the job.

I can't give you any more insight since my last post 3 days ago, but we (Barnet) have subsequently lost out on Paul McCallum today who was our top target (to Dagenham at that...) and the feeling is that the chairman needs to make a MASSIVE statement of intent to vaguely keep the fans on board. Losing DC would more or less tip the fanbase over a teetering edge.

It could well be that we've decided to agree to whatever demands DC made for him to stay.

Like you all we wish this was all done and dusted one way or another. We've only got 6 first teamers signed up.

If you're into betting, don't read too much into the price changes etc. Bookies have very little insight into chairman's thoughts outside the top division. Market makers keep a close eye on local newspaper reporters' quotes hence why when Chris Phillips mentioned Mark Molesley, he suddenly appeared on the list. (A red herring in my opinion).

Bookies will then look to test the market. If money (and most only allow a max bet of £20 on new managers for the reason stipulated above) begins to flow to the new name, then they'll reduce the odds. As very few people will be betting on this kind of announcement, compared to say a PL manager, the odds will shorten dramatically if as little as five people bet on it.

The market makers will then continue to scan local reporter info and adjust accordingly. That's why Currie was 1/10 at one point yesterday and is suddenly 1/1 as I write.

The moral of the tale is...if you believe in a candidate, bet on them early when you're likely to get the best price.

No-one knows who the chairman will pick. The bookies certainly don't know - some still have Kevin Maher in the list and he didn't get an interview!

Hope this helps.

I thought he added The phrase is that a clue after saying they were way of the mark. I am fed up with cryptic comments, we had them a lot with SC so dont need RM adding to it

The guy CP mentioned from Weymouth is now 11/10 with Currie at 10/11, someone out some dosh on him last night

If you're into betting, don't read too much into the price changes etc. Bookies have very little insight into chairman's thoughts outside the top division. Market makers keep a close eye on local newspaper reporters' quotes hence why when Chris Phillips mentioned Mark Molesley, he suddenly appeared on the list. (A red herring in my opinion).

Bookies will then look to test the market. If money (and most only allow a max bet of £20 on new managers for the reason stipulated above) begins to flow to the new name, then they'll reduce the odds. As very few people will be betting on this kind of announcement, compared to say a PL manager, the odds will shorten dramatically if as little as five people bet on it.

The market makers will then continue to scan local reporter info and adjust accordingly. That's why Currie was 1/10 at one point yesterday and is suddenly 1/1 as I write.

The moral of the tale is...if you believe in a candidate, bet on them early when you're likely to get the best price.

No-one knows who the chairman will pick. The bookies certainly don't know - some still have Kevin Maher in the list and he didn't get an interview!

Hope this helps.
I know how bettinf works, my point was in a low value market (SOuthend managers job) some money has gone on MM to bring his odds down and lengthen Curries

I didn't say you didn't...just trying to help people understand the game. All the best.

I know how bettinf works, my point was in a low value market (SOuthend managers job) some money has gone on MM to bring his odds down and lengthen Curries

I thought he added The phrase is that a clue after saying they were way of the mark. I am fed up with cryptic comments, we had them a lot with SC so dont need RM adding to it

The guy CP mentioned from Weymouth is now 11/10 with Currie at 10/11, someone out some dosh on him last night
He was more than 22-1 at one point, maybe Ron asked couples of his mate to put £2k in different bookies on Moseley, to pay off our tax debts and lift the embargo.... just saying ??

Back