• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron speaks- appointment expected this week.

I won’t be disappointed with Fagan. But I would feel a bit meh if we announced that. Only because we could have done that 4 weeks ago and already had some kind of building blocks in place and had the guys back training
Yes, we could have had him in place last month....................there again I suppose Ron would then have had to pay him earller as a manager................which could have been a problem.

Completely agree with this, if we do go with him it seems like a real waste of time messing around with other candidates. I get that we would have needed to see if anyone was better suited, but if Ron thinks he's good enough now then surely he shared the same view last month.

I think the Chairman wanted to be convinced that Craig Fagan was competitive with other candidates available and Fagan seems to have passed that test.

On Fagan, it might be that he wasn't ready, but now is. Obvious question is what difference does a month make. But going through the process of applying could make a huge difference. Rather than just thinking about the next couple of sessions he'd have to put plans in place for the next season, next couple of seasons. Pathways for players in and out, tactics, personalities, all things like that. Putting these sorts of processes in place can make a massive difference

I don't think every club in Lge 2 uses ifollow so I suppose there is the chance that some of the away games might not be shown.
Thats barmy, times have changed forever, the technology is readily available, i would have thought ifollow would be a no brainer and they should be massively enhancing their service in association with clubs and local radio stations for commentary.

Thats barmy, times have changed forever, the technology is readily available, i would have thought ifollow would be a no brainer and they should be massively enhancing their service in association with clubs and local radio stations for commentary.

The technology is easy to get round. So with the right device and a cheap connection you can cut the clubs out all together.....The PL are fair game but the lower leagues will suffer and it just a few years it will really show. Even last season some Shrimpers chose ifollow over a season card, once they could watch home games.

They need to ake it more secure, which will become a techno race. Or the only place it should be broadcast is back to the home ground of the away team, if that makes sense......Possibly after the game at say 18:00hrs

If its Tilson, it will show just how low we have sunk!
I do wonder sometimes exactly why 'fans' think they can say anything they like without a thought to others. There are ways of saying things.

This is extremely disrespectful to Tilson. He was a great player, one of our most successful managers. He's been loyal. He loves our club. The club I... and presumably you... support.

For the record, I acknowledge that his managerial success must owe a fair bit to Brush, but that doesn't take anything away from his own contribution. Our club's free fall when he was manager was down to the dismantling of the squad from above. Lincoln was a lost cause as a club (as we might be at this point, sadly).

Despite the above, I am not of the opinion that it would be right to appoint Tilson as our no. 1. I do have concerns that he's been out of the professional game for so long... but to say that appointing him would show how low we have sunk is a disgraceful comment.

If he is appointed, I will get fully behind him. I can only hope that people like you will, too.

Last edited:
So, I would assume we'll know about the new manager by Wednesday when the players return to training.

"Football Management, if a person truly wishes to succeed, is living and breathing the club day in day out not just during training but being focused on the players well being 24/7 too."

Is the comment concerning level of committment a critique of PB and his media work and SC's reported lack of involvement and interest in the players?

Why would Ron be against that?....Plus it saved him money.

I do wonder sometimes exactly why 'fans' think they can say anything they like without a thought to others. There are ways of saying things.

This is extremely disrespectful to Tilson. He was a great player, one of our most successful managers. He's been loyal. He loves our club. The club I... and presumably you... support.

For the record, I acknowledge that his managerial success must owe a fair bit to Brush, but that doesn't take anything away from his own contribution. Our club's free fall when he was manager was down to the dismantling of the squad from above. Lincoln was a lost cause as a club (as we might be at this point, sadly).

Despite the above, I am not of the opinion that it would be right to appoint Tilson as our no. 1. I do have concerns that he's been out of the professional game for so long... but to say that appointing him would show how low we have sunk is a disgraceful comment.

If he is appointed, I will get fully behind him. I can only hope that people like you will, too.

Yes you are correct, I am. I will get behind whoever is announced this week, indeed if you go through my previous messages on this site you won’t find any calling for the removal of Sturrock, Brown, Powell, Bond, Waddock or Campbell. The level (of ambition) reflected on the club not on Tilson and his achievements (with Paul Brush) a decade or so ago. Whoever is chosen will have a huge task in stopping the rot and seeing this club I love slipping out of the the Football League...

Up the Blues.

Depends on how much they have to pay for the service and whether their fan base is big enough to ensure they get a return on that investment. The clubs mentioned have all recently been promoted from the National League so I assume, with the possible exception of Orient, they don't have the biggest of followings.

On Fagan, it might be that he wasn't ready, but now is. Obvious question is what difference does a month make. But going through the process of applying could make a huge difference. Rather than just thinking about the next couple of sessions he'd have to put plans in place for the next season, next couple of seasons. Pathways for players in and out, tactics, personalities, all things like that. Putting these sorts of processes in place can make a massive difference
And also quite possibly who his coaching team will be- something I assume all candidates will need to cover. For example Fagan could address any concerns on the experience front with a clever appointment as his number two.

Last edited:
I'd love to know who these candidates are whose agents are saying they will get us promoted first time of asking!

Depends on how much they have to pay for the service and whether their fan base is big enough to ensure they get a return on that investment. The clubs mentioned have all recently been promoted from the National League so I assume, with the possible exception of Orient, they don't have the biggest of followings.
Good points, but cant they just bung a camera in the stand and charge 8 quid or something. Thats what ifollow seemed like to me last time i watched it. I dont think this virus is going anywhere soon and a certain percentage of any clubs fanbase must be in the at risk or age category to make them stay away. Im genuinely surprised it doesnt appear to be a staple for L21/L2 clubs now. Particularly away game streams.

Good points, but cant they just bung a camera in the stand and charge 8 quid or something. Thats what ifollow seemed like to me last time i watched it. I dont think this virus is going anywhere soon and a certain percentage of any clubs fanbase must be in the at risk or age category to make them stay away. Im genuinely surprised it doesnt appear to be a staple for L21/L2 clubs now. Particularly away game streams.
Some Championship clubs do not use Ifollow either. Fulham for instance refused to use it, they use their own service

Actually refused is the wrong word, they were in the premiership when it was discussed and therefore were not included. They could then have agreed too but felt the own service would be a better option

Back