• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron speaks- appointment expected this week.

Ive just read a very recent interview with Dean Austin, and I wonder if there's a possibility of a Tilson/Fagan/Austin combo?

I think it should be either Fagan or Currie. Virtually everyone who has worked with Fagan have said he is outstanding and Currie has done well in his managerial appointment at Barnet,

My big fear is that the Chairman will overlook Fagan or Currie and go for a Austin/Tilson combination. Passion is not enough, and while Austin gave it everything at Northampton the results were very poor. But the Chairman reportedly has a soft spot for Austin!

That's a great article, I know he's very highly rated in the game and this article demonstrates why. I'd love to see Austin as part of the new management team.

This statement really stood out, "At Southend we had very good players, but they were also ready to go to war together”. That's what we've been missing. We need players of this ilk and the right management to bring it all together.

This statement really stood out, "At Southend we had very good players, but they were also ready to go to war together”. That's what we've been missing. We need players of this ilk and the right management to bring it all together.
Quite impressed by what I have just read so quite happy if he was part of our new management/training team........

Well, whoever it is, hopefully we’ll get an announcement tomorrow evening, ready for Wednesday’s return to training

I think it should be either Fagan or Currie. Virtually everyone who has worked with Fagan have said he is outstanding and Currie has done well in his managerial appointment at Barnet,

My big fear is that the Chairman will overlook Fagan or Currie and go for a Austin/Tilson combination. Passion is not enough, and while Austin gave it everything at Northampton the results were very poor. But the Chairman reportedly has a soft spot for Austin!
Like he over looked Coughlan and Mahar .

Well, whoever it is, hopefully we’ll get an announcement tomorrow evening, ready for Wednesday’s return to training

It’s got to be, you can’t return to training without the manager in place.

Reactions: GBJ
A day or two shouldn’t make a huge difference, as the players will be having fitness tests and doing general fitness work which the existing staff can handle if needs be. You’d want the new management team in place no later than Sunday evening this week though, so they can get cracking Monday.

Having said all that, it would be far better for all of us if this could be nailed down before then please Ron!

I still see the odd Allegro being driven.

When was the last time anyone saw a Maestro, Montego or Metro on the roads?
According to 'Howmanyleft' it looks like more Metro (304) still on the roads compared to Allegro (195), Maestro (185) & Montego (39).

Wonder how many of those Allegro still have the original square steering wheel.

To keep this a bit Southend related I went to the 2nd leg of the Anglo Italian English final v Notts County in an Austin Montego.

Back