• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron speaks- appointment expected this week.

So the handful of players that we actually have on the books are due back for pre-season training tomorrow with still no manager appointed, who will be taking these training sessions? Ricky Duncan? Craig Fagan?

Not sure who’s leading training, but I know the players’ won’t all be training together at the same time.

They’ve been split into groups of five, based on their positions, and will train at different times.

No mention about Covid testing from the club yet either.

I said on another thread, IF everyone stays the situation isnt as doom and gloom as people make out.

We could actually field a starting 11 and most of a bench with players that were never a part of Craig Fagans u23s side

Something like this :-

Oxley (30)

Elvis (22) White (34) Lennon (25) Ralph (27)

Goodship (26) Dieng (28) demetriou (32) Barrett (25)

Kelman (19) Humphrys (23)

None of these were in Fagans 23s at all

Bench :

Hutchinson (20)
Kyprianou (23)
Klass (21)
Clifford (21)
Gard (21)
Emile (20)
Phillips (23)

none of these played any real 23s with Fagan either (except maybe Phillips)

making up the rest of the match day squad would I guess come from :-

Egbri (19)
Taylor (18)
Seadon (19)
MMN (19)
Kinali (20)

these are players who would all have played regularly for him but I don’t see any of those being regular starters ?

but it’s still a healthy squad of 23 all of who have some FL experience.

obviously there are more serious problems if some of them end up leaving and worse still if we incur injuries!

Not sure who’s leading training, but I know the players’ won’t all be training together at the same time.

They’ve been split into groups of five, based on their positions, and will train at different times.

No mention about Covid testing from the club yet either.

These kind of measures completely slipped my mind. It's going to be interesting to see who is leading the sessions though until we announce someone. Other than Duncan and Fagan, who is still at the club who could be involved?

I said on another thread, IF everyone stays the situation isnt as doom and gloom as people make out.

We could actually field a starting 11 and most of a bench with players that were never a part of Craig Fagans u23s side

Something like this :-

Oxley (30)

Elvis (22) White (34) Lennon (25) Ralph (27)

Goodship (26) Dieng (28) demetriou (32) Barrett (25)

Kelman (19) Humphrys (23)

None of these were in Fagans 23s at all

Bench :

Hutchinson (20)
Kyprianou (23)
Klass (21)
Clifford (21)
Gard (21)
Emile (20)
Phillips (23)

none of these played any real 23s with Fagan either (except maybe Phillips)

making up the rest of the match day squad would I guess come from :-

Egbri (19)
Taylor (18)
Seadon (19)
MMN (19)
Kinali (20)

these are players who would all have played regularly for him but I don’t see any of those being regular starters ?

but it’s still a healthy squad of 23 all of who have some FL experience.

obviously there are more serious problems if some of them end up leaving and worse still if we incur injuries!

Get shot of Dieng and replace him with Gard, Phillips or Hutch, and that’s not a terrible line-up.

These kind of measures completely slipped my mind. It's going to be interesting to see who is leading the sessions though until we announce someone. Other than Duncan and Fagan, who is still at the club who could be involved?

Ben Clarkson and his team may have some input I guess.

I think Ben and his team are furloughed.

Seems strange to bring players back for pre-season training, and deliberately omit the physio team. You’d be forgiven for believing that they might be quite important at this time of the year, especially after the players haven’t trained for five months.

But then nothing surprises me with this club.

The new manager has one hell of a job to do. EVERYONE wants out.

That's why I hope it's Currie... as good as Fagan is or may be, I don't think he's enough of a new broom.

We need a new face with new contacts and new ideas. A fresh outlook and enthusiasm may be enough to persuade some to give it a go.

Wanting out and being able to get out are two very different things at this time.

Post Covid I don’t see much money changing hands so players under contract should probably count their blessing to a degree but that will ultimately stop most of those players leaving.

Realistically, although they may not say they actively want to leave, I’d imagine list is quite long of players that would agree to a move if the opportunity came up and probably includes every single player under contract that wasn’t signed within the last 2 months!!

Reactions: fbm
He said he was going to make an appointment this week. If it were to be Fagan, he'd know by now so why not just appoint him instead of giving him caretaker control of the start of training? Doesn't make sense.

I think its gonna be Currie.

A tale for those saying about the need for someone from outside. Essex (cricket) had Paul Grayson as head coach. And we sucked. A team of worse underachievers you would not find. He left, and we were all desperate for a new broom, outside view, fresh perspective. Instead they gave it to his assistant manager. Next season we won promotion, season after that we won the title unbeaten. I'm not saying it needs to be Fagan, just that an internal candidate can provide the new broom effect.

Back