• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ron speaks

I am the silent type at games and observe these individuals, hurling abuse .. and think, why pay for a match ticket/coffee/burger/programme just to clearly stress yourself out for 90 mins. Maybe it's their escape?? All very well saying 'I for pay my ticket I do as I choose' but why should every one around them have to suffer their nonsense? Agreed, this season has tested the patience of most .. it's been shocking .. but nevertheless some of the drivel spouted by these wannabe managers is senseless. I'll be there in Bristol, looking for positives and hoping that away from RH the players might be feeling the pressure a tad less and against all the odds, get a result we can begin to build from.

Edited to add - I hope they can do that at Burton too, but I won't be there ;)

Obviously not the snarling idiots full of hate and personal failure but some of the odd individuals can be quite fun. I was in the East blacks a while back and the man behind me was doing a brilliant but not meaning to, impression of Frankie Howard.

Every pass, even though completed. We had an OOH, NOO....DON'T. defending in our own box meant he couldn't get his words out but we did get every other grunt and murmur going.......If your looking for 2 hours of total fear and panic, then this man really gets his money's worth.

I haven't had a season ticket for a while now but tend to go south upper when I go to the odd game nowadays. There is a bloke and his kid up there and this bloke does nothing but moan and it has rubbed off on his horrible kid. The kid spends all game on a handheld computer thing playing games but he pulls himself away from his engrossing game every time the crowd start moaning about the ref. He then goes on a screaming expletive loaded rant at the ref, despite the fact he was watching his screen rather than the game and hasn't a clue what really went on. He must only be about 10 yrs old, horrible kid who will grow into a horrible fan.

There were three teenagers rather like that, who I made the mistake of sitting behind in East Greens for the Ipswich game.I certainly won't be making that mistake again when I'm over next. for our last home game against Shrewsbury.They were fing and blinding throughout.I've got a reputation for swearing myself but I'm really not in their league ,nor would everI want to be.I would never swear at our players,managemen,t etc throughout the game.It's so boring and unedifying. Hopefully they'll have ****ed off by May.

Last edited:
Obviously not the snarling idiots full of hate and personal failure but some of the odd individuals can be quite fun. I was in the East blacks a while back and the man behind me was doing a brilliant but not meaning to, impression of Frankie Howard.

Every pass, even though completed. We had an OOH, NOO....DON'T. defending in our own box meant he couldn't get his words out but we did get every other grunt and murmur going.......If your looking for 2 hours of total fear and panic, then this man really gets his money's worth.
You're right it's fun observing. There was a guy in the South Upper vs Oxford who appeared to be a big fan of Elvis and never commented on any other player. Whenever Elvis did something worthy of praise it was 'Go on Elvis' or 'nice one Elvis'. Otherwise he was totally silent. At full time he just stood there motionless staring at the scoreboard as if in stunned disbelief. I left him to it.

If you think this sort of remark is going to tempt me into revealing the identity of this person ,then you're mistaken.

I know your an hour ahead and you Europeans like a glass or two before lunch......Just don't do it to often would be my advice.

My understanding is that the Chairman's aggressive attitude (over dividing the future spoils of FF) has frightened potential, wealthy backers away.I'm aware of at least one such potential backer,a former supporter of ours,who is now involved with Chelmsford FC.

Apparently the financial situation at Chelmsford is still precarious. They are being taken over by Betsi who run the successful Chelmsford City racecourse. As far as I know this takeover has been going on for months but nothing finalised. The fans over there are divided, some are worried about the club actually surviving but others see Betsi Ltd as the new messiah. Different people have varying reasons for investing in football clubs, as fans you just have to keep your fingers crossed that your club is in safe hands.

Apparently the financial situation at Chelmsford is still precarious. They are being taken over by Betsi who run the successful Chelmsford City racecourse. As far as I know this takeover has been going on for months but nothing finalised. The fans over there are divided, some are worried about the club actually surviving but others see Betsi Ltd as the new messiah. Different people have varying reasons for investing in football clubs, as fans you just have to keep your fingers crossed that your club is in safe hands.

Are we though? :Unsure:

There were three teenagers rather like that, who I made the mistake of sitting behind in East Greens for the Ipswich game.I certainly won't be making that mistake again when I'm over next. for our last home game against Shrewsbury.They were fing and blinding throughout.I've got a reputation for swearing myself but I'm really not in their league ,nor would everI want to be.I would never swear at our players,managemen,t etc throughout the game.It's so boring and unedifying. Hopefully they'll have ****ed off by May.
Pretty sure I sit not too far from these, certainly in earshot, they are season ticket holders. One in particular just loves shouting meaningless nonsense throughout the game:

"PRESSURE...FORWARD...PRESSURE...SHOOOOOTTTT...FORWARD...FORWARDDDDDD"

As if going to games alone wasn't bad enough this season. It's a shame because the East Greens could benefit from some vocal support.

He's an individual of high net worth who was interested in taking over the club (along with some others ) the last time we were in serious trouble.

One of the Blue Knights Consortium ? the property developers who wanted the club, the ground and FF in exchange for clearing the external debts ....tried it on big style than disappeared as quickly as they surfaced .....

Pretty sure I sit not too far from these, certainly in earshot, they are season ticket holders. One in particular just loves shouting meaningless nonsense throughout the game:

"PRESSURE...FORWARD...PRESSURE...SHOOOOOTTTT...FORWARD...FORWARDDDDDD"

As if going to games alone wasn't bad enough this season. It's a shame because the East Greens could benefit from some vocal support.

Not sure that qualifies as negative support.

Sounds more like encouragement. We don't close teams down any where near enough, get forward anywhere near enough or shoot anywhere near enough.

I think for the most part the fans have tried and failed to inspire the most insipid side I've ever seen at the club.

There is only so much encouragement you can give before anger takes over.

How is that any of our business?

Well it’s simple really, we have a vested interest in the football club. We are customers/investors of the SUFC product.

It’s in our nature - aswell as our interests - to be quizzical & to seek information regarding the running of our club.

If there’s money being ploughed into it, then I think it is absolutely in our interests to know where that is coming from.

Now granted, there may not be a lot we can do about the running of the Club, but that doesn’t mean we should be ignorant, to how it’s run.

Were they in roughly ROW I? Centre towards the directors box?

Im about to put a complaint in against them?

Id actually say its torture sitting there

I am the silent type at games and observe these individuals, hurling abuse .. and think, why pay for a match ticket/coffee/burger/programme just to clearly stress yourself out for 90 mins. Maybe it's their escape?? All very well saying 'I for pay my ticket I do as I choose' but why should every one around them have to suffer their nonsense? Agreed, this season has tested the patience of most .. it's been shocking .. but nevertheless some of the drivel spouted by these wannabe managers is senseless. I'll be there in Bristol, looking for positives and hoping that away from RH the players might be feeling the pressure a tad less and against all the odds, get a result we can begin to build from.

Edited to add - I hope they can do that at Burton too, but I won't be there ;)

I think everyone around me in East Black were very restrained on Saturday, there was the odd boo and a couple of sarcastic remarks but nothing like its been in the past. When the cushions used to come on the pitch! (I'm showing my age).
I stood in the queue for the gents at Half Time and thought to myself, how on earth do we tolerate these conditions in 2019/20? Southend United is a disgrace from top to bottom, the fans are this clubs blood. Its the people that have made this club, the Spuds,Spanners, Chelski supporters laugh at us, still going down that sh*t hole week in week out, watching that rubbish. I've heard it all over the years. But SUFC is my club, but lets make no bones about it, we are on our arse. I don't need anymore RM promises or him telling me he's in the trenches with me?? If some fans want to sound off that's their prerogative, We've been shafted time and time again over the last decade. I won't boo any player wearing a SUFC badge, but I will tell them if they are not trying. I'm not going back before the New Year at the earliest, I'm not enjoying it. Its not a Badge of Honour supporting your local team, its supposed to be a pleasure. Maybe my palate just can't stomach it at my time of life, it just hurts too much at the moment.

Surely it can't be that precarious at Chelmsford City, I'm a good friend of Leroy Lita's and he signed for them a couple of weeks ago. I'd imagine he won't be on a pittance there and will likely be one of their top earners. I believe they've signed a few players recently who are well known names in non-league circles too. Are they throwing money at players which the club can't afford?

Did he have a spare £400m to fund the FF and RH project?

Well, Ron certainly doesn't, all talk and smoke and mirrors, 15+ years he's been promising us FF... bored waiting, I'd rather he sold up and *****d off quite frankly.

Well it’s simple really, we have a vested interest in the football club. We are customers/investors of the SUFC product.

It’s in our nature - aswell as our interests - to be quizzical & to seek information regarding the running of our club.

If there’s money being ploughed into it, then I think it is absolutely in our interests to know where that is coming from.

Now granted, there may not be a lot we can do about the running of the Club, but that doesn’t mean we should be ignorant, to how it’s run.

Agreed, that is quite simple. However there is a difference between being interested and having a right to know, which is how I would define something being ‘our business’.

Whilst we have an emotional connection to the club and there is a moral (and legal) responsibility for financial probity in its’ finances it isn’t actually ‘our club’ unless we have a shareholding in it. Even then, it would be highly unusual for one shareholder to consider it their business to know the personal finances of another shareholder.

So, unless there is evidence of wrongdoing (in which case the police are the people whose business that is) then I still don’t see how Ron’s personal finances outside of SUFC - which is where the money comes from essentially - is our business any more than our personal finances are any business of his.

That was kind of my thrust too @Spaceman Spiff .

No-one is making anything "their business" to know, which was why I was surprised it was being suggested.

However, it's a discussion point and as such is something of interest.

A forum is simply that and is a tool for people to be corrected in what they perceive is happening, as well.

There's probably been a million posts on here since inception and I doubt many have changed what actually happens at the club, but it can enlighten us as we go along.

Very much agreed @AndyT. Forums often have contributors who regularly plough similar furrows, as is their right. Other contributors are equally within their rights to tire of that and question it. It’s all been reasonably amicable so far and as such I think we’ve all understood and operated within the norms of Internet forums.

Back